Houston
Sponsored by

******CITY UNDER SIEGE 2022*****

361,510 Views | 2650 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Diggity
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So it seems like kind of a tight circle selected. Was it an all democrat focus group?
Ryan the Temp
AG
Sea Speed said:

So it seems like kind of a tight circle selected. Was it an all democrat focus group?
Going on appearances alone, it likely heavily leaned that direction, but I can't say it was 100%. We all had been in the employees union at some point. I was in the union from 2006-2010.
Sea Speed
AG
Seems like it might be best to ask the gen pop about the direction of the city and not current or former coh employees. Although maybe they would be disgruntled enough to trash the leadership, which at least several seemed to be willing to do.
Ryan the Temp
AG
The union doesn't care what people who aren't associated with the union in some way think.
Sea Speed
AG
Idk why but i assumed it was some 3rd party group that just pulled their names from a list of union members past or present, which I am sure is readily available to the types of people who want to see those lists. It makes much more sense that the union is doing it for the sake of the union.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Sea Speed said:

It makes much more sense that the union is doing it for the sake of the union.
Based on the discussions we had, this is definitely the case.
Sea Speed
AG
So is that really a "state of the city" focus group or more of a "who can we elect or how can we lobby to make things better for our small group of personnel" focus group
sts7049
AG
agproducer
AG
TarponChaser said:

maroon barchetta said:

agproducer said:

Regardless of what the dad was doing, that kid had nothing to do with it. It's just heartless. The boy saw his dad get killed, was probably screaming in the car the whole way before the perp stopped and left him to die. Just awful.

Agreed. This criminal is truly evil.

I'm just curious what led the dad to make the decision to meet with such a person.

Here's a hint- the dad was just like those persons who killed him.

I'm not sure that's the case. Suspect was apparently living his car and frequented the gas station.
MAROON
AG
sts7049 said:

have his trial. If guilty take him out back and put one 22 caliber to the back of his head. No need to house and feed that scum for the rest of his life.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Sea Speed
AG
There is such a gulf between people that live in that world and people that live in ours. I can't think of anything I have in common with these people who are out on multiple felonies and committing heinous crimes. It is pretty crazy to think about that there is a whole world out there that we are pretty well insulated from but at any second can just crash down the barrier and destroy your life.
Diggity
AG
Ryan the Temp
AG
Sea Speed said:

So is that really a "state of the city" focus group or more of a "who can we elect or how can we lobby to make things better for our small group of personnel" focus group
It was focused on making things better for employees and understanding why employees leave the union. That included working conditions, pay, elected officials, overall morale, etc. The biggest takeaway from the group was the union overall has been fairly effective in negotiating a decent contract, but outside of that is generally worthless.

I'm a member of a different union now - American Federation of Musicians, and they do a LOT for members in addition to negotiating the wage scales.
Cromagnum
AG
MAROON said:

sts7049 said:

have his trial. If guilty take him out back and put one 22 caliber to the back of his head. No need to house and feed that scum for the rest of his life.

1. Find an old POS vehicle.
2. Bar the windows.
3. Lock the POS inside and leave him out in the sun to fry.
AgLA06
AG
Cromagnum said:

MAROON said:

sts7049 said:

1. Find an old POS vehicle.
2. Bar the windows.
3. Lock the POS inside and leave him out in the sun to fry.

Welcome to the middle east. Don't forget to bring your Koran.
Sea Speed
AG
Get a job, Al.
Build It
AG
Have we talked about this judge and what he is doing to our city?

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/30-year-old-capital-murder-defendant-free-from-jail-after-posting-9000-bond

He let a capital murder suspect out on bond for 900 bucks. Already had revoked probation and raised bail in past. Guess what he is long gone from previously known address.

You can revoke all bail in a capital murder case. Please vote this guy out before he further destroys our city.

sts7049
AG
https://abc13.com/democratic-district-court-judges-harris-county-votes-chuck-silverman-abigail-anastasio/11615374/

unfortunately this one made it through primaries. here are some others to be aware of.
maroon barchetta
Build It said:

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/30-year-old-capital-murder-defendant-free-from-jail-after-posting-9000-bond

He let a capital murder suspect out on bond for 900 bucks. Already had revoked probation and raised bail in past. Guess what he is long gone from previously known address.

You can revoke all bail in a capital murder case. Please vote this guy out before he further destroys our city.

Unreal, and yet totally believable.
maroon barchetta
W
T
H

https://abc13.com/harris-county-crime-tullich-lane-scene-investigation-shooting/12251922/
Ciboag96
maroon barchetta said:

W
T
H

https://abc13.com/harris-county-crime-tullich-lane-scene-investigation-shooting/12251922/

Quote:

The suspect was shot and killed at the scene

The unrelenting and eternal suffering he is now feeling in the hands of Satan is not nearly enough salve. I hope that ****er died painfully and slowly.
AgLA06
AG
I mean, he abused her. It isn't that surprising he'd shoot her.
redag06
Was heading home and saw close to 20 sheriff's department vehicles heading west,to what was probably the jones road location.
maroon barchetta
Shot her while she was holding a kid.
swimmerbabe11
his kid, I would guess right?
maroon barchetta
swimmerbabe11 said:

his kid, I would guess right?

Maybe. She could have been watching a child for friend or family.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Build It said:

TSU Thurgood Marshall Law graduate.

Which means he was likely barely competent as a practicing lawyer and becoming a judge was probably a significant pay increase.

F these people.
Al Bula
AG
Yeah anyone from TSU is just a crook. Grifting and enabling your fellow blacks to commit murder while out on bond are capstone courses at that "school."
jrrhouston98
AG
I remember this. Absolutely unbelievable.
https://abc13.com/suspects-charges-dismissed-5-years-after-teen-killed-in-front-of-mom/12256658/
maroon barchetta
jrrhouston98 said:

I remember this. Absolutely unbelievable.
https://abc13.com/suspects-charges-dismissed-5-years-after-teen-killed-in-front-of-mom/12256658/

Which judge let him off?
Ryan the Temp
AG
I got reminded today why I carry.

I was on the feeder to turn right onto N. Shepherd, where the outer lane is turn-only and the middle lane is both through and right turn. I was in the middle lane when the light turned green and turned right. The guy in the turn-only lane also turned, but when he saw me, he turned his van almost sideways to block my lane on N. Shepherd and came to a complete stop.

He leaned out his window and started screaming at me about how my lane wasn't a turn lane. I mouthed "Yes it is" at him and then this ****er decides he's going to get out of his van in the middle of N. Shepherd and start charging toward my car. I decided it was time to retrieve my firearm from its place of concealment. He kept on coming, screaming the entire time, but as soon as he got close enough to see the firearm in my hand he stfu, ran back to his van, and took off real quick.

People are crazy and you never know when they'l try to pull some *****
maroon barchetta
What the hell is wrong with people.
CDUB98
AG
maroon barchetta said:

What the hell is wrong with people.

Dude, we ain't got enough time for that discussion.
maroon barchetta
You're right.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.