Houston
Sponsored by

******CITY UNDER SIEGE 2022*****

327,056 Views | 2650 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Diggity
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes I agree completely, but crime is increasing. If it bleeds it leads is still true. People see and hear about more people being affected by crime. Surely people notice it but as you say, people are dumb so they probably blame guns and mean Republicans for keeping them down.
lb sand
AG
Reminds me of the George Carlin bit.
Think how dumb the average American is, then realize half of Americans are dumber than that.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
So the 3 dudes was the "major ring?" Or did they connect it to something bigger? Regardless I'm glad someone got nabbed for it
Ryan the Temp
AG
Texicurean said:

Think how dumb the average American is, then realize half of Americans are dumber than that.
hmm ...
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
They were responsible for a lot of stolen vehicles across the city. HPD didn't say this, but from the conversation I had with them led me to believe the task force was either targeting this group or paper tag vehicles, which is how they started following these guys.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Sea Speed said:

I really wonder how aware the common citizen is about what is going on at the county and city level as it pertains to criminals, bond, punishment etc. Not everyone pays attention to it like those of us on here.

Common citizens are complete morons.

It's why elected officials at all levels are in the positions they are in. Because people are idiots.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Cool hopefully they're the guys that stole and stripped mine. My car was followed out of my parking garage by a silver quad cab z-71 silverado (with paper tags of course)
Smeghead4761
maroon barchetta said:

Sea Speed said:

I really wonder how aware the common citizen is about what is going on at the county and city level as it pertains to criminals, bond, punishment etc. Not everyone pays attention to it like those of us on here.

Common citizens are complete morons.

It's why elected officials at all levels are in the positions they are in. Because people are idiots.
To quote George Carlin: "Think of how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of them are stupider than that."

And if you use the median definition for average, it's statistically completely true.

Half of everyone is below average.
Sea Speed
AG
Ho. Lee. Chit. The city has filed a suit against a C store saying they allow crime on premises and did nothing to remediate it. I didnt even know they could do such a thing. They use the HPD stats to file suit, so the more this guy calls the cops the more ammo the city has to use against them. Unbelievable. How absolutely absurd. They say the owner is supposed to stop crime but THE POLICE DONT EVEN STOP CRIME. How TF Is he supposed to stop hoodrats? Just wow.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/city-of-houston-sues-local-convenience-store-for-failing-remediate-neighborhood-crime/ar-AAZkgX2?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=e41d5992b77f4764ab02d29526ee3105
CDUB98
AG
Clown world.
maroon barchetta
Complete clown world.
maroon barchetta
htxag09
AG
Sea Speed said:

Ho. Lee. Chit. The city has filed a suit against a C store saying they allow crime on premises. Indidnt even know they could do such a thing. They use the HPD stats to file suit. So the more this guy calls the cops the more ammo the city has to use against them. Unbelievable. How absolutely absurd. They say the owner is supposed to stop crime. THE POLICE DONT EVEN STOP CRIME. How TF Is he supposed to stop hoodrats. Just wow.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/city-of-houston-sues-local-convenience-store-for-failing-remediate-neighborhood-crime/ar-AAZkgX2?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=e41d5992b77f4764ab02d29526ee3105
So can I file a suit against the city when I'm effected by crime by some ass hat that's out on ridiculously low bail for felonies?

BTW, I'm in Rice Military/Cottage Grove and someone decided to do some drive by's, shoot into the air, or something else last weekend. 10-15 round bursts about 5 different times in a span of a minute. So close to us both my wife and I immediately jumped out of bed. Pretty ****ing infuriating looking at your baby monitor the next day and counting gun shots....
File5
AG
"The city is seeking both a temporary and permanent injunction against the store forbidding it from allowing crime."

Clown world.
File5
AG
Wait, why are you folks in Rice Military allowing crime? Get your act together!
Sea Speed
AG
Exactly. We should all be able to sue the the DAs office and the courts and police departments for doing nothing to remediate crime amd in fact, encouraging the behavior through loose enforcement and lack of punishment.
Sea Speed
AG
They need those Bellaire camera systems.
htxag09
AG
File5 said:

Wait, why are you folks in Rice Military allowing crime? Get your act together!
Just waiting for the city to file suit against me.....
sts7049
AG
Sec. 125.0015. COMMON NUISANCE. (a) A person who maintains a place to which persons habitually go for the following purposes and who knowingly tolerates the activity and furthermore fails to make reasonable attempts to abate the activity maintains a common nuisance:

i agree this looks ridiculous, but i guess we will see how much of an effort the store really made in court.
Sea Speed
AG
Outside of installing cameras and security lights, what can the store do besides call the police? Trying to run the hoodrats off could be hazardous to your health
sts7049
AG
i know, all i'm saying is that we will see the evidence of how much they actually did call. not just lawyer words.
htxag09
AG
Yeah. I get the intent of the law. You don't want a store creating a safe haven for people to come shoot up. But simply by calling the cops isn't this store proving they are trying to prevent it?

Eta: it also doesn't help the cities case that crime everywhere is up like 80% compared to a couple years ago….. I think that's the biggest rub with most on here
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
The biggest thing they could do to reduce crime is take out the CoH leadership.

Now what?
CDUB98
AG
Considering the city and county are letting murderers out on dick slap bonds, the city has zero standing to accuse anyone of causing a crime nuisance. **** all these people.
File5
AG
Maybe instead of a high volume of calls from the place they'll be using a LACK of calls from from the place as evidence? I could see that
The Wonderer
AG
sts7049 said:

Sec. 125.0015. COMMON NUISANCE. (a) A person who maintains a place to which persons habitually go for the following purposes and who knowingly tolerates the activity and furthermore fails to make reasonable attempts to abate the activity maintains a common nuisance:

i agree this looks ridiculous, but i guess we will see how much of an effort the store really made in court.
Cities also use suits like this to get TABC permits revoked.
Diggity
AG
The Wonderer said:

sts7049 said:

Cities also use suits like this to get TABC permits revoked.
right....I think Bombshell's got on the wrong side of this code at some point.
randy828
AG
They just need to plant more trees.
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
maroon barchetta
Meanwhile, just down 288 in Lake Jackson, birthplace of Selena and Buc-ees, murderers get $25,000,000 bonds assigned.

Sounds like they don't want these guys out on the street

https://abc13.com/lake-jackson-suspect-arrest-2nd-deadly-shooting-father-shot-to-death/12031738/
TulaneAg
Good move for the surrounding counties to hammer these guys and force them to keep their crimes within the CoH. Shine an even brighter light on the idiocy of Houston governance these days.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Sea Speed said:

Outside of installing cameras and security lights, what can the store do besides call the police?
Rooftop Koreans, I guess.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
randy828 said:

dont forget to walk against crime too!
txags92
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

randy828 said:

dont forget to walk against crime too!
Walking would also take the paper tags out of play...
Ciboag96
Just another day/night In paradise. Thank you Mayor Turner for your reduce crime initiative. It is clearly working as well as any Democrat policy, growing crime instead of reducing it. I hope your medal and plaque are in a conspicuous spot on your wall so you can beam at it daily it with pride.

Mikeyshooter
AG
https://abc13.com/father-shoots-robbery-suspects-infant-children-in-the-car-attempted-northwest-harris-county-feather-creek-drive-shots-fired/12042484/

Here's a good one. Two 16-yr olds try to rob a family right in front of their house. Father shoots both. I'm sure both kids were just having a little fun and meant no harm. Oh yeah, there were two babies in the car as well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.