Houston
Sponsored by

******CITY UNDER SIEGE 2022*****

335,112 Views | 2650 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Diggity
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Alex Bregman said:

File5 said:

Watching Sly on Fox 26 right now, and he mentions that crime is down in every category except homicide. Of course that begs the question if the stats are just being padded by not charging people for crimes, and homicide is the only one that you can't get away with given that there's a body. Of course he blames the rise in large part due to the availability of guns and people not being licensed or trained, nothing new there. There's a new plan called One Safe Houston that is being rolled out that apparently only consists of adding more cops to the streets (duh!!!) and working with the FBI and law enforcement agencies more. Woohoo.
My eyes and ears call BS. Theft is rampant right now
They arent getting reported bc people knows its pointless.
Sea Speed
AG
My neighbors boat was stolen from his storage lot 2 days ago. Thank God we don't store ours at the same location.
rilloaggie
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Alex Bregman said:

File5 said:

Watching Sly on Fox 26 right now, and he mentions that crime is down in every category except homicide. Of course that begs the question if the stats are just being padded by not charging people for crimes, and homicide is the only one that you can't get away with given that there's a body. Of course he blames the rise in large part due to the availability of guns and people not being licensed or trained, nothing new there. There's a new plan called One Safe Houston that is being rolled out that apparently only consists of adding more cops to the streets (duh!!!) and working with the FBI and law enforcement agencies more. Woohoo.
My eyes and ears call BS. Theft is rampant right now
They arent getting reported bc people knows its pointless.

Or they get clever with reporting to make things look better. My truck got broken into in San Antonio and the whole thing got caught on dashcam. My pistol was in the hotel so nothing got stolen. Despite the fact I have a repair bill for a broken door lock and video evidence, SAPD just calls that criminal mischief and not vehicle burglary since nothing was stolen. I'm sure HPD has a similarly creative way of classifying crimes to make the stats look better.
File5
AG
Wow, what the heck do you do with a boat? Part it out or what? Got to believe that people with the lake house or whatever that could use the boat wouldn't be the one stealing it, or buying from some sketchy source
MarathonAg12
Remember when Sly made an official Astroworld day for Travis Scott!

Great healthy promotion for the city.
Texaggie7nine
Quote:

PRESS CONFERENCE TODAY REGARDING CONSTABLE HERMAN'S NEW INITIATIVE TO HOLD JUDGES ACCOUNTABLE!!
Today, February 3, 2022, at 1pm, Constable Mark Herman will host a Press Conference to announce a new Initiative his law enforcement agency has implemented to hold Judges/Magistrates ACCOUNTABLE on criminal cases filed by his agency, where they concluded a lack of Probable Cause.
In attendance will be District Attorney Kim Ogg, Harris County Deputies' Organization, Houston Police Officer's Union and Crime Stoppers of Houston.
7nine
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Ogg trying for the "maybe if I pretend to be tough on crime and deflect, the mob will leave me alone" approach. She's not the principal reason for the crime wave, but she shares the blame.
YellAg2004
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Quote:

PRESS CONFERENCE TODAY REGARDING CONSTABLE HERMAN'S NEW INITIATIVE TO HOLD JUDGES ACCOUNTABLE!!
Today, February 3, 2022, at 1pm, Constable Mark Herman will host a Press Conference to announce a new Initiative his law enforcement agency has implemented to hold Judges/Magistrates ACCOUNTABLE on criminal cases filed by his agency, where they concluded a lack of Probable Cause.
In attendance will be District Attorney Kim Ogg, Harris County Deputies' Organization, Houston Police Officer's Union and Crime Stoppers of Houston.

AgLA06
AG
Fingers crossed!

At least it will be entertaining.
one MEEN Ag
AG
File5 said:

Wow, what the heck do you do with a boat? Part it out or what? Got to believe that people with the lake house or whatever that could use the boat wouldn't be the one stealing it, or buying from some sketchy source

Couple of options:
A) boat is going straight to the border and across the lake.
B) find an equivalent, run down boat for sale in a state like Louisiana (that doesn't do titles, but bill of sale). Buy that boat. Declare this stolen boat as that boat, get it retitled in Texas.
C) just take it out of state that doesn't care about titles and forge your way through the bill of sales.

Any other boat scams I'm missing?
Repaint it while your at it.
File5
AG
Not being a boat guy, I appreciate the info. I'll just wait to own a boat until I own the lake house to go with it haha
YellAg2004
AG
A quick scan of 2, 11, 13, & 26 websites don't show anything about this press conference. I wonder if any will carry it or will they be trying to sweep it under the rug.
BBRex
AG
Lights and smooth sidewalks will make it easier on the person who broke into your house and is carrying off your stuff.
maroon barchetta
BBRex said:

Lights and smooth sidewalks will make it easier on the person who broke into your house and is carrying off your stuff.

Well yeah. If they trip on a cracked sidewalk it becomes a lawsuit against the city.
Diggity
AG
It's not a great look but her standing when told to sit isn't going to make the local media salivate.

Texaggie7nine
YellAg2004 said:

A quick scan of 2, 11, 13, & 26 websites don't show anything about this press conference. I wonder if any will carry it or will they be trying to sweep it under the rug.
Perhaps was postponed because of the winter weather?
7nine
Mr. Dubi
Texaggie7nine said:

YellAg2004 said:

link
P.H. Dexippus
AG
never mind, I'm watching a replay

Turner is blaming COVID and guns. No mention of revolving door at courthouse or illegal aliens
Texaggie7nine
Mr. Dubi said:

Texaggie7nine said:

YellAg2004 said:

link
So did they schedule that to overtake Mark Herman's own conference? I didn't see him.
7nine
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Sly says HPD will add additional presence at synagogues and mosques. "As a city, we must condemn antisemitism and islamophobia" and combat violence against "people of color and the LGBTQ community".

I forgot about al those mosque and attacks on minorities by whites. /eyeroll
Mr. Dubi
Texaggie7nine said:

Mr. Dubi said:

Texaggie7nine said:

YellAg2004 said:

link
So did they schedule that to overtake Mark Herman's own conference? I didn't see him.
I don't believe that was a coincidence.
Texaggie7nine
Mr. Dubi said:

Texaggie7nine said:

YellAg2004 said:

link
Go to 31:30 and tell me that the Sherriff didn't almost say a very un PC word.
7nine
Sea Speed
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Sly says HPD will add additional presence at synagogues and mosques. "As a city, we must condemn antisemitism and islamophobia" and combat violence against "people of color and the LGBTQ community".

I forgot about al those mosque and attacks on minorities by whites. /eyeroll

God i hope some candidate shows up and will blast the actual people responsible for this bs and has the strength and money tonwade through the mountains of bull**** racism claims thrown at them. That statement above is complete garbage.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Mr. Dubi said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Mr. Dubi said:

Texaggie7nine said:

YellAg2004 said:

link
I don't believe that was a coincidence.
Someone on the facebook page claims the presser was rescheduled due to weather concerns.
MarathonAg12
He gone
MAROON
AG
Judge lowers 20-year-old capital murder defendant's bond to $50,000; now he's accused of killing someone else (fox26houston.com)

Judge ran on criminals rights so we should not be surprised by her actions.

Natalia Cornelio for Judge | Natalia Cornelio | United States
maroon barchetta
MAROON said:

Judge lowers 20-year-old capital murder defendant's bond to $50,000; now he's accused of killing someone else (fox26houston.com)

Pathetic.

Look at the people that endorsed her. What a load of Lib morons.

She is a racist. If someone of color is charged with a crime, she lets them off very lightly with barely a slap on the wrist bond.
htxag09
AG
**** it. I emailed her campaign address asking what she thought about this case and reasoning for lowering the bond
Mr. Lahey
AG
MAROON said:

Unless this is the same case, this ***** did the same thing in 2020.
maroon barchetta
htxag09 said:

**** it. I emailed her campaign address asking what she thought about this case and reasoning for lowering the bond

I predict a canned response or a lack of response or a "we can't comment on individual cases" response.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Even reddit was all over her ass for this.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
MAROON said:

F that see you nexxt tuesday

Her platform

Quote:

Promote community-centered justice
Justice requires compassion toward all involved and is more than just punishment.

Our justice system needs to be accountable and accessible to the community it serves. Justice should be restorative work between the victim, community, and the defendant.
Quote:

Reduce reliance on incarceration
Incarceration is not the only solution.

When appropriate, we need to expand the use of sentencing alternatives to address the underlying causes of criminal behavior and reduce the economic and social costs of incarceration.
Quote:

Implement pretrial justice
Economic circumstances shouldn't determine freedom before a trial.

We must stop detaining people before trial simply because they cannot afford to pay.
Quote:

Reduce disparities in the justice system
There are gross racial and ethnic disparities in our criminal justice system.

We must acknowledge and work to address these disparities to restore the community's confidence that the system is fair, equitable, and just
Quote:

Improve courtroom process
People seeking justice need to know when they are going to get it.

Our criminal courts need to be efficient, transparent, and implement a fair case management process in order to resolve cases in an appropriate amount of time.
maroon barchetta
Nothing will change until some thug kills one of these judges or one of their family members. Until then it is just someone else's problem.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Quote:

11-year-old dies after being shot outside NE Harris Co. residence, HCSO says
jrrhouston98
AG
Went outside to get a jacket from a car. We should be allowed a feral human hunting season. Just sad.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.