Houston
Sponsored by

******CITY UNDER SIEGE 2022*****

335,310 Views | 2650 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Diggity
12thMan9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I Am A Critic said:

maroon barchetta said:

Bondag said:

We have a society that doesn't believe there should be consequences for their own actions problem.

And a party that tells them it's ok, it's always somebody else's fault.
And the other party that likes to point fingers and call names instead of actually putting together policies that appeal to anyone other than the idiots in their base who can't handle being beat fairly in an election.
When were we beat fairly in an election? Asking for a few friends....
Ronnie '88
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
I Am A Critic said:

maroon barchetta said:

Bondag said:

We have a society that doesn't believe there should be consequences for their own actions problem.

And the other party that likes to point fingers and call names instead of actually putting together policies that appeal to anyone other than the idiots in their base who can't handle being beat fairly in an election.

What policies are the democrats parading out there that are so appealing? Open boarders, massive inflation, child mutilation, recession, weaponized alphabet agencies, government corruption, stripping away of rights, tumultuous geopolitical landscape, etc.?

Seriously asking you or your 4 friends who have you a blue star for that gibberish.
Ciboag96
Busy day

Ciboag96
Caught one out on bond for Capital Murder! Only stole a car. Surely he'll be out Christmas shopping for Toys for Tots in no time.

43rd Street Posse
Ciboag96 said:

“Elon's wife left him for a trans woman and he dove right into the alt right pipeline, can't make this stuff up”
-Old McDonald
43rd Street Posse
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

I Am A Critic said:

maroon barchetta said:

Bondag said:

What policies are the democrats parading out there that are so appealing? Open boarders, massive inflation, child mutilation, recession, weaponized alphabet agencies, government corruption, stripping away of rights, tumultuous geopolitical landscape, etc.?

Seriously asking you or your 4 friends who have you a blue star for that gibberish.
The leading cause of death in Americans age 18-45 is now fentanyl, thanks largely to their open borders policy. So they've got that going for them.
“Elon's wife left him for a trans woman and he dove right into the alt right pipeline, can't make this stuff up”
-Old McDonald
43rd Street Posse
Not Houston related per se, but just as an illustration..."Man Get's 15 Year Prison Sentence for Stealing and Burning a Rainbow Colored Flag". Crazy to see stuff like that considering the types of dangerous killers and criminals we are letting back into our streets.

https://reason.com/2019/12/20/a-15-year-sentence-for-burning-a-stolen-gay-pride-flag-is-not-justice/
-Old McDonald
Smeghead4761
Some pigs are more equal than others.
atmtws
AG
From Councilmember Martin:

"For the upcoming budget cycle, the City of Houston will begin the transition to a new approach to budgeting. Rather than the traditional incremental budgeting, the City will start incorporating elements of outcome-based budgeting, which seeks to transform the way City leaders make decisions on the allocation of financial resources by focusing on expected results and outcomes of City programs and services.

With this new process, the City is soliciting feedback on what Houstonians believe is important in a City budget and where they believe the City should spend its tax dollars."

Go vote:

Outcome Based Budgeting
Ryan the Temp
AG
They've been talking about that for years and it's never come to fruition. That being said, I'd settle for them picking up my damn recycling that's been at the curb for weeks.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Roads that don't require 4x4 low
aTm '99
Bondag
AG
atmtws said:

From Councilmember Martin:

"For the upcoming budget cycle, the City of Houston will begin the transition to a new approach to budgeting. Rather than the traditional incremental budgeting, the City will start incorporating elements of outcome-based budgeting, which seeks to transform the way City leaders make decisions on the allocation of financial resources by focusing on expected results and outcomes of City programs and services.

With this new process, the City is soliciting feedback on what Houstonians believe is important in a City budget and where they believe the City should spend its tax dollars."

Go vote:

Outcome Based Budgeting

It's definitely not installing a median in a turn lane causing the street to back up.
htxag09
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

They've been talking about that for years and it's never come to fruition. That being said, I'd settle for them picking up my damn recycling that's been at the curb for weeks.

So you're one of those annoying neighbors that won't download the htx collects app and instead just leaves the recycling on the curb forever?

But, for real, the recycling is a perfect example of the city incompetence. Pass a bond, do a selection and praise the winner. We'll have world class recycling. Turns out they suck and can't keep up with their equipment. So what do we do? Pass another bond to give them more money hoping we get to the promise of the original bond.
Ryan the Temp
AG
htxag09 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

So you're one of those annoying neighbors that won't download the htx collects app and instead just leaves the recycling on the curb forever?

But, for real, the recycling is a perfect example of the city incompetence. Pass a bond, do a selection and praise the winner. We'll have world class recycling. Turns out they suck and can't keep up with their equipment. So what do we do? Pass another bond to give them more money hoping we get to the promise of the original bond.
Every house on my block leaves the recycle bins out until they are collected because we never know when it will happen.
Bondag
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

htxag09 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

Every house on my block leaves the recycle bins out until they are collected because we never know when it will happen.

Yep. The only time they have been on time since covid was when I didn't put them out assuming Indigenous Peoples Day was a holiday.
htxag09
AG
The app is pretty good. It lets you know if it's delayed vs cancelled. For example, the app said Thursday trash was moved to Friday for thanksgiving and recycling was just cancelled for that week. Would resume in two weeks.

Our day is Monday. I just know it'll get picked up Wednesday. Heck, I don't even roll it out until Wednesday morning anymore.
txags92
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Roads that don't require 4x4 low
Can somebody please convince them to stop planting trees in the middle of the road medians? Or at least choose species with deep taproots instead of broad shallow root systems that will undermine the adjacent roadway? So freaking annoying to see them widen a road and pave it all so nicely, then plant big oak trees in the median that will tear up the road badly enough to make it nearly undriveable within 5 years (looking at you Dairy Ashford, Kirkwood, Memorial, and Wilcrest)
maroon barchetta
This case is going to drive media outlets crazy.

They will want to jump all over the motive for these attacks and advocate strongly for the victims. But if they treat this guy like the gunman at the Pulse Nightclub in Florida, he will fall out of the news cycle quickly because he's not the bad guy they want to hate.

https://abc13.com/houston-man-accused-of-hate-crime-against-transgender-salih-alhemoud/12545859/
Waltonloads08
AG
htxag09 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

Its all a big grift. Most of what they pick up is just more garbage.
Sea Speed
AG
Tine courts Letting murderers out on bond but this dude beats up one tr anny and they lock him up and throw away the key.

Quote:

On Oct. 26, a federal grand jury returned a three-count indictment on Alhemoud. He was also found to be a danger to the community and was ordered into custody pending further criminal proceedings.

Feds showing everyone what really matters
Al Bula
AG
No response on mentally ill people or violent urban crime I could make would keep me from getting banned so I'll just stop.
Ciboag96
Sea Speed said:

Tine courts Letting murderers out on bond but this dude beats up one tr anny and they lock him up and throw away the key.

Quote:

On Oct. 26, a federal grand jury returned a three-count indictment on Alhemoud. He was also found to be a danger to the community and was ordered into custody pending further criminal proceedings.

Feds showing everyone what really matters

Yeah the guy that was arrested for stealing a vehicle was OUT ON BOND FOR MURDER and was also arrested
on a gun charge VIOLATING HIS MURDER BOND but was released prior to being arrested for auto theft.

****ing **** show.
Ciboag96
43rd Street Posse
Ciboag96 said:

So someone had $75k layin around to bail this dude out? Am I understanding that correctly? Or has bail changed over the years?
-Old McDonald
txags92
AG
43rd Street Posse said:

Ciboag96 said:

So someone had $75k layin around to bail this dude out? Am I understanding that correctly? Or has bail changed over the years?
Harris county doesn't collect from the bond companies when somebody violates their bond. So they are charging generally 1-3% instead of the typical 10% you would see in places where the bonding companies actually had money at risk if somebody violated their bond.
MAROON
AG
probably only paid $7500 or 1%.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
43rd Street Posse said:

I Am A Critic said:

maroon barchetta said:

Bondag said:

The leading cause of death in Americans age 18-45 is now fentanyl, thanks largely to their open borders policy. So they've got that going for them.
U.S. Border Patrol Agents and the Nueces County Criminal Interdiction Unit seized three gallons comparative to 25 pounds of liquid fentanyl during a traffic stop on Highway 77 south of Robstown, near Corpus Christi.

The liquid fentanyl seized during the traffic stop was valued at $1.8 million, according to a tweet from Chief Patrol Agent Gloria Chavez with the Rio Grande Valley Border Patrol. "Authorities seized the largest amount of liquid fentanyl in U.S. history," Chavez said in the post. "This lethal amount is enough to kill a population of 5.665 million people, two and a half times the size of Houston."
MAROON
AG
Quote:

Highway 77 south of Robstown, near Corpus Christi.
major drug highway. Always tons of DPS and county Mounties on that route.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Ciboag96
txags92
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Probably shot using a gun the thieves got from somebody else's car.
I Am A Critic
Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

Quote:

Officers said five men were checking car doors in the neighborhood when the homeowner, who may have seen them on surveillance cameras, came outside shooting toward the group. They ran away but police said the homeowner got in his car and went looking for them. As he was returning home, he ran into the group and they shot him in his stomach. He died on the front steps of his home.
Username checks out.
43rd Street Posse
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

43rd Street Posse said:

I Am A Critic said:

maroon barchetta said:

Bondag said:

U.S. Border Patrol Agents and the Nueces County Criminal Interdiction Unit seized three gallons comparative to 25 pounds of liquid fentanyl during a traffic stop on Highway 77 south of Robstown, near Corpus Christi.

The liquid fentanyl seized during the traffic stop was valued at $1.8 million, according to a tweet from Chief Patrol Agent Gloria Chavez with the Rio Grande Valley Border Patrol. "Authorities seized the largest amount of liquid fentanyl in U.S. history," Chavez said in the post. "This lethal amount is enough to kill a population of 5.665 million people, two and a half times the size of Houston."
F-ing insane and scary. I am no scientist, but if they ever find a way to release mist or vapor in a concentrated and crowded area(Times Square, parade etc), or in office buildings...Let's just say I hope that's impossible.

Carfentanil is 100 times more potent than Fentanyl apparently and sounds like it could more easily be used in an act of terror.

Might be overboard, but I have thought about getting narcan for the family to carry around as a precaution if this stuff gets more and more out of control. I wonder how many OD's each year are from just coming into contact with it and not necessarily using?
-Old McDonald
JD Shellnut
AG
I Am A Critic said:

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

Quote:

Officers said five men were checking car doors in the neighborhood when the homeowner, who may have seen them on surveillance cameras, came outside shooting toward the group. They ran away but police said the homeowner got in his car and went looking for them. As he was returning home, he ran into the group and they shot him in his stomach. He died on the front steps of his home.

Too bad he was unable to shoot and kill them all.
43rd Street Posse
MAROON said:

Quote:

Highway 77 south of Robstown, near Corpus Christi.
major drug highway. Always tons of DPS and county Mounties on that route.
Could not believe how many marked and unmarked DPS there were along the highways near Dilley and Carrizo Springs around this time last year. I think all of those roads see tons of regular drug and human smuggling traffic.
-Old McDonald
Bondag
AG
43rd Street Posse said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

43rd Street Posse said:

I Am A Critic said:

maroon barchetta said:

Bondag said:

F-ing insane and scary. I am no scientist, but if they ever find a way to release mist or vapor in a concentrated and crowded area(Times Square, parade etc), or in office buildings...Let's just say I hope that's impossible.

Carfentanil is 100 times more potent than Fentanyl apparently and sounds like it could more easily be used in an act of terror.

Might be overboard, but I have thought about getting narcan for the family to carry around as a precaution if this stuff gets more and more out of control. I wonder how many OD's each year are from just coming into contact with it and not necessarily using?
I don't remember which one, but I think the vapor idea is one of the Tom Clancy/ Jack Ryan novels to spread something like Covid at the World Cup.

The Narcan may not be a bad idea.

https://abc7chicago.com/fentanyl-overdose-baby-san-francisco-moscone-park-narcan/12515282/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.