***Official 2019-2020 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

187,951 Views | 2280 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by M.C. Swag
M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seven Costanza said:

Ryen Russillo's podcast had a long discussion this week about the steep decline in ratings this season (>20% drop). Lots of theories as to why it has dropped so much in comparison to football (streaming, illegal streaming, player movement, "load management", unlikeable players, LeBron on the West Coast, Golden State being down, etc.)

I had no idea. Because of the Mavs' resurgence, this is the most regular season NBA I've watched in years.
I think i read somewhere that regionally viewership is up in alot of places, it's just the national games that are down.
PatAg
AG
All the bandwagon fans arent tuning in since Golden State is injured and sucks
PooDoo
AG
Love to see if Boban can slow down Drummond.
Danny Vermin
The Matrix said s**t on the broadcast.
PatAg
AG
I don't remember a Mavs team that could just separate out of nowhere in a game like this.
M.C. Swag
AG
Lol This Mavs team...when the pieces are clicking and Luka is on, they are horrifying. Most fun team in the NBA and a legit west contender.
PatAg
AG
https://streamable.com/ainde

https://streamable.com/0pjkt
True Anomaly
AG
mavsfan4ever
AG
Luka's marketing appeal had to go up even higher after everyone was able to see him speak fluent Spanish to the crowd before the game.
jtstanley4621
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Luka's marketing appeal had to go up even higher after everyone was able to see him speak fluent Spanish to the crowd before the game.
Oh for sure. The crowd's reaction to him was awesome. Also cracked me up seeing Blake Griffin get the mic after him and just go "Hola Mexico" without saying anything else.
M.C. Swag
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

mavsfan4ever said:

Oh for sure. The crowd's reaction to him was awesome. Also cracked me up seeing Blake Griffin get the mic after him and just go "Hola Mexico" without saying anything else.
lol he didn't stop there. He went on to say essentially the same thing that Luka did but in English.
94chem
PatAg said:

I don't remember a Mavs team that could just separate out of nowhere in a game like this.

Nash/vanexell could go off in a heartbeat.
chris1515
AG
Doesn't Porzingis also speak fluent Spanish?

hph6203
AG
JJ does too.
dave94
AG
chris1515 said:

Doesn't Porzingis also speak fluent Spanish?

Seven Costanza
AG
Luka appears much more comfortable and articulate in Spanish than English (with good reason since he lived in Spain from ages 13-18). His English has improved quite a bit since last year, though.

KP is damn near a native English speaker at this point. Pretty impressive since he hasn't been here that long and they don't really speak English in Latvia.
hph6203
AG
Fuuuuuuuuuu Luka hurt.
notjakefromstatefarm
AG
The way Miami is shooting I think they would've blown us out anyway but dang Luka being hurt is a buzzkill. Time for KP to be an alpha.
Seven Costanza
AG
Barea is perfect to have around for games that just aren't going well. When he's on, he brings a palpable spark.
chris1515
AG
2nd half of this Miami game is awesome!
Infection_Ag11
AG
No way that's a charge
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
awrollins
Incredible effort. That is the heart of an exceptional team! Buckle up for the next few games without Luke, because they are going to be fights
M.C. Swag
AG
Luka is amazing but this team has some fight. Still think we can weather this storm. We got the best coach in the league with a roster full of hungry guys. LETS GO.
Grapesoda2525
I'm sick of the refs always giving this team the short end of the stick at the end of big games that are close.

What's up with that *****

Doncic was fouled against Sacramento

Brunson was fouled tonight

I've never seen the call that benefitted Portland.

The refs totally give that game to LA lakers too.

4 losses where the refs are a big storyline or part of it.
TMACsDaMan
I hope Luka has the same ankle healing powers that Dirk had! Dirk would have that kind of ankle sprain and return three days later!
M.C. Swag
AG
holy **** this team just blasted the bucks in the first quarter. i know it's not likely to last, but just seeing this fight is so damn fun.
awrollins
Does anyone else feel like it takes Giannis an hour to shoot free throws?
M.C. Swag
AG
lol yea he dribbles the **** out of the ball. I think i counted 10 dribbles one time haha.
PooDoo
AG
Y'all notice THJ and Brunson kinda using Luka's technique of almost boxing out one of the defenders when he's dribbling in the paint?

They aren't as successful but it looks like some of his game is rubbing off on them.
awrollins
You can't be mad a shot that goes in, let alone two.
chris1515
AG
I've loved watching this team without Luka against Miami in the second half and against the Bucks tonight.

It drives home the fact that they have so many guys that can just flat out play. They might not be superstars, but they are smart, can shoot, and are fundamentally sound.
chris1515
AG
PooDoo said:

Y'all notice THJ and Brunson kinda using Luka's technique of almost boxing out one of the defenders when he's dribbling in the paint?

They aren't as successful but it looks like some of his game is rubbing off on them.

I think that move is called a hostage dribble. You get the defender in a position where he his helpless and you hold him hostage with the dribble...
M.C. Swag
AG
chris1515 said:

PooDoo said:

I think that move is called a hostage dribble. You get the defender in a position where he his helpless and you hold him hostage with the dribble...
Great call! Barea has been doing that for years!
Grapesoda2525
This last minute is total bull*****

I've never seen anything like this before.
kill0509
AG
Big time win!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.