***Official 2019-2020 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

190,038 Views | 2280 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by M.C. Swag
hph6203
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was THJ just limited on minutes coming off injury? Didn't get to watch.
jtstanley4621
AG
Saw on the broadcast that Luka is already second in team history in triple doubles behind Jason Kidd. Kidd had 21 triple doubles, Luka already has 19.

At this point the historic comparisons for him are just sorta making me laugh. Pretty much every game it feels like he does something historic.
Seven Costanza
AG
The pace of the game has increased quite a bit over the past few years. From 1994-2005, the average possessions per 48 minutes was in the 90-93 range. It's now over 100. The turnover percentage has gone down and the shooting percentages have gone up (more dramatically when you look at effective FG% that factors in the value of 3's). More possessions means more points, assists, and rebounds. It can make it tough to accurately compare eras.

The craziest is the 1960-1961 season. The pace was 125 possessions per game and the shooting was generally atrocious (Wilt was the only player in the league to shoot over 50%). With the pace and terrible shooting, you had guys like Wilt averaging 27 rbg, Russell at 24 rbg, and Petit at 20 rbg.
M.C. Swag
AG
Rough stretch of games coming up.

Den
LA Lakers
Philly

Good news is that all are at home. Hoping for a 2-1 stretch.
awrollins
M.C. Swag said:

Den
LA Lakers
Philly

Feels like we play the Lakers every other week
Dallasag02
AG
At least they catch LA without AD this weekend, per reports this morning.
Grapesoda2525
M.C. Swag said:

Den
LA Lakers
Philly

The mavs look like they might benefit from some injury luck.

Anthony Davis had a hard fall and should probably miss the game friday. Joel embiid suffered what is probably a finger fracture.

I don't feel bad in hoping both of those guys don't play. We've had to play the last 6 without porzingis.
CrottyKid
AG
How do you not double Jokic there?
M.C. Swag
AG
That was rough. I can't believe they didn't even put Maxi in.

And in general I can't believe rick didn't try to mix it up with Boban. Felt like they had 100 pts in the paint.
True Anomaly
AG
So mad at this whole ****ing game

And someone PLEASE explain to me what the **** "knee soreness" is in non-sportsworld terms???? That's the most vague "we're not telling you more" sports diagnosis ever. Just as bad as Seth Curry's "stress reaction" 2 years ago that they didn't want to admit was actually a fracture.

Southlake
Blame that one on the Coach. Joker was killing us and Rick never did anything to stop him especially in the second half. Even at the end of the game we all knew who was getting the ball for Denver and no adjustment was made.

Seems RC is losing his touch at the end of games this year.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Wtf???? Everyone knew what was going to happen as soon as we saw that Dorian was guarding joker on the last possession. Why would you even think about letting Dorian guard him? At least put maxi on him so you have a chance.

And if you are going to be dumb and put Dorian on him, then you have to double. What did Rick expect to happen there?

We really needed that game. We are losing ground fast and have tough games coming up.

Hurry back KP.
Grapesoda2525
This team has too many flaws still.

The free throw shooting is garbage. They can't make shots at home. Leads evaporate quicker than any team I've ever seen.

fightinags2013
AG
Man. Jokic is such a uniquely skilled player. When he's knocking down 3s like he did in the 3rd, he is virtually impossible to guard. And he is such a good passer, that if you double team, he can whip a skip pass weak side. Really impressive game from him.
hph6203
AG
Did you somehow convince yourself that this team was ready to compete for a championship? Of course it's flawed, they're playing with 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 starters for the entire season, and they've played without KP or Luka for 1/4 of the season so far.
Danny Vermin
I've calmed down some but this game was all on Carisle. Absolutley no reason why boban was not in there the last possession. At least try some resistance as joker abused the entire team all night.
M.C. Swag
AG
M.C. Swag
AG
M.C. Swag said:

ramblin_ag02
AG
In case anyone is wondering, PRP is protein-rich plasma. The idea is that joints, ligaments and tendons have really poor blood supply, and the better the blood supply the faster you heal. So injuries to those things heal slower than parts of the body with better blood supply. This injection just gets the important parts of blood directly to the injury so it can heal faster. Very simple, common, and low risk procedure done on athletes or anyone else on a short timetable
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PooDoo
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

In case anyone is wondering, PRP is protein-rich plasma. The idea is that joints, ligaments and tendons have really poor blood supply, and the better the blood supply the faster you heal. So injuries to those things heal slower than parts of the body with better blood supply. This injection just gets the important parts of blood directly to the injury so it can heal faster. Very simple, common, and low risk procedure done on athletes or anyone else on a short timetable
Pretty sure it's Platelet Rich Plasma.

They pull a big tube of your blood and spin it down to PRP and inject it back into the injured area. Same type stuff they use to re-grow hair.

Kind of like a worse version of stem-cell treatments.
ramblin_ag02
AG
You're right. Brain skipped a beat
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Phat32
AG
Can't wait to see all of the LeBrons out tonight
True Anomaly
AG
yukmonkey said:

Worst part about LeBron going to the Lakers is the insufferable frontrunner fans have increased exponentially
Grapesoda2525
yukmonkey said:

Hopefully all of the local AD fans take the night off since Davis probably won't play.
True Anomaly
AG
Grapesoda2525
True Anomaly said:

Good news.

Just feels like the mavs need a win badly and getting one from the lakers would be sweet. It would help erase some of the bad mojo from these crappy games lately without porzingis.
CrottyKid
AG
Lakers gonna score 200?
I am going to go back to not caring about the Mavs. They were on the way up until I started caring again.
Ervin Burrell
AG
80 in the half is a very real possibility for LA.
Phat32
AG
The worst part of the NBA is the star treatment by refs. Luka just got manhandled on a possession with no foul call. LeBron gets a super weak call on the other end.

"Oh but he's got to earn it."

**** that. A foul is a foul.
Phat32
AG
CrottyKid said:

Lakers gonna score 200?
I am going to go back to not caring about the Mavs. They were on the way up until I started caring again.

It's a 12 pt deficit. Grow a pair.
hph6203
AG
CrottyKid said:

Lakers gonna score 200?

Well..... bye.
Phat32
AG
Luka just ripped his jersey out of frustration. Don't think I've ever seen that.
Grapesoda2525
Mavs getting prison raped with no lube or courtesy spit.

Painful.
PatAg
AG
If you guys think some of us on this thread are stupid, don't go to the Mavs subreddit.
PatAg
AG
CrottyKid said:

Lakers gonna score 200?
please feel free to go away

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.