***Official 2019-2020 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

187,973 Views | 2280 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by M.C. Swag
cpawka
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We just got beat by a Lavineless Chicago team. Let that sink in.
M.C. Swag
AG
We also didn't have KP, Dwight, Brunson, and Powell. On the road of a back to back. It's not a big deal.
wealeat09
AG
It's endemic of a bigger problem. This was a huge opportunity to take care of business and gain some ground on Houston.

Instead, it's a sloppy loss that could have been won with free throws.
Grapesoda2525
The one team these guys don't want to see is the clippers in the first round.

It just feels like the Mavericks are destined to get the clippers when it's all said and done.

Losses to knicks X2, bulls, and hawks will hurt when we look back at the standings at the end of the season.
wealeat09
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

The one team these guys don't want to see is the clippers in the first round.

It just feels like the Mavericks are destined to get the clippers when it's all said and done.

Losses to knicks X2, bulls, and hawks will hurt when we look back at the standings at the end of the season.
Not to mention the blown finishes. We should have at least 5-6 more wins right now. It's pure sloppiness.
cpawka
wealeat09 said:

It's endemic of a bigger problem. This was a huge opportunity to take care of business and gain some ground on Houston.

Instead, it's a sloppy loss that could have been won with free throws.

Finally someone with some sense
mavsfan4ever
AG
We are much better without luka than we are without KP. Luka is amazing but With our current lineup construction, KP is much more important to the team's success. The Powell injury really hurts us when KP is out.

Hopefully we can have everyone healthy going into the home stretch. We can still be dangerous with KP and a healthy Luka and curry. Although, I am a little worried about how Luka will fare against playoff defenses. I think it may be a little rough for him. But that's a good problem to have and will be great to watch.
PatAg
AG
not worried at all
Post removed:
by user
PatAg
AG
young players always have to learn to win in the nba, its just how it goes
JW
AG
bingo
cpawka
Luka just hasn't had any burst the past 5-6 games. Thinking the ankle isn't healed yet
cpawka
cpawka said:

Luka just hasn't had any burst the past 5-6 games. Thinking the ankle isn't healed yet

My mistake. I see the brace on the ankle. Right?
Seven Costanza
AG
Just from an entertainment/storyline aspect, I'd like to see New Orleans grab that 8 seed.
BallerStaf2003
AG
cpawka said:

I agree. His body language seems really frustrated also.
Sex Panther
AG
Did the announcer just say "the ****ing ham and eggs?"
Saint Pablo
OT. Come on Mavs.
dave94
AG
Way to just do enough in OT! Much needed win.
MW03
AG
What a game. KP is a monster, and Luka with a hard working mans triple double. But how about Maxi playing Zion all damn night like a boss?? Great, great win tonight.
Saint Pablo
True Anomaly
AG
First true clutch win
hph6203
AG

Includes FSSW.
Danny Vermin
K.P is worth every penny Cuban gave him as far as basketball salaries go.
hph6203
AG
Despite all the hand wringing and complaining, the Mavericks put together a very efficient offseason. They got Curry, Boban, Delon, Powell and Maxi on relatively cheap deals (some on better deals than others) and didn't pay for guys that aren't producing at all. While that's not super exciting it's a damn good foundation and next offseason (2021) is where they have the opportunity to go from bottom half in the playoff seedlings to firmly in the top half.
chris1515
AG
Agreed. Also pretty happy they sat out the trade deadline this year and didn't make any panic moves.

It feels different watching this team lately with KP playing like he has been. It's pretty clear he is a superstar.
Post removed:
by user
Seven Costanza
AG
It's nice to have a bunch of bad teams towards the end of the schedule, because they are often in full tank mode by that point and it gives you some guaranteed wins. Dallas doesn't have many of them, though. Only Detroit, Phoenix, and Minnesota, and I'm not sure if any of those teams are actually tanking. That, and they seem to be at their worst against awful teams.
MW03
AG

PatAg
AG
MyNameIsKyle said:

chris1515 said:

Agreed. Also pretty happy they sat out the trade deadline this year and didn't make any panic moves.

It feels different watching this team lately with KP playing like he has been. It's pretty clear he is a superstar.
one of the biggest differences is Doncics play. He just hasn't been right. The previous consistency and lockdown control over the flow and pace of the game just isn't there. Second win in a row in which Doncics plus minus lagged significantly below the team. Maybe the sophomore slump has finally hit him, or just the accumulation of injuries.
+/- is already not the best way of measuring a players performance, and two games is an insanely small sample size to draw conclusions from

I would say having a banged up left thumb is the primary culprit for any downturn in play, but he's still been very effective.
Grapesoda2525
Seven Costanza said:

It's nice to have a bunch of bad teams towards the end of the schedule, because they are often in full tank mode by that point and it gives you some guaranteed wins. Dallas doesn't have many of them, though. Only Detroit, Phoenix, and Minnesota, and I'm not sure if any of those teams are actually tanking. That, and they seem to be at their worst against awful teams.
Phoenix always gives them trouble for some reason.
Post removed:
by user
MW03
AG
wealeat09
AG
MyNameIsKyle said:

PatAg said:

MyNameIsKyle said:

chris1515 said:

one of the biggest differences is Doncics play. He just hasn't been right. The previous consistency and lockdown control over the flow and pace of the game just isn't there. Second win in a row in which Doncics plus minus lagged significantly below the team. Maybe the sophomore slump has finally hit him, or just the accumulation of injuries.
+/- is already not the best way of measuring a players performance, and two games is an insanely small sample size to draw conclusions from

I would say having a banged up left thumb is the primary culprit for any downturn in play, but he's still been very effective.
I agree, but the plus/minus in the short term in combination with the reduced efficiency over the last several weeks is all I was noting. I've been screaming from the rooftops, for months, for Doncic's to chill w/ the three heaves, b/c it makes him such a less efficient player. I think we're seeing that catch up with him, along with the injuries. He has the capability to be remarkably efficient, on the offensive end, but it's starting to look more and more like he's simply not a great shooter.
This must have been on the Mavs bulletin board. Luka is playing awesome and hitting shots.

Pacers have KP's number. Hopefully we pull it out.
TDub
AG
How many times does Luka have to get hit in the fave before they'll call a foul?
cpawka
Unbelievable. Absolute ****ing choke job. Disgusting.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.