***Official 2019-2020 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

189,797 Views | 2280 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by M.C. Swag
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is total bul****
mavsfan4ever
AG
**** this ***** Both technicals were complete horse *****
MW03
AG

Phat32
AG
Clippers can do whatever they want. **** this.
dallasiteinsa02
Horrible officials.
awrollins
I just counted three Mavs get mugged in the last 90 seconds of the quarter and no call
MW03
AG
The worst of the game might've been the no call on Bobans shot. And that's saying something. Meanwhile, I'm realizing what a little flipping punk Leonard is.
TempleAg97
AG
Love our fight but these refs won't allow the Mavs to win. Total BS.
mavsfan4ever
AG
This is ridiculous. Should have just brought in LA and LA to the bubble from the west. It's clear that's where the refs are taking us anyway.

They mug us every possession
Phat32
AG
Have to think no fans really helps Mavs in this situation. Fans would be going crazy.
Infection_Ag11
AG
It's honestly embarrassing for the Clippers that this is a game at this point.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gigem1223
Too much hero ball. Feed the damn ball to Luka
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I hate Marcus Morris.
PatAg
AG
Refs up 1-0-0 in this series
Phat32
AG
gigem1223 said:

Exactly what the hell do TH and Seth think they are doing
MW03
AG
Luka is gassed and still playing his balls off. It's impressive as hell.

Meanwhile, everyone in the western hemisphere knew George was going to step that back. Well almost everyone.
Danny Phantom
yukmonkey said:

gigem1223 said:

Exactly what the hell do TH and Seth think they are doing

Especially TH. He made one nice 3 in the 3rd then thinks he's Michael Jordan
MW03
AG
Another NBA record for Luka.
gigem1223
Hardaway and Curry have disappeared in the 2nd half. Both making bad decisions and missing shots. This game was winnable with KP
Phat32
AG
Have to think KP is good for 6-8 point difference right
Phat32
AG
**** you Marcus Morris and **** the refs
gigem1223
And Kleber can't buy a bucket tonight
M.C. Swag
AG
Mavs have nothing to be ashamed of. Just an absolute clownshow by the zebras. On to game 2.
Spaceship
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Mavs have nothing to be ashamed of. Just an absolute clownshow by the zebras. On to game 2.

This. Although when it's close like this against the Clippers, you gotta find a way to steal a win.
Saint Pablo
Why the hell is throwing your hand a technical foul?
Southlake
PK = 7' 3" of pure stupid.

rsf0626
Mavs fought there asses off despite losing KP. They would have won most likely with him on the court. Nothing to be ashamed of
PatAg
AG
Southlake said:

PK = 7' 3" of pure stupid.

This is so dumb, in so many ways.
alvtimes
ya'll *****ing and half of you already know the Clippers are protected by NBA. Gotta get those future tv matchups.
mavsfan4ever
AG
It was fun listening to the postgame on the ticket last night. All 3 guys were saying exactly what we were all feeling. Demaris said that it was a top 3 worst officiated Mavs game he's seen in 20 years (after the wade games) and said he wasn't trying to be hyperbolic. And then they brought on followill and he backed the refs over and over. It was so clear that he was just toeing the corporate line. I get that it's smart for him to do that for his job security, but why go onto a post game show if that's going to be your position on everything? And his condescending tone that he always has made it even worse.

It was fun to listen to the other guys try not to tear him to shreds bc you know they wanted to lol.
PatAg
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

It was fun listening to the postgame on the ticket last night. All 3 guys were saying exactly what we were all feeling. Demaris said that it was a top 3 worst officiated Mavs game he's seen in 20 years (after the wade games) and said he wasn't trying to be hyperbolic. And then they brought on followill and he backed the refs over and over. It was so clear that he was just toeing the corporate line. I get that it's smart for him to do that for his job security, but why go onto a post game show if that's going to be your position on everything? And his condescending tone that he always has made it even worse.

It was fun to listen to the other guys try not to tear him to shreds bc you know they wanted to lol.
I think you are reading into things, it's literally his job to be a professional.
M.C. Swag
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Followill is anything but condescending.
True Anomaly
AG
M.C. Swag said:

mavsfan4ever said:

Agreed. What Followill was doing was explaining what the rule is and how they (the commentators) have been told over the years how it's going to be called. Saying he's defending the refs is saying he agrees with the refs, and I don't think he does. Followill does an amazing job of staying as professional as possible, but if you read between the lines of how he words things he's just as frustrated at them. Case in point- even during the telecast Followill mentioned how both Dirk and LeBron were sharing their thoughts on the game- that's Mark telling you as professional as possible how he actually feels, because both Dirk and LeBron were directly calling out how bull**** all that was

[url=https://twitter.com/swish41/status/1295552412116123648?s=21][/url]
mavsfan4ever
AG
True Anomaly said:

M.C. Swag said:

mavsfan4ever said:

Agreed. What Followill was doing was explaining what the rule is and how they (the commentators) have been told over the years how it's going to be called. Saying he's defending the refs is saying he agrees with the refs, and I don't think he does. Followill does an amazing job of staying as professional as possible, but if you read between the lines of how he words things he's just as frustrated at them. Case in point- even during the telecast Followill mentioned how both Dirk and LeBron were sharing their thoughts on the game- that's Mark telling you as professional as possible how he actually feels, because both Dirk and LeBron were directly calling out how bull**** all that was

On the post game, Followill was agreeing with the refs. He said multiple times that both were the correct calls. I get how someone can have that opinion by going by the letter of the law, so it's not a big deal. The problem is that the refs never call actions like those techs with any consistency. Draymond could "punch the air" multiple times and never get called for it. Followill was acting like that it's just a black and white rule, but the way the refs choose to ignore it most of the time means it's not a black and white rule. The other guys had some good points.

I agree that he may actually disagree with the calls, but he's toeing the corporate line and so he says that he agrees with the calls. He even talked about how the rest of the game was officiated pretty fairly, which I disagree with. Again, I'd be doing the same thing if I was in Followill's position. I don't blame him. But he's clearly toeing the corporate line. But it made for good radio having guys on separate sides of the discussion.

I'm not a big Followill fan (just find him pretty vanilla and boring for a local commentator) and find him a little condescending when talking about basketball on the radio (not on TV). Jake and Demaris typically know more than he does when it comes to analytics, the draft, etc, and when they have him on their draft show or any other special show they make good points and Followill will disagree and make points that aren't correct. I don't think he's intending to be condescending, but that's how it sounds sometimes when he disagrees with someone.

But that's just like...my opinion, man.
M.C. Swag
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

True Anomaly said:

M.C. Swag said:

mavsfan4ever said:

I'm not a big Followill fan (just find him pretty vanilla and boring for a local commentator) and find him a little condescending when talking about basketball on the radio (not on TV). Jake and Demaris typically know more than he does when it comes to analytics, the draft, etc, and when they have him on their draft show or any other special show they make good points and Followill will disagree and make points that aren't correct. I don't think he's intending to be condescending, but that's how it sounds sometimes when he disagrees with someone.

But that's just like...my opinion, man.
Man that is such the opposite take of how I feel. I think he's the best local commentator in the metroplex. Different strokes i guess.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.