***Official 2019-2020 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

187,528 Views | 2280 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by M.C. Swag
hph6203
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It was 85-55, followed by 22-55.
94chem
hph6203 said:

It was 85-55, followed by 22-55.

I wasn't counting the whole game. We're both right, but Toronto started the game up 9-0, got outscored 85-46, then went 49-14, then finished 8-6 Dallas.
Grapesoda2525
I'm glad the mavs have a few days off.

Next game is Thursday after Christmas with the hated spurs at home.

Hopefully doncic is almost ready to return.
hph6203
AG
Tim Macmahon saying could be as early as the Spurs game.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/256564/Luka-Doncic-Could-Return-On-Thursday-Versus-Spurs
True Anomaly
AG
jtstanley4621
AG
Was watching the Lakers-Clippers game last night and they talked about Luka for a bit. I probably should have known this but I didn't realize he lead the NBA in triple doubles so far this season. Even more impressive when you consider the time he missed recently.
Phat32
AG
It's easy to lead in triple doubles when you get one very damn game.
hph6203
AG
Seems like he's right back to it.
notjakefromstatefarm
AG
Like the win especially against the spurs, but dang this team needs to learn to put teams away. Up 17 with 2 minutes left, then win by 4.
True Anomaly
AG
notjakefromstatefarm said:

Like the win especially against the spurs, but dang this team needs to learn to put teams away. Up 17 with 2 minutes left, then win by 4.
They went full-court press near the end of the game- similar to the Raptors. Rick needs to get these guys to figure that out
notjakefromstatefarm
AG
Yep agreed. The Mavs have a lot of strengths, but athleticism isn't one of them, which is needed to beat the press. Every team now has a blueprint to exploit.
MW03
AG
So here's the deal. I'm too old for this, but I'm 100% going to buy the Luka Jordans when they come out.

PatAg
AG

Yep agreed. The Mavs have a lot of strengths, but athleticism isn't one of them, which is needed to beat the press. Every team now has a blueprint to exploit.
you just need to practice beating it, you dont need "athleticism"
Grapesoda2525

It has become a very concerning trend.

The Milwaukee game was pretty much ruined by that crazy comeback the mavs let them pull off, even tho the Mavericks still won.

The Toronto game was an epic disaster.

The spurs game could've been one,

They need to stay focused longer before letting up.
Post removed:
by user
True Anomaly
AG
My buddy Skyler met Luka's mom while walking into the arena. He said she was very nice, and she apparently had said that she and Luka both really love it in Dallas and feel lucky to be here. He told her that no, WE were lucky to get a guy like Luka.

I'd like to think that he helped lay just a little ground work to get Luka to be a long-term guy here for us

kill0509
AG
This! We used DFS as a guy to flash but then he would try to dribble it. Guess what, they're going to give you the sideline when you dribble so that they can trap you and use the sideline as a 3rd defender! Also, don't get caught in the stupid corner!! If you dribble across halfcourt up the sideline, they want to trap you there even moreso than anywhere else on the court! We have been terrible at breaking the press. We used to love going against a press because it usually led to layups, but only if you don't turn the ball over.
MW03
AG
I bought a shirt from your boy
True Anomaly
AG
MW03 said:

I bought a shirt from your boy

he's such a talented dude
PatAg
AG
His designs are awesome.
Phat32
AG
True Anomaly said:

My buddy Skyler met Luka's mom while walking into the arena. He said she was very nice, and she apparently had said that she and Luka both really love it in Dallas and feel lucky to be here. He told her that no, WE were lucky to get a guy like Luka.

I'd like to think that he helped lay just a little ground work to get Luka to be a long-term guy here for us

Oh I'd like to lay more than groundwork with her.
mavsfan4ever
AG
MW03 said:

So here's the deal. I'm too old for this, but I'm 100% going to buy the Luka Jordans when they come out.

I need these.
Post removed:
by user
kill0509
AG
Totally understand!! Our HS guys from when I coached would grin when we told them to expect the press. We were not an athletic team but they learned early on that no one is as fast as a team moving the ball with smart passes. Amazing how a few quick layups/dunks in a row will get a team out of a press real quick.
PatAg
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

MW03 said:

I need these.
those are some chinese players signature shoes
Danny Vermin
So TMJ seems to finally be in the right place with the right teammates. If he keeps this up all season he may be the third wheel we need. At 27 he's in his prime.
PatAg
AG
time to put Boban or someone in to break that Warrior in half
True Anomaly
AG
Luka had his triple-double by 6:30
in the ****ing THIRD QUARTER
True Anomaly
AG
jtstanley4621
AG
True Anomaly said:

Why is it that any stat about Luka is becoming like... comedically historic? For some reason this just made me chuckle.
Grapesoda2525
True Anomaly said:

Please be a maverick for life.
kill0509
AG
For those that watched the game tonight, did the chippyness in the game happen from the get go or just once the Mavs never went away? Even with Russell going off in the first half, the Mavs just kept grinding and it sounded like they played some solid defense and Russell was just hitting crazy tough shots at times. I know Kristaps and Draymond got double technicals right before the half but I was having to listen to the game on the radio today so I couldn't see it all unfold throughout the game.
jtstanley4621
AG
It's always nice to see Green lose. Despite whatever **** they talked, Luka didn't even have to play in the 4th against them. A nice, comfortable win against an irrelevant team.
Seven Costanza
AG
I wonder what percentage of games this season that the Mavs have had at least a 20 point lead in at some point.
True Anomaly
AG
kill0509 said:

For those that watched the game tonight, did the chippyness in the game happen from the get go or just once the Mavs never went away? Even with Russell going off in the first half, the Mavs just kept grinding and it sounded like they played some solid defense and Russell was just hitting crazy tough shots at times. I know Kristaps and Draymond got double technicals right before the half but I was having to listen to the game on the radio today so I couldn't see it all unfold throughout the game.
Overall there wasn't much chippyness during the game. In fact when DeAngelo went down Luka was one of the first players over to him, along with Mavs trainer Casey Smith. The thing between Draymond and KP was kinda random. So when Chriss pushed Luka after they got tangled up, it also seemed really unwarranted based upon how the game had unfolded

Plus, Luka ain't gonna back down easily. As Jake Kemp put it:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.