***Official 2019-2020 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

186,758 Views | 2280 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by M.C. Swag
M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Really bad officiating but even worse was Seth Curry's play. He completely no-showed in every way that mattered (particularly free throws).
Phat32
AG
What a choke job
Joe Cole
as said above, the most frustrating thing was they couldn't get a better look with 3 seconds to go. They totally wasted that opportunity
Southlake
Curry has done this before.
PatAg
AG
Joe Cole said:

as said above, the most frustrating thing was they couldn't get a better look with 3 seconds to go. They totally wasted that opportunity
I think the most frustrating thing was giving up a putback on the FT to tie the game. Maybe I'm crazy
jeffdjohnson
The most frustrating thing is that this team stops moving the ball in the last 5 minutes of a game. It is an unbelievable that the Mavs have the most efficient offense in NBA history until the last 5 minutes of clutch time. Somehow they are the 2nd worst offense in the league this year just ahead of the Pistons in those minutes.

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2020/8/1/21350532/the-most-efficient-offense-in-nba-history-crumbles-in-the-clutch-again-what-now

They stop moving the ball and end up taking late clock contested shots. At this point the goal for the bubble needs to be to get over this mental block. I would rather see them go down playing free than have to watch another Luka iso step back 3 at the end of the shot clock.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea the clutch stuff is really concerning. The stats are crazy, and it's clear to the naked eye as well. I'm not sure why we resort to iso after iso in clutch time.
True Anomaly
AG
Welp, we backdoored into the playoffs
fightinags2013
AG
F the fox sports go app...
MW03
AG
I can't wait to see the shot chart tonight. There's no reason we should be in a 3-point contest with Phoenix. Ayton and Booker on the bench, so let's just start hoisting 3s? Get your house in order, Carlisle.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yep it's ridiculous. But don't say anything negative about Carlisle around here. Or the mob will come out and get you.
PatAg
AG
We had a horrible 3rd, but these Rubio flops are ridiculous. How is that official calling the foul if he can't even see
Saint Pablo
KP didn't even make contact with him there smh
PatAg
AG
That same ref just put his hands up in the air in confusion, then called it for Phoenix and immediately review.

wtf is happening
PatAg
AG
Hardaway, 0 for the WHOLE game...why do we run the play for him?
EconAg18
AG
Pain.

Dallasag02
AG
Spaceship
AG
Terrible defense and this team can't close games - two things that bode real well for the playoffs...
fightinags2013
AG
Priority this off-season is a veteran who can help you close games. Doesn't have to be an all world player (you're running everything through Luka/KP anyways)- just has to not be a liability on either end. Danny Green Or Pat Beverly would have been huge for this team
fightinags2013
AG
To be fair, those guys would be huge for most any playoff team, but you get the point
PatAg
AG
I don't know that we need a veteran to learn to close or anyhting. I think our superstar talent is young, and it's the kind of thing most players learn as they play more in the NBA. It's why making the playoffs this year is important. It would also be nice to avoid the Clippers and have a better shot at getting to the 2nd round to get more games in.
jeffdjohnson
In both bubble games the Mavs had double digit second half leads while putting up a 3 pointer at the buzzer to win. 0-2.

They aren't that far off but we have known all season they need a good 3&D wing, one who is ideally your 3rd best player on the roster. They need to sacrifice some offense for defense there and push Curry to a 6th man role. You aren't winning a championship unless you are at least around #10 in defensive efficiency. The problem is identifying that player and having the assets to get them. The Mavs made shrewd moves to get Doncic and Porzingis but it cost them a bunch of assets. At the end of the day a playoff battle with the Clippers will still be a good experience for Luka. Anyways, I would rather be *****ing about Tim Hardaway Jr. than having to hear someone drone on about politics or COVID-19. Brings me back to the good old days of February 2020.
MW03
AG

Southlake
I'll say it: Rick did nothing to win these games down the stretch.

There I said it. But, I'm sure if we realize it then he does too. Expect better.
EconAg18
AG
From the Mavericks subreddit

cpawka
Luka has gotta be the most injury prone player I've ever seen.
J.P. 03
AG
cpawka said:

Luka has gotta be the most injury prone player I've ever seen.
You were here for the Chandler Parsons era, right?
EconAg18
AG
This is literally just a picture of Kevin from The Office and the chili scene. How does this image get caught by a filter? Staff y'all need to figure out your filter or update it.
MW03
AG
I was listening in the car a minute ago, and they said there are 11 more fouls and 13 more FTs on average inside the bubble across the NBA so far this season. What in the hell? Did the refs miss their whistles that much?
MW03
AG
Can anyone tell me why Wright is taking a scoop in traffic as the last shot? Does that make ANY sense whatsoever??
The Shank Ag
34-20-12, 50% from the field
mavsfan4ever
AG
well at least we won a game.
MW03
AG
The Shank Ag said:

34-20-12, 50% from the field

Pretty much a singular game in Mavericks history. Luka basically said "not again".
gomerschlep
AG
So... anybody else using the fox sports go app? I feel like I might just jump off a cliff if I have to hear that damned surfing' USA commercial one more damned time....
dave94
AG
gomerschlep said:

So... anybody else using the fox sports go app? I feel like I might just jump off a cliff if I have to hear that damned surfing' USA commercial one more damned time....

I mentioned on the Rangers thread about this being my most hated commercial. It plays on FSSW during every Rangers, Stars and Mavs game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.