***Official 2019-2020 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

186,692 Views | 2280 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by M.C. Swag
South Platte
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can someone enlighten me on what Marcus Morris did after making the 3 in OT to put Clippers up? He shot a gun at Kleiber's feet. I don't know what that's supposed to be. He supports gun violence after a 9 point performance?
gigem1223
True Anomaly said:

I can't believe all this is happening against the CLIPPERS. The one team we truly feared. Not that we're going to win this thing, but jesus....

Eff that we winning it all now! Why not us with tGoat leading this team?
AgGrad99
AG
TempleAg97 said:

I hurt my throat screaming but I don't care. Witnessed greatness!

Did the exact same thing.
Trucker 96
I was wondering about this as well as far as whether it was directed at Kleber or just kind of random
MW03
AG
Been ruminating. I think that's in the argument for the greatest performance in Mavs history. There's Dirk's OKC Game 7 2011, Spurs Game 7 2006, and Miami Game 4 2011 that come immediately to mind. Bad leg, must won't 43 with a game winner 3, not to mention 17 rebs and 13 assists. Oh, and KP was out.

Just saying. Historic performance.
Bones08
AG
MW03 said:

Been ruminating. I think that's in the argument for the greatest performance in Mavs history. There's Dirk's OKC Game 7 2011, Spurs Game 7 2006, and Miami Game 4 2011 that come immediately to mind. Bad leg, must won't 43 with a game winner 3, not to mention 17 rebs and 13 assists. Oh, and KP was out.

I always like to throw Jet's game 6 performance against the Heat into the discussion. 27 points on 11-16 shooting in 34 minutes. Came up clutch in the biggest game when Dirk was having an off night.

I don't think it tops some of those premiere Dirk games, but I just like to give it some recognition.

Praise Luka.
South Platte
MW03 said:

It's up there for sure. Jason Terry, Game 4 of WCSF vs. Lakers, also comes to mind. That's certainly the best game the Mavs ever played in franchise history.

South Platte
I'd wish for the NBA to suspend Montrez Harrell for the rest of the season, but his -29 performance yesterday on the +/- actually works in Dallas' favor.
dallasiteinsa02
South Platte said:

I'd wish for the NBA to suspend Montrez Harrell for the rest of the season, but his -29 performance yesterday on the +/- actually works in Dallas' favor.

Noticed the same thing.
TheDino
AG
Luka is amazing. I love watching him play. This Mavs team is a ton of fun.

Long time Spurs fan here.
Pumpkinhead
AG
MW03 said:

It is really a shame that Luka's performance yesterday wasn't in front of a Mavs home crowd in Dallas.

That was the only thing missing from checking off every box of a 'historical' level performance.

I think if we tried to create a 'Top-20 All-Time Playoff Performance' list, that game by Luka's last night would be in the conversation. Just the only thing missing was an actual live home crowd, which would have been really fun watching the place erupt when he hit that game winner. It was fun anyways watching just his own teammates go nuts and mob him.

Southlake
KP is no longer the unicorn, Doncic is.

I've played and followed hoops at all levels up to the Pros and have never seen someone play like that.

And, he's 21.

How about that White Boy?
Phat32
AG
Would have absolutely broken AAC
TDub
AG
No KP is still the unicorn. Doncic is Wonder Boy
Saint Pablo
EconAg18
AG
Oh no! PG13% doesn't think our defenders are that great! Lol this dude keeps proving why he has become a more and more disliked player over the years.
Saint Pablo
I love it. Keep overlooking the Mavs!
Grapesoda2525
Saint Pablo said:

Good good

I hope you continue to suck azz and miss wide open shots George. Azzhat.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Any news on KP yet?
NoahAg
Grapesoda2525 said:

Saint Pablo said:

Good good

I hope you continue to suck azz and miss wide open shots George. Azzhat.
Lotta talk from a dude who's shooting 29%, 22% from the 3, in this series.
awrollins
DFS listed as questionable in addition to Porzingis with hip issues.
jeffdjohnson
mavsfan4ever said:

Any news on KP yet?

Pain.
PatAg
AG
I'm fine with being careful with his knee. Still super young and 7 ft, but it does give you concern going forward given his previous injuries and the style of game he plays.
jeffdjohnson
Last time KP had knee soreness he missed 10 games. It is very possible we don't see him again in this series. He is a great player but this is the only time we really need him. The fact that this is happening even after being load managed is the biggest concern going forward.
Saint Pablo
Porzingis is out. He may need a nickname w another p word in it.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea, once he sat out last game I figured he'd be out for a while. If it was just minor soreness, you have to beleive he'd push through it for a big playoff game. It would be weird if he sat out for soreness in game 4 and then was back in the lineup two days later. So I figured it must either be a long term risk, or an injury that would last a while.

Both are concerning for the long term view.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Apparently it's not the same knee as the ACL tear (according to some random guy on twitter). Not sure if that makes it better or worse.
The Shank Ag
According to Skin, it was a training staff miracle he played game 3.
jeffdjohnson
mavsfan4ever said:

Yea, once he sat out last game I figured he'd be out for a while. If it was just minor soreness, you have to beleive he'd push through it for a big playoff game. It would be weird if he sat out for soreness in game 4 and then was back in the lineup two days later. So I figured it must either be a long term risk, or an injury that would last a while.

Both are concerning for the long term view.

Hard for us to say with limited information. However, we were told yesterday that the MRI didn't reveal anything that would preclude him from playing today. This has the feel of being over-cautious since they don't know where the soreness is coming from. I have to think that if it is game 7 of the finals that he is going to risk it. But game 5 (non-elimination) of a first-round series against title favorites is apparently not worth it. As disappointing as it is, I can't say I disagree. It will be really interesting to see if he plays in game 6 if that is an elimination game.
Danny Phantom
We'll need kleba to step up & start knocking down threes with KP missing game 5 & possibly the rest of the series.
PatAg
AG
Kleber, and yes. He needs to find his regular season form from 3.
The Shank Ag
Kleber is 1-16 from deep in this series.

He's due to turn that around, and you can tell Luka still has plenty of confidence in him, but it's got to be exhausting watching him miss after miss after miss on wide open looks.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
True Confessions Board: Despite living 42 of the past 46 year in Houston,I'm way more excited to watch the Clips-Mavs tonight then Rockets-Thunder tomorrow.
dallasiteinsa02
Are the going to call George or Lenord with a push off this series?
bangobango
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

Are the going to call George or Lenord with a push off this series?

It's ridiculous.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.