***Official 2019-2020 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

192,440 Views | 2280 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by M.C. Swag
chris1515
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WCS strikes me as someone that can finish a few Luka lobs every game and definitely benefit from playing on a better team where his role should be very limited.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Very happy with the deal. No long term damage if it doesn't work out and we didn't have to give up a contributor and mess with team chemistry.
MW03
AG
It's a no brainier deal. Gave up a bad pick for a guy making under 3MM. If he doesn't work, you cut him with no harm done. Love it. All upside, no downside really.
M.C. Swag
AG
MW03 said:

It's a no brainier deal. Gave up a bad pick for a guy making under 3MM. If he doesn't work, you cut him with no harm done. Love it. All upside, no downside really.

Exactly. And if he's a problem, you're back where you were and you can sign Noah/Faried/any of those other band aid bums. No harm, no foul.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Really good article in the athletic about how luka is the greatest 20 year old nba player ever by a mile. Jordan didn't enter league until 21, Kobe wasn't that good at 20, only comparable player is Lebron. Luka shatters 20 year old Lebron statistically.

The site is a pay site so I won't post the link but here's the key analytics they came up with:

Grapesoda2525
Weird ass time for a game today.

Freaking mormons.
Seven Costanza
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Weird ass time for a game today.

Freaking mormons.
It doesn't have anything to do with them. The NBA plays one afternoon game on Saturday and Sunday each week in order to have a "primetime" game in the European markets.
Danny Vermin
Maybe WCS will get on board pretty quickly as he already put MFFL on a tweet.
True Anomaly
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Followill said Monday at the earliest, but most likely Tuesday is when he'll play
DannyDuberstein
AG
Really like this move. No brainer
Grapesoda2525
Very frustrating game today.

If kleber could've made just one of those wide open 3's and the team didn't shoot 50% on free throws it might've still been a win.
True Anomaly
AG
Kobe's last game against the Mavs- Nov 13, 2015

True Anomaly
AG

I realize this isn't THAT hard to do, but pretty cool that Luka wore Kobe Bryant shoes even though he's signed to Jumpman, AND wrote tributes to the other passengers in the crash

Danny Vermin
He's just a fantastic kid who we can be really proud of on and off the court.
TDub
AG
True Anomaly said:

I realize this isn't THAT hard to do, but pretty cool that Luka wore Kobe Bryant shoes even though he's signed to Jumpman, AND wrote tributes to the other passengers in the crash

Kobe was his idol. You could see how hard it hit him when the Thunder were taking the 24 second violation
PatAg
AG
I think LeBron is his idol over Kobe from what he has said in the past.
t - cam
AG
PatAg said:

Yep, hardly worth pointing out but he's been really clear that he idolized LeBron.

Grapesoda2525
PatAg said:

Mavericks should be extremely happy that Lebron is too old for luka to team up with. Definitely should make it easier to keep him.
Post removed:
by user
Phat32
AG
If this isn't the end of a travel back to back I don't know what is
Grapesoda2525
Haven't seen the mavs dominated like this in a long time.
cpawka
Porzingis is a ****ing bust as far as I'm concerned. I'm sick and tired of him shooting contested fade away jumpers when he has guards on him. Shoots way too many three pointers and gets bullied on the block.
hph6203
AG
Well, you're wrong.
TDub
AG
cpawka said:

Porzingis is a ****ing bust as far as I'm concerned. I'm sick and tired of him shooting contested fade away jumpers when he has guards on him. Shoots way too many three pointers and gets bullied on the block.

Dude he hasn't played in a year and a half. Calm down
mavsfan4ever
AG
He's been a huge help to the team even when shooting poorly. Watch us with him in the lineup and then watch us without him. It's huge. In fact we seemed to play better without Luka than we did without KP.
Iowaggie
AG
Danny Vermin said:

I could see WCS eventually finding his way to the Rick Carlisle doghouse. I don't think he's seen as much more than depth and was a needed cheap acquisition that will disappoint Carlisle.
M.C. Swag
AG
Iowaggie said:

Danny Vermin said:

I could see WCS eventually finding his way to the Rick Carlisle doghouse. I don't think he's seen as much more than depth and was a needed cheap acquisition that will disappoint Carlisle.
kewl
M.C. Swag
AG

Same ankle he twisted a month ago against Miami.
cpawka
Porzingis has 7 inches on the tallest person on the floor for the rockets & refuses to attack the rim. It's just mind boggling
M.C. Swag
AG
Really missing Luka tonight. All these sloppy turnovers are automatic points for Houston.
Phat32
AG
I'm totally fine with this loss. Luka is out and you lose by a couple on the road. KP with 35 is nice.
t - cam
AG
cpawka said:

Porzingis has 7 inches on the tallest person on the floor for the rockets & refuses to attack the rim. It's just mind boggling

Do you still feel this way? He was fantastic tonight.

hph6203
AG
He's a bust.
t - cam
AG
hph6203 said:

He's a bust.

Haha.
He'll figure out how to blend with Luka and the sky will be the limit. Can't wait.

PatAg
AG
hph6203 said:

He's a bust.
This is such a hilarious opinion, I hope we all remember you think this in the coming years.
This will now be transferred to cpawka

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.