***Official 2019-2020 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

189,796 Views | 2280 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by M.C. Swag
fightinags2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This game... whew. KP is important, but this is embarrassing.

Prediction- Luka comes out firing and has a 20 pt 3rd Q
MW03
AG
Luka showing his youth a bit tonight. Needs to reign in that emotion a little and shake it off.
Phat32
AG
Nm
PatAg
AG
the refs in the NBA are pathetic, the cowering in fear and letting LeBron just ****ing call whatever he wants is ridiculous to witness
Phat32
AG
Lakers are some smug mother****ers for having 6 straight losing seasons.
MW03
AG
Lakers fans are the worst. Refs calling James' games are the worst. We need KP badly. Played a third of the season without KP and/or Luka at this point. What a miserable game.
Grapesoda2525
At least the 76ers won't have embiid.

Might not matter tho.
mavsfan4ever
AG
KP is the real MVP.

Our defense is beyond awful without him and even if he's not shooting well he helps our offense. We need him back ASAP. He's like our new version of Tyson chandler who is also good at offense.
mavsfan4ever
AG
I knew our offense bogged down at the end of close games but one stat I heard on Bad radio really puts it into perspective and is kinda concerning.

Everyone knows we are top in the league in offense with 115 points per 100 possessions. That's all time great level of efficiency. But in clutch time (last 5 mins when game is within 5 points) and super clutch time (last 3 minutes when game is within 3 points), we are 28th in the league in offensive efficiency.

So we go from a historically all time great offensive team to 28th in the league.
PatAg
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

I knew our offense bogged down at the end of close games but one stat I heard on Bad radio really puts it into perspective and is kinda concerning.

Everyone knows we are top in the league in offense with 115 points per 100 possessions. That's all time great level of efficiency. But in clutch time (last 5 mins when game is within 5 points) and super clutch time (last 3 minutes when game is within 3 points), we are 28th in the league in offensive efficiency.

So we go from a historically all time great offensive team to 28th in the league.
Our young superstar is still figuring it out, and the coach is figuring out the balance. Would be nice to get healthy again
wealeat09
AG
He's actually done it before. Right after the game was over.
True Anomaly
AG
Carlisle getting ejected last night was long overdue, and it was nice to see some fire from him like that during the game. The egregiousness of the refs actually listening to Lebron to review a play that wasn't supposed to be reviewed- since the ****ING BALL WAS ALREADY INBOUNDED AND IN PLAY- needed to be highlighted.
TheMasterplan
BOBAN FOR THREE!!!!

Much needed win to get the mavs back on track.
dave94
AG
Nice easy win tonight and great rest for all the starters! On to Sacramento tomorrow.
chris1515
AG
TheMasterplan said:

BOBAN FOR THREE!!!!

Much needed win to get the mavs back on track.

I was at the game against Denver last week, and Boban came out to warm up towards the end of halftime and stood at the top of the key and drained 5-6 three pointers in a row before finally missing one.
Texas Ag 15
AG
KP is scheduled to come back tonight against the Kings. Let's hope there's not a ton of rust from him sitting for a bit. Need his defense in a bad way
Ol Jock 99
AG
Luka has only played 27 min.
Luka is 0-5 from 3.
Luka still has a triple double with 6 left to play.
dave94
AG
Man, that big lead disappeared quickly. Still, got the win and gained ground on the Rockets!
True Anomaly
AG
Best part is doing it on the road against the Kings and Vlade, with Bagley actually being able to play

awinlonghorn
KP missing his 11th game this season, 10 in a row.

Hope he is not done for the season...being out this long is not a load management/pre caution issue, I wonder if he already had some kind of minor surgery.

Do yall like the chemistry of this team or do we trade C.Lee and some one else for depth at PF?
Post removed:
by user
notjakefromstatefarm
AG
There are only two things I can count on in this world: taxes and the Mavs blowing a big lead in the 4th quarter.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Wow

That's horse****, especially given the ball immediately went out off Whiteside
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ol Jock 99
AG
notjakefromstatefarm said:

There are only two things I can count on in this world: taxes and the Mavs blowing a big lead in the 4th quarter.
They're getting better at it. De-fence.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Luka is a stone cold killer

Damn
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
EastSideAg2002
MyNameIsKyle said:

I wont be surprised to hear an announcement shortly that KP is out until at least post All Star. Definitely a highly concerning development that reminds me of progressions leading to micro fracture surgery.

That said, what's going on is still unknown, right?
So I am not the only one thinking that then.
True Anomaly
AG
This more than makes up for losing to the Blazers earlier this season at home

Seven Costanza
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

MyNameIsKyle said:

I wont be surprised to hear an announcement shortly that KP is out until at least post All Star. Definitely a highly concerning development that reminds me of progressions leading to micro fracture surgery.

That said, what's going on is still unknown, right?
So I am not the only one thinking that then.

It's way too early to make this call, but it reminds me of this is baseball:

Spring Training 2019: Pitcher X has been shut down for six week due to elbow soreness in his throwing arm.

April: still out with soreness in throwing arm

May: still out

"Okay. I'm pretty sure he's going to need Tommy John surgery."

June: threw from flat ground today and experienced pain.

July: out with soreness

August: shut down for remainder of season

September: Pitcher X will have Tommy John surgery and miss the entire 2020 season

"They could have just done this in May and been back by next season! We all knew where this was headed!"
True Anomaly
AG
I'm telling ya, it's this Seth Curry **** all over again. Running that BS about a "stress reaction" when they wouldn't say he actually broke his leg
EastSideAg2002
True Anomaly said:

I'm telling ya, it's this Seth Curry **** all over again. Running that BS about a "stress reaction" when they wouldn't say he actually broke his leg
It does remind a bit like that but did Curry ever almost suit up for a game after that diagnosis?
True Anomaly
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

True Anomaly said:

It does remind a bit like that but did Curry ever almost suit up for a game after that diagnosis?
Nope, can't remember a single time that season he was even close to playing
M.C. Swag
AG
Mavs currently in the 5th seed.

2.5 games out of the 2 seed. If we can hold onto until KP gets right, it's not crazy to think we can squeeze homecourt for the playoffs!
Iowaggie
AG
True Anomaly said:

It could be worse than that. Missing a year isn't as bad as a cycle of ..."Healthy", soreness, rest, play, soreness, injury, questionable, soreness....shut down for rest of season. Repeat for remainder of contract.

Imagine that the Chandler Parsons bullet dodged in 2016 bounced back as a Porzingis bomb.
jeffdjohnson

I guess we will see tomorrow if he actually plays. Reading between the lines I wouldn't automatically assume that this is a Parsons/Curry injury type situation. I imagine they would have already done tests to diagnose a cartilage/tendon injury. If something came back negative then I don't think they would be able to hide it. He would have to be shut down. And they wouldn't have him out there practicing trying to get ready for a game tomorrow.

I think they are concerned that he is presently compromised and thus more prone to injury. Sort of how KD tried to play through a compromised Achilles tendon and then it exploded. There is no need for the Mavs to push it considering they are past the mid-season point and effectively playoff locks. Based on the Mavs behavior I wouldn't assume the worst. However I don't see Porzingis as a guy who will ever play more than 60+ games per year for the Mavs. This was always the concern with him. They will get their money worth if he is healthy for the playoffs and that is probably how they are viewing this.
EastSideAg2002
jeffdjohnson said:

I guess we will see tomorrow if he actually plays. Reading between the lines I wouldn't automatically assume that this is a Parsons/Curry injury type situation. I imagine they would have already done tests to diagnose a cartilage/tendon injury. If something came back negative then I don't think they would be able to hide it. He would have to be shut down. And they wouldn't have him out there practicing trying to get ready for a game tomorrow.

I think they are concerned that he is presently compromised and thus more prone to injury. Sort of how KD tried to play through a compromised Achilles tendon and then it exploded. There is no need for the Mavs to push it considering they are past the mid-season point and effectively playoff locks. Based on the Mavs behavior I wouldn't assume the worst. However I don't see Porzingis as a guy who will ever play more than 60+ games per year for the Mavs. This was always the concern with him. They will get their money worth if he is healthy for the playoffs and that is probably how they are viewing this.
I thought I read somewhere today that it some type of MCL injury.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.