***Official 2019-2020 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

204,416 Views | 2280 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by M.C. Swag
Dallasag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Luka and KP still sitting with 6:00 left in the 4th is so frustrating. I know Rick has his sub patterns, but leaving your 2 superstars on the bench for over half the last quarter while the clippers have their starters in is dumb. The bench guys did all they could to cut it to 14 with 8 minutes left and he left them out there to piss it away.

He basically gave up at the end of the 3rd tonight.
Post removed:
by user
Grapesoda2525
The overall body of work is pretty good so far.

0-2 against LA teams and 0-2 against New York. Gotta beat the lakers and clippers once before the basketball talking heads will ever take us seriously again.
PatAg
AG
Dallasag02 said:

Luka and KP still sitting with 6:00 left in the 4th is so frustrating. I know Rick has his sub patterns, but leaving your 2 superstars on the bench for over half the last quarter while the clippers have their starters in is dumb. The bench guys did all they could to cut it to 14 with 8 minutes left and he left them out there to piss it away.

you're crazy if you thought we were coming back in that game
Post removed:
by user
mavsfan4ever
AG
Dallasag02 said:

I know it wouldn't have mattered last night, but he basically does this every game. He did put Luka in a little earlier in one of the last couple games (maybe Houston), so I was hoping that he had stopped waiting so long. I've never seen any teams sit their best player or best 2 players for half of the 4th. Hopefully the timing of the rotations changes later in the year.

I agree that Clippers are the worst matchup for us (they are for a lot of teams). Hopefully we manage to stay away from them in the playoffs.
Dallasag02
AG
PatAg said:

Dallasag02 said:

I didnt think it was likely, but down 14 with 8 to go isn't impossible.
Saint Pablo
Hopefully last night's loss ensured we will never wear those repulsive jerseys ever again.
Dallasag02
AG
I think I saw we're supposed to wear them 22 times this year.
Saint Pablo
Dallasag02 said:

I think I saw we're supposed to wear them 22 times this year.
Good god you cannot be serious.
mavsfan4ever
AG
I actually liked the color scheme and kinda liked the tops on their own. But it was really weird how the tops and shorts went together. Something about the bottom of the tops and the shorts being the same color.

I liked the court.
hph6203
AG
Those new uniforms are so fetch, y'all have absolutely no fashion sense.
PatAg
AG
Dallasag02 said:

PatAg said:

Dallasag02 said:

I didnt think it was likely, but down 14 with 8 to go isn't impossible.
I get you're main point though. I'm not sure I really get the playing time strategy with Luka. He basically plays the whole 1st and whole 3rd. They must have some statistics to back it up.
PatAg
AG
Ill see if I can find the article, but it's not even an ode to Deep Ellum. There are some distinct styles and themes to the more prominent graffiti out there.
It's more like "I've heard there is graffiti in deep ellum. Johnny, google image search graffiti." Then they used a generic font from the late 90s.

PatAg
AG
Phoenix really trying to ugly this game up, and refs are falling for it and allowing it
Danny Vermin
Hardaway is really shooting well. Hope he can keep this up.
PatAg
AG
Baynes is such a ****ing thug, all game. Cheap shot after cheap shot
TheMasterplan
Porzingis...wtf. Fix that scoring.

Good defense at least though.
Grapesoda2525
PatAg said:

Baynes is such a ****ing thug, all game. Cheap shot after cheap shot
He's like salah mejri for the Mavericks. If you're big and you have no talent, you have to be an enforcer and push people around.
notjakefromstatefarm
AG
Mavs desperately need a big nasty rebounder. Out of curiosity, who would you trade to get a guy like capela or drummond? I would easily give Powell and warriors 2nd. I'd give Brunson as well, albeit hesitantly.
Danny Vermin
I'll say it again, I don't want to trade anyone except Lee. Way too much chemistry on this team to f it up.
PooDoo
AG
17-0 run on the road against LeCry, Brow, and power bottom, ain't bad.
hph6203
AG
Too early to be talking about trades, and if I'm doing anything with this team it's adding a player that someone wants to dump for our TPE around the trade deadline. Maybe trade Lee, but his contract doesn't hold a ton of value for anyone since this years free agency is set to be pretty bad.
Chapa96
AG
This Team!!
Danny Vermin
And another thing, we are not supposed to be this good this fast. We were supposed to be a marginal playoff team. We also underpaid for Delon Wright according to the ridiculous salaries of NBA players. Can't wait to hear the TNT show onTuesday.
True Anomaly
AG
True Anomaly
AG
Totally makes up for losing to the Lakers at home a month ago

Also shows that the Clippers are more legit LA team?
PatAg
AG
He's not athletic enough for this league

True Anomaly
AG
PatAg said:

He's not athletic enough for this league

Imagine getting to do that in front of your idol
NoahAg
True Anomaly said:

Totally makes up for losing to the Lakers at home a month ago

Also shows that the Clippers are more legit LA team?
At full strength I think the Clippers are the more complete team without a doubt.
True Anomaly
AG
They reposted it!! Enjoy y'all. We need SO much more of this

Seven Costanza
AG
Shaq and Chuck really calling out KP during the halftime show for being too passive.
hph6203
AG
30-20 woulda been cool.
Danny Vermin
It's crazy they can just let teams hang around and then all of a sudden they hit the gas and are up by 15 or more.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.