***Official 2019-2020 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

186,763 Views | 2280 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by M.C. Swag
TempleAg97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Amazing! Love this team!
TheMasterplan
Awesome win.

Maybe this Luka injury will spur some confidence for Zingis.
hph6203
AG
Is this a bit or is this really you?
mavsfan4ever
AG
Great win! Love watching curry play when he's aggressive. KP was great too and made some good passes out of double teams. The guys knew they'd have a lot more scoring opportunities with Luka out, so they were probably really excited for this game. Great game all around.
BallerStaf2003
AG
What an epic win last night. Just awesome to watch.
MW03
AG
KP looks like he's already lost all the muscle he put on during his rehab.

Here he is doing his best Drago impersonation during his rehab year.

https://instagr.am/p/B1JlZvEBGao

And here he is last night.

Granted, in the top pick he's all yoked up during his lift, but still. Crazy metabolism.
jtstanley4621
AG
That was a hell of a win last night. Really interested to see how this season unfolds. You don't beat Milwaukee on the road sans Luka without legit depth on your roster.
Ol Jock 99
AG
And it wasn't like GreekFreak had a bad night either. Middleton had a rough night, but that happens.
True Anomaly
AG
M.C. Swag said:

chris1515 said:

PooDoo said:

Y'all notice THJ and Brunson kinda using Luka's technique of almost boxing out one of the defenders when he's dribbling in the paint?

They aren't as successful but it looks like some of his game is rubbing off on them.

I think that move is called a hostage dribble. You get the defender in a position where he his helpless and you hold him hostage with the dribble...
Great call! Barea has been doing that for years!
Wow, today I learned
t - cam
AG
TheMasterplan said:

Awesome win.

Maybe this Luka injury will spur some confidence for Zingis.

The correct pronunciation is zinger.
awrollins
Well, Luka come back please
awrollins
This is close to the worst shooting I have seen from us this season, and we are only down by 4
gigem1223
This offense has no life. Why no JJ tonight?
Saint Pablo
Brunson had a rough night. This game was definitely winnable...just didn't feel like shots were falling.
Grapesoda2525
This team plays much worse at home for some reason.
Danny Vermin
Mavs looking good and the Philly boo birds are just getting warmed up for Sunday.
PatAg
AG
sucks that we let them close the gap
TheMasterplan
Obvious observations at the moment might be that Luka is holding back other teammates success. I always thought there might be a little bit of that due to some shot jacking from Luka from time to time.

Any thoughts? Obviously I love Luka but you can't help but wonder with performances like this against the bucks, Celtics, heat and 76ers.
hph6203
AG
They're far better with Luka than without and any negative impact on bit players isn't a concern. They have a role and that role reduces when th best player on the team is playing. The main concern is how to meld Porzingis and Luka.

If anything this should highlight to people the depth of this team and that the reason they succeed isn't exclusively Luka, but because our 6-10 guys are much better than most if not everyone's 6-10 guys.
PatAg
AG
TheMasterplan said:

Obvious observations at the moment might be that Luka is holding back other teammates success. I always thought there might be a little bit of that due to some shot jacking from Luka from time to time.

Any thoughts? Obviously I love Luka but you can't help but wonder with performances like this against the bucks, Celtics, heat and 76ers.
What was our record before he got hurt, were we playing well? Disagree with you that it even matters if its true
TheMasterplan
I consider that as well - only thinking about making the record even better with a healthy Luka.

Does anything change when Luka comes back?
TheMasterplan
Probably the accurate description.

If anything, if this is true, gives more reason to not play Luka as many minutes.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Beat Mil and Phil on the road without Luka? Freaking awesome. Damn near beat Boston as well. Being money on the road (I know it's way way early) is a good omen for this team's playoff run.
hph6203
AG
Hopefully Porzingis exerts some control over the game and realizes he's a better player than he's been with Luka.

We're gonna get to the end of this stretch and realize we should have swept the top of the East. That's the bummer, because with Luka we would and that's an immense confidence booster for a young team.

The Clippers are the only team that the Mavs would be any kind of substantial dog against in a 7 game series right now and not so much that they couldn't pull it off.
mavsfan4ever
AG
TheMasterplan said:

I posted the same thing on another forum when he went down. I think he has a little lebron in him to where he makes role players much better but somewhat hinders the better players/creators. For instance, lebron makes 3 and D guys great, but the production of the star players he has played with went down bc he is so ball dominant (wade, bosh, love, etc). So KP May be forced to take a back seat similar to bosh/love.

This isn't a knock on lebron or Luka, more an observation. Luka is amazing, and I don't want him taking a back seat to anyone. But I would like to find a way to get KP and others rolling while on the floor with Luka.
Grapesoda2525
hph6203 said:

Hopefully Porzingis exerts some control over the game and realizes he's a better player than he's been with Luka.

We're gonna get to the end of this stretch and realize we should have swept the top of the East. That's the bummer, because with Luka we would and that's an immense confidence booster for a young team.

The Clippers are the only team that the Mavs would be any kind of substantial dog against in a 7 game series right now and not so much that they couldn't pull it off.
Just need to hope we can avoid the clippers until the western finals. Mavs usually don't get good luck with playoff matchups tho.
True Anomaly
AG
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Grapesoda2525
Mavs got totally punked and de-pantsed. I don't think I've seen an NBA team lose a 30 point lead in the second half of a game.
NukeAg10
AG
Wtf happened? I saw they were up by 30 at one point, and then 23 to start the fourth and just saw they lost.
Grapesoda2525
NukeAg10 said:

Wtf happened? I saw they were up by 30 at one point, and then 23 to start the fourth and just saw they lost.
Choke choke choke

Raptors sent in some no name tall lanky dude who would come out of Timbuktu to block half of our shots and Kyle Lowry pulled his kemba walker impersonation and dominated the 4th quarter.

Mavericks still struggle to contain high end guards from scoring when it matters.
True Anomaly
AG
If only we had a point guard who looked and played and scored like a wing
Post removed:
by user
94chem
85-46 Dallas followed by 49-15 Toronto.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.