***Official 2019-2020 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

189,807 Views | 2280 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by M.C. Swag
mavsfan4ever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's the challenge rule? Were we not able to challenge the foul on Howard on the last play of the game? I'm guessing you have to have a timeout to challenge?
MW03
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Yea I agree. We shot poorly, lebron played well, refs were pretty poor, etc. and we were still in position to win at the end. It's a good sign.
Phat32
AG
You don't foul LeBron there.

You go 5 on 3 with the perimeter shooters, leaving Bron an open dunk and Dwight Howard a worse 3 point chance than me taking it.
fightinags2013
AG
fightinags2013
AG
I get it's a small sample size.. but we need more Curry/Delon Wright and less THJ
COAg15
AG
I don't think the rules let you challenge a non-call, regardless of timeout availability
COAg15
AG
Game was so painful. Felt like we outplayed them but some bad no calls, missed FT's, and missed defense assignments blew this game for us. Was great to see Doncic go off, but hate that he was so off after the head collision. KP played awful in the 2nd half.
Grapesoda2525
The next few games should be easy.

Big drop off in quality of opponent.
mavsfan4ever
AG
[url] https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/1190489359260291072?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1190489359260291072&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforumserver.twoplustwo.com%2F46%2Fsporting-events%2Fnba-season-thread-2019-2020-a-1754924%2Findex17.html [/url]

Not sure how to post tweets. But Carlisle is saying that the plan was to foul and that the players just didn't do it. Weird.
PatAg
AG
So you and some dimwits think Rick is a bad coach, but every person with actual experience and qualifications think he is a master at his craft. Hmmm
True Anomaly
AG
Dp
Grapesoda2525
PatAg said:

So you and some dimwits think Rick is a bad coach, but every person with actual experience and qualifications think he is a master at his craft. Hmmm
Carlisle isn't the problem.

The problem is little Donnie and Cuban taking 5+ years to actually build a roster and compete. They kept trying to be lazy and bring in a superstar via free agency to do their jobs for them. It never worked out.
Danny Vermin
I'm still pissed off about last night. Nothing worse than getting hosed by officials
Grapesoda2525
Danny Vermin said:

I'm still pissed off about last night. Nothing worse than getting hosed by officials
Happened twice in 5 games and both times at home. Cuban and this franchise get literally zero respect.
Seven Costanza
AG
4 games this week against bad teams. Winning 3 would be nice.
PatAg
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

PatAg said:

The problem is little Donnie and Cuban taking 5+ years to actually build a roster and compete. They kept trying to be lazy and bring in a superstar via free agency to do their jobs for them. It never worked out.
That's basically how the NBA works for a decade or so though.
Iowaggie
AG
Danny Vermin said:

A lot of teams playing the Lakers are going to feel that way this year.
Grapesoda2525
PatAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

PatAg said:

That's basically how the NBA works for a decade or so though.
We've also known forever that you usually have to be LA, New York, Chicago, or Miami to get a big name free agent who everyone wants.
TheMasterplan
Boban and KP on the same floor is unfair.
Seven Costanza
AG
Luka is putting up MVP numbers right now.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea he's got a real chance at mvp this year. Doubt he gets it bc voters probably won't want to give it to a 20 year old. But if he keeps putting up these numbers he will be hard to ignore.
M.C. Swag
AG
Great win.

And Dwight got a new fan lol:
South Platte
Is this a safe place to make fun of the Rockets? Two franchises headed in opposite directions.
jeffdjohnson
South Platte said:

Is this a safe place to make fun of the Rockets? Two franchises headed in opposite directions.

I wouldn't count them out, they can still be dangerous in the playoffs. Last year they started terribly and then Harden turned into an inferno and pulled them out of it. However I do think that a team like Houston (which has played deep into the playoffs for years and was so close to taking down the Warriors / getting a ring) won't be as interested in the regular season versus a team like the Mavericks. Almost everyone on the Mavericks has something to prove, especially the two best players Luka/KP. That just isn't the case for the Rockets who would like to push a button and fast forward to the post season.

That could turn out to be a little riskier for Houston this season. Unlike prior years, nobody in the West is outright tanking and there are a lot of young, frisky teams who want to make a name for themselves. It is an interesting dynamic and another reason why this is probably the best NBA regular season for a while. I've barely wanted to follow the NBA ever since Durant went to GS. Either way Houston had better figure it out sooner than later. Harden is 30 and Westbrook is about to be 31. Time flies.
Grapesoda2525
jeffdjohnson said:

South Platte said:

I wouldn't count them out, they can still be dangerous in the playoffs. Last year they started terribly and then Harden turned into an inferno and pulled them out of it. However I do think that a team like Houston (which has played deep into the playoffs for years and was so close to taking down the Warriors / getting a ring) won't be as interested in the regular season versus a team like the Mavericks. Almost everyone on the Mavericks has something to prove, especially the two best players Luka/KP. That just isn't the case for the Rockets who would like to push a button and fast forward to the post season.

That could turn out to be a little riskier for Houston this season. Unlike prior years, nobody in the West is outright tanking and there are a lot of young, frisky teams who want to make a name for themselves. It is an interesting dynamic and another reason why this is probably the best NBA regular season for a while. I've barely wanted to follow the NBA ever since Durant went to GS. Either way Houston had better figure it out sooner than later. Harden is 30 and Westbrook is about to be 31. Time flies.
You're right for the most part.

I think memphis actually is tanking tho. Those games should be easier then usual for the mavs.

The NBA is definitely more fun to watch now that the Golden State super team is broken up. I hope the league doesn't rig the lottery for them tho because they might be in it.
hph6203
AG
Saw her doing that live, but I'm pretty sure it was later in the game. Must've been locking her eyes on him every time he got up to play.
South Platte
jeffdjohnson said:

South Platte said:

Give them a little credit . . . they have made plays late in the game to win. Otherwise they are sitting at 0-6.

4 more years of Westbrook and Harden making $80M-$90M. This has absolutely no chance of working out for them.
Post removed:
by user
PooDoo
AG
Looks fine on FoxSportsGo.

Rick needs to remind the Mavs the game started at 7:30.
PooDoo
AG
Jackson just might be that 3&D sg/sf we've been needing.
M.C. Swag
AG
No issues for me.
awrollins
Crazy how we can sleepwalk through the first half of an NBA game and only be down by two
M.C. Swag
AG
orlando is really bad. it's a miracle it's this close.
gigem1223
KP has been terrible tonight
gigem1223
Mavs basketball gonna be so much fun for the next decade with Luka at the helm. Thank you Atlanta Hawks

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.