***Official 2019-2020 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

186,762 Views | 2280 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by M.C. Swag
awrollins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They are very foul-happy tonight
PatAg
AG
refs put the magic in the bonus in the first 4 minutes. swallow their whistles the last 2 minutes for us
completely bogus
Danny Vermin
Wow, two offensive fouls , which were obvious, but still surprised they called them.
Danny Vermin
Free throws are killing us.
PatAg
AG
I'm no expert, but missing both FT's in that situation is probably not good.
gigem1223
Ain't always gonna be pretty but got the job done
TheMasterplan
Great last few minutes by the Mavs. Went cold the last two minutes but somehow pulled it off.

Keep racking up the Ws. KP needs to step it up.
hph6203
AG
He's having good games and bad. Tonight was not a good game. The brilliance of Luka kind of makes KP look bad by comparison, but I'm not disappointed with what KP has done so far.
Carlo4
AG
Been 18 months since KP played right? He will be fine come January.
Iowaggie
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Wow, two offensive fouls , which were obvious, but still surprised they called them.

I agree that they were the right call, but had that been a big shoe contract guy like LeBron or Steph, that's either a block or a non-call.
Grapesoda2525
Fire the free throw coach.
MW03
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Remember when they made 49 of 50 against the Spurs in 2003, or when Dirk set the NBA record in 2011 with 24 in a row in a single playoff game? Those were the days.
mavsfan4ever
AG
KP struggled but Isaac is a really good and athletic defender who should give KP struggles. That guy had Ana amazing defensive game last night. If he could learn how to do anything on offense, he'd get paid some big money.

Kinda ugly but at least we pulled out the win.
South Platte
Need these next 2 vs. NYK and MEM. Continue to beat the bad teams.
Grapesoda2525
MW03 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Remember when they made 49 of 50 against the Spurs in 2003, or when Dirk set the NBA record in 2011 with 24 in a row in a single playoff game? Those were the days.
We don't have to be golden state at the free throw line. Those guys never freaking miss, but we should at least be middle of the pack. I think there's no excuse for an nba player to be terrible at free throws. The only exception is the really big guys who barely shoot the ball similar to shaq or DJ.
True Anomaly
AG
That was the ugliest win ever. Worst part was turning it over 8 times in the first quarter alone
mavsfan4ever
AG
Guessing the Mavs try to feed KP alot tonight facing his old team and to cheer him up a little from the interview he gave earlier this week. I'm predicting that he goes for 30 tonight.
M.C. Swag
AG
Hoping for a blowout.

Mitchell Robinson is confirmed out and DSJ looks like he's inactive as well. Rumors circulating that RJ Barrett will also sit. Looking like a scheduled loss for NY (if they even had a chance to begin with).
COAg15
AG
That's too bad about DSJ. I really wanted him to check in and get some sort of applause. I have no ill-will towards him at all, and hope Mavs fans would show him love (more than he's getting in NY).
Phat32
AG
Headed to the game. Hoping to see a show from Luka & KP to sell the wife on the new Mavs.
M.C. Swag
AG
yukmonkey said:

Headed to the game. Hoping to see a show from Luka & KP to sell the wife on the new Mavs.
Just show her pictures of Maxi.
PatAg
AG
Skin brought up a good point. Because they didnt call the blocking foul originally, according to their own rules they should only be able to remove the charge
Phat32
AG
Mavs D sucks tonight
Ervin Burrell
AG
New York is unconscious from deep.
awrollins
Somebody needs to break the news to Hardaway that he isn't an above average 3 point shooter
Grapesoda2525
I think we were fooled into believing this team was good,

They have looked very terrible the last 2 games against some really bad competition. Good teams run opponents like these off the damn floor.
hph6203
AG
So you're saying you shouldn't judge a team by a small sample size?
awrollins
awrollins said:

Somebody needs to break the news to Hardaway that he isn't an above average 3 point shooter
Prove me wrong... Lol
FriscoKid
AG
awrollins said:

This aged well
dave94
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

They have looked very terrible the last 2 games against some really bad competition. Good teams run opponents like these off the damn floor.

They're definitely better than they played tonight. Too many bad possessions with Brunson running the floor. He's not ready, in my opinion, to have that many key minutes without other creators on the floor.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Went to a movie tonight so didn't see the game. What happened? If you had told me before the game that Luka and kp would combine for 66, I would've said we'd win by 20. Could no one else do anything at all?
mavsfan4ever
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Can't run teams off the flor all the time. I agree this was a terrible loss but it doesn't affect my outlook on the season after 8 games. I still think we will make playoffs and am hoping for a 4-6 seed.

Think you are overreacting a little. We should've beaten lakers and blazers, and did beat the nuggets. A terrible loss to the knicks doesn't mean we aren't suddenly terrible.
dave94
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Went to a movie tonight so didn't see the game. What happened? If you had told me before the game that Luka and kp would combine for 66, I would've said we'd win by 20. Could no one else do anything at all?

I was going to respond to your question based on watching the game in a bar on tv. I actually had thought the Knicks just shot lights out, and us taking waaaay too many 3's and not hitting.

But then I looked at the box score; we had the exact same number of field goals, including number of threes. We did take 44 threes to get our 14 though, lol.

Somehow, in the end it was them hitting 4 more free throws, even though they missed a ton. Just a weird box.

TheMasterplan
Disappointing loss with KP and Doncic going gangbusters but this tends to happen.

Lillard just went for 60 and still lost.

Good to see KP actually have a good game though.
Grapesoda2525
mavsfan4ever said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Can't run teams off the flor all the time. I agree this was a terrible loss but it doesn't affect my outlook on the season after 8 games. I still think we will make playoffs and am hoping for a 4-6 seed.

Think you are overreacting a little. We should've beaten lakers and blazers, and did beat the nuggets. A terrible loss to the knicks doesn't mean we aren't suddenly terrible.
Officials definitely handed the game to the lakers, but blazers was another bad game even without the unprecedented calls against us at the end. Even if the officials called it fair, we would've been up by 1 and Portland would've had the last shot to possibly win. Can't assume that game would be a win.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.