Houston
Sponsored by

******CITY UNDER SIEGE 2022*****

361,539 Views | 2650 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Diggity
Marvin_Zindler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

No magic at this one, but likely a more meaningful discussion:

Sponsored by the Federalist Society. Might have to go pick up some CLE.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Remember the 11 yr-old kid that was shot while walking out to get his coat out of the car. Guess what....he was killed by a thug out on bond.

"The sheriff said Howard has an extensive criminal history and was out on bond for aggravated robbery at the time of Darius' murder."

https://abc13.com/11-year-old-shot-and-killed-daveyonne-howard-darius-dugas-childs-murder/11577749/
maroon barchetta
This is my surprised face.
TJaggie14
AG
Marvin_Zindler said:

Remember the 11 yr-old kid that was shot while walking out to get his coat out of the car. Guess what....he was killed by a thug out on bond.

"The sheriff said Howard has an extensive criminal history and was out on bond for aggravated robbery at the time of Darius' murder."

https://abc13.com/11-year-old-shot-and-killed-daveyonne-howard-darius-dugas-childs-murder/11577749/
Who was the judge and how much was the bond?
Marvin_Zindler
AG
TJaggie14 said:

Marvin_Zindler said:

Looks like the judge is Hazel B. Jones (174th) and bond was set at $50K
TJaggie14
AG
Marvin_Zindler said:

TJaggie14 said:

Marvin_Zindler said:

Looks like the judge is Hazel B. Jones (174th) and bond was set at $50K
Surprise, Democrat. From her website:

Quote:

Lastly, Judge Jones campaigns on the platform that although life is not always fair her courtroom will be fair to all persons; that she will follow the law wherever it leads; that she's not afraid to be a judge of second chances or third chances when appropriate; that she will put at the forefront the safety of our community; and that she's dedicated to ensuring the integrity of our judicial system.

P.H. Dexippus
AG
Or in this case, 5th chances
MAROON
AG
Black Girl Magic stacking bodies like firewood.
sts7049
AG
is that a butterfly on that loser's neck?

Mr. Lahey
AG
Same judge that let out the punk who emptied a couple mags into his ex last month
File5
AG
Anyone know a good public database to pull this stuff? If decent enough I may try and build a body count dashboard and tie them to specific judges that granted bail to the killers.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
File5 said:

Anyone know a good public database to pull this stuff? If decent enough I may try and build a body count dashboard and tie them to specific judges that granted bail to the killers.

If you do that, I hope someone puts it on billboards.
htownag10
AG
Well they reformed the criminal justice system. Reformed it so much you can get out of jail no matter what you did.
Gator92
AG
While they don't name the "marketing vendor", I'm wondering if it is Elevate Strategies/Felicity Pereyra.

Same outfit at the center of Dora's covid outreach bid problem.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/09/09/judge-lina-hidalgo-to-cancel-11m-controversial-vaccine-outreach-contract/

Also of note, Elevate Strategies lists Perkins Coie as a client.

https://elevatestrategiesllc.com/
Robert C. Christian
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

File5 said:

Would be great:

XX% of homicides were committed while out on bond
It's not magic, it's consequences
Jackal99
AG
I had jury duty in ol' Hazel's court just before COVID hit. I didn't get picked, fortunately, but in the time I was in there she didn't strike me as much of a magician.
aggietony2010
AG
I watch videos of self defense encounters on YouTube on the channel "Active Self Protection"

A year ago: Houston starts showing up more regularly.
Shortly after: host mentions it's because the PDs are doing a good job of releasing video.
A month ago: Houston is referred to as "Sao Paulo del Norte"
Today: Vegas is "crazy. It's like Houston with slot machines"

What a ****ing joke of a city this has become.
bedofbrass33
AG
htownag10 said:

Well they reformed the criminal justice system. Reformed it so much you can get out of jail no matter what you did.

I'd be curios to see how that's applied across the board. Are hot checks and paper tags even summoned to court anymore? Is there a theft level that isn't a crime anymore like in California?
Smeghead4761
The funny thing is, to the best of my knowledge, the felony theft threshold is higher in Texas (>$2500) than in California (>$1000).
Gator92
AG
Just another Friday night in the Tine...

Gator92
AG
and a 4 year old shot Friday afternoon...

sts7049
AG
https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2022/02/19/man-found-dead-after-shooting-outside-heights-home-person-of-interest-detained-for-questioning-police-say/
SW AG80
AG
I took a search warrant to Judge Jackson a few years ago. The warrant was for a human trafficking case in South Texas but we wanted to search a house in Harris County. She had no idea what she was looking at. She just wanted assurances that the case would not be in her court. I told her 3 times that the case was in a South Texas county and we just wanted to search a house(s) in Harris County.
ChemAg15
AG

File5 said:

"Black Girl Tragic"

You're welcome.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
File5 said:

Andy Kahan at Crime Stoppers has been tracking. I don't know how much he's posted or shared, but said he could share detailed info on locations, courts, etc.
File5
AG
Appreciate the lead! After a cursory search I'm thinking that an OCR (basically pdf reader) approach might have to be used on individual public filing documents. Doubt there's actually a publicly accessible database for these data...
maroon barchetta
ChemAg15 said:

File5 said:

"Black Girl Tragic"

You're welcome.
Al Bula
AG
It just warms the heart when one of two would-be robbers kills the other one!

https://abc13.com/man-charged-with-murder-treveon-tatum-north-harris-county-party-shooting-shots-fired-into-crowd/11581379/

One less oxygen thief 6 feet under.
Diggity
AG
Look what I found at the liquor store.

We're all gonna need lots of it.
maroon barchetta
Build It
AG
He was out on bond for murder
Stat Monitor Repairman
Fentanyl lab in a house by IAH?

Lol at this s***.
maroon barchetta
Build It said:

His judge is a Dem.

This is my shocked face.
txags92
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Build It said:

His judge is a Dem.

This is my shocked face.
All the judges are dems right now. Thanks anti-Cruz voters who stayed home...
Smeghead4761
maroon barchetta said:

Build It said:

His judge is a Dem.

This is my shocked face.
The story is unclear - is the judge who set the $50,000 bail on the murder charge the same one (Josh Hill) who set the $150,000 bond for Agg Assault w/ Deadly Weapon? I think it's different judges.

The story does note that the prosecutors tried to have his bond revoked after the Agg Assault charge, but the judge said no. The story doesn't name the judge.

This is in keeping with Jim Treacher's observation "Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn't know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.