***Official 2019-2020 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

189,780 Views | 2280 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by M.C. Swag
M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That was prolly the worst loss of the season since Toronto.
mavsfan4ever
AG
That last possession was pathetic. We really needed that win.
Grapesoda2525
All star break can't come fast enough.

Post removed:
by user
mavsfan4ever
AG
And why are we even guarding the guy standing on the other side of half court? That gave them a lot more space than they otherwise would have had.
Post removed:
by user
94chem
MyNameIsKyle said:

Looking like a possible pick up of Michael Kidd Gilchrist. Hasn't been able to stay on the floor and can't really shoot, but has some perimeter defense potential. Marginal nba player but has that "if anybody can max his potential, Carlisle can" sort of vibe. Maybe a little Aminu like.

Anybody not named Rondo.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Seems like a poor man's Dorian. Don't really want him but I guess it's fine if we don't play him much.
Post removed:
by user
Seven Costanza
AG
Dennis Smith has been very disappointing for the Knicks. Averaging 5 points and 3 assists on 33% shooting in 28 games this season.
True Anomaly
AG
Seven Costanza said:

Dennis Smith has been very disappointing for the Knicks. Averaging 5 points and 3 assists on 33% shooting in 28 games this season.

We were so stoked on DSJ
t - cam
AG
Seven Costanza said:

He's another roddy b. Great athlete, just not great at basketball.

PatAg
AG
True Anomaly said:

Seven Costanza said:

We were so stoked on DSJ
A lot of people were pretty concerned he was just someone that could dunk and couldnt really run an offense. He just relied on out athleting people until he got to a point where everyone else was on his level. He can still technically learn, I guess.
jeffdjohnson
MyNameIsKyle said:

Looking like a possible pick up of Michael Kidd Gilchrist. Hasn't been able to stay on the floor and can't really shoot, but has some perimeter defense potential. Marginal nba player but has that "if anybody can max his potential, Carlisle can" sort of vibe. Maybe a little Aminu like.

Would be a good pick up. The Mavs don't have a bigger defensive wing to burn some minutes. I think he is playable even with his bad jump shot as long as KP is out there. He would have to be used as a screener/cutter but the Mavs have had success with guys like him in the past.
cpawka
PatAg said:

cpawka said:

This team plays embarrassingly bad at home. It's disgusting
you arent wanted
Up yours
Seven Costanza
AG
They will have to cut Lee or Broekhoff to make room for MKG (Justin Jackson is still under contract next year). It's hard to say if he's actually an upgrade over either of those guys, especially since they fill entirely different roles.
Danny Vermin
WCS seems to have earned a rotation spot with his play.
cpawka
It's so hard to watch this team play basketball without Luka.
Dallasag02
AG
cpawka said:

It's so hard to watch this team play basketball at home.

fify
Guitarsoup
AG
dave94
AG
jeffdjohnson
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/10/26/18025298/michael-kidd-gilchrist-hornets-draymond-green

If this guy is healthy I think the Mavs are a good fit for his skillset. You basically put him in the Dwight Powell role as a screener/cutter with Luka and 3 other shooters. I think we will see a Luka / Hardaway Jr. / DFS / MKG / Porzingis lineup after the all star break. That should be a pretty versatile lineup both defensively and offensively. MKG isn't some kind of savior but I think he can be a high level role player in the right system. I still would have cut Lee instead of Ryan but I'm not the one writing the checks.
Spaceship
AG
I think we're giving MKG too much credit. He's a good defender, average shooter and horrible 3 point shooter. I don't think he adds much other than situational defense.
PatAg
AG
cpawka said:

It's so hard to watch this team play basketball without Luka.
Do you have a bet going on with someone to see how terrible an opinion you can post?
PatAg
AG
jeffdjohnson said:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/10/26/18025298/michael-kidd-gilchrist-hornets-draymond-green

If this guy is healthy I think the Mavs are a good fit for his skillset. You basically put him in the Dwight Powell role as a screener/cutter with Luka and 3 other shooters. I think we will see a Luka / Hardaway Jr. / DFS / MKG / Porzingis lineup after the all star break. That should be a pretty versatile lineup both defensively and offensively. MKG isn't some kind of savior but I think he can be a high level role player in the right system. I still would have cut Lee instead of Ryan but I'm not the one writing the checks.
I dont think that's true at all, he's 3 inches shorter than Powell.
mavsfan4ever
AG
I really hope we don't play him much. Yea, he's shorter than Powell, but MKG also makes Powell look like a sharpshooter. If he's not playing the 4, I don't want MKG on the floor at all, unless it's just for a defensive possession at the end of a game. He would absolutely kill our spacing if we play him at the 2 or 3.
PooDoo
AG
He's a freak athlete and a big versatile defender. I can't wait to see what RC does with him... Remember what he did with a team of reclaimed cast-offs in 2011?
Texas Ag 15
AG
If KP can keep this up look out.
MW03
AG
It's like KP had to round into shape with Luka out. Now...
True Anomaly
AG
If you love schadenfreude...and I definitely do....check out the article in The Athletic about the dysfunctional Kings front office. I can't love it enough. It's the perfect thing to read after we torch them on our home flood
PatAg
AG
It seems clear that our home record is due to disbanding the Mavs Dancers.
NoahAg
MW03 said:

It's like KP had to round into shape with Luka out. Now...
Ironically, Luka's two ankle setbacks seemed to be big boosts for the team:

First time he was out gave his supporting cast a chance to step up and the rest of the team gelled.
Now with this last absence Kristaps manned way up and became the go to guy.
Iowaggie
AG
True Anomaly said:

If you love schadenfreude...and I definitely do....check out the article in The Athletic about the dysfunctional Kings front office. I can't love it enough. It's the perfect thing to read after we torch them on our home flood

Another story on the Kings and frustration in the office, specifically about the FO and Divac passing on Doncic, in spite of Joerger's preference for Luka over Bagley.

NBC sports

Anytime a fan is frustrated with the FO, they need to look over to the Kings, Knicks and Suns.
MW03
AG

Quote:

THAT'S A HORS--T CALL, MAN!

HEY LUKA! DO ME A FAVOR. GIVE HIM AN AUTOGRAPH AFTER THE GAME!

HE'S A FAN! HE'S A FAN OF YOURS!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.