Houston
Sponsored by

******CITY UNDER SIEGE 2022*****

335,154 Views | 2650 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Diggity
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Username checks out
Ciboag96
A Harris County Judge somewhere is felating himself while fantasizing giving that young sir a recognizance bond.
htxag09
AG
Ciboag96 said:

A Harris County Judge somewhere is felating himself while fantasizing giving that young sir a recognizance bond.
And using the image to promote gun control/another buyback.
TarponChaser
Off-duty deputy constable murdered on Sunday on the Upper East Side.

This was right in front of the middle school where my oldest goes. Like much of Houston you've got nice, fairly affluent areas right next to really ghetto areas and it's no different out here in the 'burbs.

From the linked story:

Ursin, 37, who was off duty at the time, was picking up dinner for his family when someone shot and killed him while he was driving his family's vehicle on Madera Run Parkway.

Gonzalez said Ursin was taken to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Homicide investigators said they are not sure as to why Ursin was targeted in the deadly shooting.
"The reason for the shooting is unknown. We don't know if it's road rage. We don't know if it has to do with him being law enforcement," Sgt. Dennis Wolford with Harris County Sheriff's Office Homicide Unit said. "We are still trying to determine that, but we are asking for the public's help."
Build It
AG
Off duty deputy was one of 4 shot last night.
jrrhouston98
AG
Build It said:

Off duty deputy was one of 4 murdered last night.

FIFY
TarponChaser
Build It said:

Off duty deputy was one of 4 shot last night.

Sht is way fcked up these days.

I missed FWA posting about the deputy when I made my post. And at this risk of "it really makes you think" the killing of the deputy being right in front of my kid's school on a road through a nice neighborhood that I've driven a thousand times does in fact make one think.

I own handguns but have never felt the need to carry regularly before now. That has damn sure changed and I need to teach the wife to shoot too.
HtownAg92
AG
htxag09 said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

htxag09 said:

Pretty rough weekend in Cottage Grove as well......

Saturday night a car got hit then jacked at gun point as he was turning into and waiting for the gate to open in his gated townhome complex.

Also Saturday night, an uber driver was driving near Washington when the car in front of him stopped, the driver got out holding a semi-auto rifle and walking towards him, the uber driver put it in reverse and got away before the ass hat did anything. The dashcam video was posted on our nextdoor page.

Can you share the video?

Not sure if you can share Facebook videos here. But her it goes….

https://fb.watch/fbmMBupOr0/?mibextid=cwv5hk
So in this scenario, do you back up or punch it and run him over?
MAROON
AG
the problem is the ditch on the left. That might impact your ability to run him over. I sure wish this was a video of him being run, because he is going to kill someone in this town.
AgLA06
AG
Only options appear to be reverse at speed and hope or fire through your windshield before he can get a shot off.
redag06
MAROON said:

the problem is the ditch on the left. That might impact your ability to run him over. I sure wish this was a video of him being run, because he is going to kill someone in this town.
Sure there is a ditch, but I think I'd just try to kill him by pinning him in between the two cars.
98Ag99Grad
AG
My instinct watching that video is to punch it, especially when I see he's having trouble with the gun. But yeah, there's a ditch over there if you miss.
AgLA06
AG
How? He's walking in the grass at the edge of the ditch.
CDUB98
AG
It's a pretty difficult thing to actively move toward a person with a gun who is intent on harming you.
YellAg2004
AG
I would think that in that instance, you have to go on offense and try to run him over. That whole time she was backing up in a straight line, if he was truly wanting to shoot her, she'd be dead. Remember, he's got a rifle, not a handgun. Putting several rounds through the windshield of a car backing up in a fairly straight line isn't asking someone to be a great marksman, especially when you're starting from ~10' away.

And regarding the ditch, at that point you're worried about losing your life, if you end up going into the ditch and tearing up your car, so be it. The main goal is to get away with your life.
SW AG80
AG
HtownAg92 said:

htxag09 said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

htxag09 said:

Pretty rough weekend in Cottage Grove as well......

Saturday night a car got hit then jacked at gun point as he was turning into and waiting for the gate to open in his gated townhome complex.

Also Saturday night, an uber driver was driving near Washington when the car in front of him stopped, the driver got out holding a semi-auto rifle and walking towards him, the uber driver put it in reverse and got away before the ass hat did anything. The dashcam video was posted on our nextdoor page.

Can you share the video?

Not sure if you can share Facebook videos here. But her it goes….

https://fb.watch/fbmMBupOr0/?mibextid=cwv5hk
So in this scenario, do you back up or punch it and run him over?
I had a conversation just yesterday with my wife about this scenario. I told her to stay a car or 2 in back of the car in front when stopped. We then talked through penning the bad guy between cars (not to hold him like a calf but to kill him), or flat running over him or, at the very least, having some room to escape.

And to TarponChaser, I never thought I would ever carry even though I have had my LTC for a few years. But just this morning I bought a Sig P365 because it is smaller than my 9 MM. These Sigs are what DPS CID agents now carry. Still don't know if I will ever carry on my person but now I am equipped to do so. The one instance I might carry is when we go to the movies. If a person comes into a theater wanting to kill people, there is no out. It is either pray he skips your row or defend yourself and your loved ones.

It is a crazy, screwed up world with no end in sight.
EDIT: We don't live in Houston, we are in San Antonio. We have same crap going on here to an extent. SA is smaller so less crime and we don't have Black Magic.
WES2006AG
AG
I had a gun pulled on me in an attempted car jacking in August 2021. I was very lucky that there was nobody in front of me so I could mash the gas and get out of there. I am very conscious about leaving space to maneuver these days for that very reason.
HtownAg92
AG
It was probably 20 years ago, but I had a small group try to stop me and approach from many sides in the u turn lane of the Katy Freeway. One stood in the road and 3 or 4 were coming quickly from out of nowhere. I never saw a gun but didn't wait. I floored it. I may have hit someone or run over a foot, don't know for sure and don't care. I was gone.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
AgProducer needs to send that video on to his contacts at ABC13. That dude is going to kill someone.
Sea Speed
AG
Hell, he may have already killed someone, since these types don't spend any time incarcerated anymore.
Ciboag96
Funny that most people on Next Door in the Heights are losing their minds that someone keeps stealing their potted aloe Vera or their folding chairs from their front porches. They ain't seen nothing yet. Lol.
swimmerbabe11
Fianc made the bad decision to honk at a homeless dude who was a little in our way, homeless dude got all the way in the way and started yelling. Reached for a gun he didn't have twice, both times I thought I was gonna be dead or single via gunshot.

If I had been driving, I probably would have ran him right over just out of panic.

He learned his lesson about honking when it's not an emergency though.
CDUB98
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Fianc

Woah, woah, woah! Back the truck up. When the hell were you going to tell us about this?
swimmerbabe11
Bro, Jetch offered host my wedding reception already. Where've you been?
CDUB98
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Working and cycling. Been busy. When did this happen?
Ciboag96
CDUB98 said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Working and cycling. Been busy. When did this happen?

Take it to the singles under siege thread
swimmerbabe11
He proposed on DDay. Wedding on April 15th. Swimmy getting taken off the market!
CDUB98
AG
Well, congratulations swimmy.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
WES2006AG said:

I had a gun pulled on me in an attempted car jacking in August 2021. I was very lucky that there was nobody in front of me so I could mash the gas and get out of there. I am very conscious about leaving space to maneuver these days for that very reason.

Lol. You voted for these morons.
maroon barchetta
Marvin_Zindler said:

WES2006AG said:

Lol. You voted for these morons.

BOOM!
Stat Monitor Repairman

People getting shot at the bowling alley.
HtownAg92
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Have you been to a bowling alley in the last 20 years? Definitely a daytime activity now.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
MAROON said:

Funny story, I watched David Puddy fall into one of those ditches during Harvey. It was like a cartoon, he was walking then boom, 6'4" man disappeared in a hole. I wish it was on video.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
HtownAg92 said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Have you been to a bowling alley in the last 20 years? Definitely a daytime activity now.
Went to that Bowlero for an event. Was shocked to have to walk through a metal detector to get in.
Ciboag96
Dude that shot his sisters in Friendswood saved taxpayer money

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/backenberry-woman-killed/285-6c39f58f-61dd-48db-80c3-cda7031712fa

Quote:

FRIENDSWOOD, Texas A man wanted in connection with a shooting that left one sister dead, and another critically injured in the Friendswood area was found with a gunshot wound in Willis, Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said.

Deputies located the man inside a vehicle parked outside of a grocery store along Interstate 45. The sheriff said as deputies approached the man, he shot himself.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.