***Official 2019-2020 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

189,788 Views | 2280 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by M.C. Swag
mavsfan4ever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not looking great. I think bucks will watch brogdon so that is very risky. Apparently we are throwing a Hail Mary at Tobias. I'd be good with him. Brogdon is my first choice but if we don't get him we are left with nothing.

If we have Bogdanovic or tobias as a backup plan, I say go for brogdon. If not, not sure what we should do.
Grapesoda2525
Been saying all along that they should lock in on Beverley and a decent affordable center to make sure they get something.

The mavs always seem to get outmaneuvered during the free agent scramble. Pick 2nd and 3rd tier guys, focus on them, so that you at least get to improve your team.
rsf0626
If the mavs dont land brogdon or beverly or harris, i would even know who we would get.
M.C. Swag
AG
Chieck Diallo would be a great, cheap, big. 22 yrs old and an athletic rebounder. Mavs can def get him.
Grapesoda2525
M.C. Swag said:

Chieck Diallo would be a great, cheap, big. 22 yrs old and an athletic rebounder. Mavs can def get him.
So freaking underwhelming. He better not be all that we do get.
M.C. Swag
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

M.C. Swag said:

So freaking underwhelming. He better not be all that we do get.

Lol I did not mean that should be all we get. You literally just asked for the Mavs to add a affordable Center. Diallo is that guy. He's a perfect guy to add to a PBev+2nd tier (Ross, Green, etc) FA class. Or a guy you add to literally any dream FA if we strike gold with Brogdon.

Some of y'all need to recalibrate your emotions. It's not doom & gloom here.
hph6203
AG
Macs have already added Porzingis this off-season. If we went into this off-season looking to add talent and we nabbed Porzingis and Beverly everyone would be excited. If we added Porzingis, Beverly and Bogdanovic people would be going nuts and Brogdon or Harris people would lose their mind.

This team is getting better regardless of what happens and it's not the last opportunity before Luka is off his rookie deal.
Guitarsoup
AG
Alvarado Times said:

I'll admit I dont study NBA payroll rules but I see the Lakers paying Lebron, Davis and trying to get Kawhi,
the rockets paying Harden, Chris paul and trying to get Jimmy Bulter..... meanwhile the Mavs highest paid player is 20 million....and they are talking about only having the ability to spend 30 mil.... i get the whole KP hold..... but it seems like the Mavs manage their payroll terribly!
Rockets will have to dump every player worth anything to get Butler and their team would probably suffer.

Lakers have three players under contract - Bron, Davis, Kuzma. So adding a 3rd max player will be possible, but the other 11 players will need to be minimum contract players. Not a real balanced team.

Dallas has $32mm this season tied into Tim Hardway and Courtney Lee. That was part of the poison pill Dallas had to swallow to get Kristaps for Dennis Smith so the Knicks could rebuild and have capspace right now.
M.C. Swag
AG
M.C. Swag
AG
Math was wrong
Guitarsoup
AG
Dwight Powell for $11mm/year? Wow.
mavsfan4ever
AG
I'd be pretty happy with either of these:

Beverly and Bogdanovic
Beverly, Danny green and diallo (or other young cheap center)
mavsfan4ever
AG
He was already making $9-10. I'm fine with paying him $11 per year. He's a legitimate starter to pair with porzingis and is a great backup big man if we happen to start someone else.

I think he fits perfectly with porzingis so I hope we start him and spend our money on point guards and wings.
Guitarsoup
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

He was already making $9-10. I'm fine with paying him $11 per year. He's a legitimate starter to pair with porzingis and is a great backup big man if we happen to start someone else.

I think he fits perfectly with porzingis so I hope we start him and spend our money on point guards and wings.
Seems like a LOT of money for a 10/5 in 20mpg guy. He's turning 28 in a week, so it isn't like he is really going to turn a corner and progress to be more than that. Is he better than a 7th best player on a championship team?
PatAg
AG
You have to learn to just ignore most of what grape posts. The dude is the definition of a roller coaster. Everything is extremes with the guy, no room for nuance oe thought
mavsfan4ever
AG
If he starts alongside porzingis, I expect his numbers to go up dramatically. He's the perfect fit next to him. You need someone who can play 5 on offense and guard 4s on defense. And he's statistically the best rim runner in the league which should really help porzingis (and everyone else on offense).

Plus, he can now shoot 3s a little and always plays hard. Not saying it's amazing value but I like the signing.
Grapesoda2525
hph6203 said:

Macs have already added Porzingis this off-season. If we went into this off-season looking to add talent and we nabbed Porzingis and Beverly everyone would be excited. If we added Porzingis, Beverly and Bogdanovic people would be going nuts and Brogdon or Harris people would lose their mind.

This team is getting better regardless of what happens and it's not the last opportunity before Luka is off his rookie deal.
Porizingis was added during last trade deadline. He doesn't count as a new addition right now. For all intents and purposes, he's already in the boat.
PatAg
AG
Except that he is going to be signing a contract, potentially, at 5 pm.
True Anomaly
AG
PatAg said:

Except that he is going to agree to signing a contract, potentially, at 5 pm.

FIFY
True Anomaly
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Why is that surprising?
Grapesoda2525
True Anomaly said:

Guitarsoup said:

Why is that surprising?
The amount he's being paid to be a backup center.
sincereag
Why is there no interest by the Mavs in Julius Randle? Is he not a fit with Porzingas?
mavsfan4ever
AG
I think he would be a decent fit
Grapesoda2525
sincereag said:

Why is there no interest by the Mavs in Julius Randle? Is he not a fit with Porzingas?
Porzingis and randle play the same position.

Mavs need an off ball PG like Beverley and a center.
sincereag
I figure Randle could improve our rebounding and defense. They could use him and Porzingas to man the 4 and 5 spots interchangeably. Oh well, i guess we'll just settle for whatever is leftover after everyone else is done. I like him since he's a local product and would probably like playing here with Doncic.
Guitarsoup
AG
sincereag said:

I figure Randle could improve our rebounding and defense. They could use him and Porzingas to man the 4 and 5 spots interchangeably. Oh well, i guess we'll just settle for whatever is leftover after everyone else is done. I like him since he's a local product and would probably like playing here with Doncic.
Randle isn't a good defender. He ain't improving that for anyone.
Griffle
Grapesoda2525 said:

True Anomaly said:

Guitarsoup said:

Why is that surprising?

I don't think they are paying him to be a backup.
Grapesoda2525
Griffle said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

True Anomaly said:

Guitarsoup said:

Why is that surprising?

Probably not a good sign if he is starting.
rsf0626
Looks like our free agency is contingent on what Kawhi does.....in regards to Danny Green/pat beverly.

Havent heard anything on Horford either, so maybe we're still in play for that
TheMasterplan
No harris. No brogdon or bogdanovic.
Grapesoda2525
rsf0626 said:

Looks like our free agency is contingent on what Kawhi does.....in regards to Danny Green/pat beverly.

Havent heard anything on Horford either, so maybe we're still in play for that
What are the scenarios?

Leonard stays with raptors, Beverley resigned by clips, green stays with raptors

Leonard goes to lakers, Beverley resigned by clippers, green to mavs?

Leonard goes to clippers, Beverley and green to mavs because clippers don't have cap space anymore?

I don't follow free agency very closely.
True Anomaly
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Griffle said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

True Anomaly said:

Guitarsoup said:

Why is that surprising?

Probably not a good sign if he is starting.

I disagree, but of course time will tell
True Anomaly
AG
I wanna bathe in this

Griffle
Brad Townsend reporting Mavs will get Dragic.
Guitarsoup
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.