***Official 2019-2020 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

186,766 Views | 2280 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by M.C. Swag
Seven Costanza
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Indiana 8-0 run in the final 3 minutes.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Felt like the refs were awful all night. We got hammered all game.

And our offense once again bogged down in crunch time. We have to figure that out.
BallerStaf2003
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Felt like the refs were awful all night. We got hammered all game.

And our offense once again bogged down in crunch time. We have to figure that out.

At what point does this fall on Carlisle? We have to be the least clutch team in the league.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea we are awful in the clutch. The pelicans game was the first game all year we have won when trailing at any time in the last 3 minutes. That's insane. I don't even know how that's possible with as often as leads typically change in the last 3 minutes.
wealeat09
AG
wealeat09 said:

MyNameIsKyle said:

PatAg said:

MyNameIsKyle said:

chris1515 said:

Agreed. Also pretty happy they sat out the trade deadline this year and didn't make any panic moves.

It feels different watching this team lately with KP playing like he has been. It's pretty clear he is a superstar.
one of the biggest differences is Doncics play. He just hasn't been right. The previous consistency and lockdown control over the flow and pace of the game just isn't there. Second win in a row in which Doncics plus minus lagged significantly below the team. Maybe the sophomore slump has finally hit him, or just the accumulation of injuries.
+/- is already not the best way of measuring a players performance, and two games is an insanely small sample size to draw conclusions from

I would say having a banged up left thumb is the primary culprit for any downturn in play, but he's still been very effective.
I agree, but the plus/minus in the short term in combination with the reduced efficiency over the last several weeks is all I was noting. I've been screaming from the rooftops, for months, for Doncic's to chill w/ the three heaves, b/c it makes him such a less efficient player. I think we're seeing that catch up with him, along with the injuries. He has the capability to be remarkably efficient, on the offensive end, but it's starting to look more and more like he's simply not a great shooter.
This must have been on the Mavs bulletin board. Luka is playing awesome and hitting shots.

Pacers have KP's number. Hopefully we pull it out.
Well I totally cursed him.

Post removed:
by user
ramblin_ag02
AG
Everyone talks about how we need a third guy. If we get a Jason Terry/Robert Horry-type late game assassin this team could be scary
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Post removed:
by user
ramblin_ag02
AG
I've been impressed by Hardaway's jump in efficiency, but I mainly attribute that to Luka getting him easy looks. Even so, it's clear based on our end of game struggles that we don't have a closer on the roster
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wealeat09
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Everyone talks about how we need a third guy. If we get a Jason Terry/Robert Horry-type late game assassin this team could be scary
That can easily be Seth. He's a better shooter than both of those guys.
Post removed:
by user
PatAg
AG
MyNameIsKyle said:

wealeat09 said:

ramblin_ag02 said:

That can easily be Seth. He's a better shooter than both of those guys.
issue with Seth is he doesn't handle well, for his position. The great thing about Terry wasn't just his deadly fourth quarter shooting but his ability to initiate the offense.

Also, Seth isn't young. What we're seeing now is probably near his peak, and while I really like him, he's nowhere near peak Terry. I continue to think THJ has more to unlock, ironically, as he continues to take bigger steps back from a primary role. THJ has defensive potential at his size and athleticism, and if Carlisle could get him to chill with the 1-1 offense and focus that energy on defense, he could be what Dallas needs. As it is, both Curry and THJ fit categorical needs, but both have a couple of skill areas that fall notably short. Peak Danny Green and Terry would perfectly compliment KP and Doncic, though that's pretty true for 90% of the league.
He's a better pure shooter than peak Terry, but Terry proved he could deliver in the clutch.
gigem1223
KP throwing this game tonight?
Post removed:
by user
MW03
AG
Should have swept these nutsacks...
True Anomaly
AG
Hope y'all are here at the last game of the year
Danny Vermin
Glad I'm watching as this is it for a while.
Saint Pablo
How the hell does Rudy Gobert get corona!?
MW03
AG
First Tom Hanks, now the NBA?

Now it's personal...
Seven Costanza
AG
Boban!
wealeat09
AG
Saint Pablo said:

How the hell does Rudy Gobert get corona!?
Karma.

Saint Pablo
t - cam
AG
There are going to be a lot of people with egg on thier face when this is done.
dave94
AG
t - cam said:

What would that look like? A low amount of reported infections or deaths? Doesn't sound like anything they would regret.
t - cam
AG
dave94 said:

t - cam said:

What would that look like? A low amount of reported infections or deaths? Doesn't sound like anything they would regret.

I don't know but it's annoying all the people pretending this isn't a big deal.
PooDoo
AG
Luka signed with Jordan Brand
1st shoe

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2020/4/28/21240018/luka-doncic-inspired-air-jordan-1-mid-coming-soon
EllisCoAg
AG
Game 6, 2011 on ABC
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
Trucker 96
JET
Trucker 96
Also, Cardinal dropping karate chops out there
NoahAg
PooDoo said:

1st shoe

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2020/4/28/21240018/luka-doncic-inspired-air-jordan-1-mid-coming-soon
1991 called. They want their shoes back.
True Anomaly
AG
NoahAg said:

PooDoo said:

1st shoe

And yet they sold out in minutes online
PatAg
AG
Luckily it's not an official Luka shoe, hopefully his first one looks good.
NoahAg
True Anomaly said:

NoahAg said:

PooDoo said:

1st shoe

And yet they sold out in minutes online
Doesn't mean it doesn't look really outdated (most bb shoes are ugly/dumb looking).
EllisCoAg
AG
2011 game 2 on espn

3rd qt Mavericks down 3
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
hph6203
AG
NoahAg said:

PooDoo said:

1st shoe

Think you mean 1984. These look better than most that came out in the 90s.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.