*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

331,661 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg said:

redline248 said:

C@LAg said:

redline248 said:

Btw, which character was Taika?
ig11

No wonder I didn't recognize him
he is trying method acting and lost some weight.
Eat your heart out Daniel Day Lewis
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Have we talked about those flashbacks with young Mando? We speculated a lot about who it could be, but somehow, I don't think anyone floated the idea of it being the Mandalorian himself?

I figured it had to be a flashback though, cause of the prequel-era battle droid in the back. (Thanks SW Theory.)
Oh I think it is definitely the Mando himself.
Ag Since 83
AG
I hope the Mandalorian remembers not to feed that thing after midnight
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I didn't mean to speculate on who it is, it's pretty clear it's him. I can see my post is confusing though.
lunchbox
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I didn't mean to speculate on who it is, it's pretty clear it's him. I can see my post is confusing though.
The speculation for me isn't whether he is THE Mandalorian...but whether he is A Mandalorian.
The Collective
AG
TCTTS said:

I don't know why people are doing that. We don't do it for any other show and it was already decided that this will be a spoiler thread the moment each episode is released. I didn't use spoiler tags for my reaction.

I only did it, because Spilner said he kept accidentally going to the Mandalorian thread, so I decided to at least give it a day so someone didn't mistakenly see something major.
exitone
AG
jokershady said:

All joking aside, I'm wondering if this first episode reveal is possibly indicating something...

palpatine had a bunch of contingency plans to implement in the event of this death. What if one of them was this order to kill the assumed child of Yoda? That would have essentially made the mandalorian employed by palpatine.

We've got approximately 5-6 more episodes before TROS releases in theaters. What if this thing goes way deeper than we had thought?

This is a really good point. What if this is one of the tasks of Operation Cinder?!?!

At this point, we are all guessing, but this is a possibility. And if it is, you can bet there is going to be a tie in to TROS.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good point.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nice of you, but not necessary. I clicked right back out when I did, plus I was the first guy to ask if spoilers were ok.

I think the day after the episode drop is more than enough cushion.
Urban Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

redline248 said:

How long do we have to keep putting specific stuff in spoilers? I hate typing out the code on my phone

I don't know why people are doing that. We don't do it for any other show and it was already decided that this will be a spoiler thread the moment each episode is released. I didn't use spoiler tags for my reaction.
Because we're all scared of being ridiculed by the Rules Gestapo here.
The Collective
AG
Yea, today is totally fine. I planned to watch again last night, so I could discuss more intelligently today, but... my Roku and Disney + disagreed with that plan.
Urban Ag
AG
I couldn't really figure out how to access via Roku either but I didn't invest a lot of time in it.

Just go to Disney + on your phone or PC and create an account.
The Collective
AG
I am getting an error on the app using Roku. I don't have the same issue on my phone, but I am wanting to watch it on my TV. The error is supposedly some type of region/location error based on my google search. I don't use a VPN at my house, so I'm not sure what the issue might be. It worked fine yesterday at 5 am.
bonfarr
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Have we talked about those flashbacks with young Mando? We speculated a lot about who it could be, but somehow, I don't think anyone floated the idea of it being the Mandalorian himself?

I figured it had to be a flashback though, cause of the prequel-era battle droid in the back. (Thanks SW Theory.)

The armorer asking him if his sigil has been revealed yet made me think there is going to be something interesting in his identity. We know he was raised an orphan and the flashbacks make it seem like he lost his.parents in some kind of attack. I don't know enough about Mandalorian history to guess, is there some kind of royal or Noble family on Mandalore he could be descended from?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It was so quick and painless for me. Just went to Channels page, clicked on "New and Notable", and bam. First option.
twilly
AG
bonfarr said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

The armorer asking him if his sigil has been revealed yet made me think there is going to be something interesting in his identity. We know he was raised an orphan and the flashbacks make it seem like he lost his.parents in some kind of attack. I don't know enough about Mandalorian history to guess, is there some kind of royal or Noble family on Mandalore he could be descended from?
Some days it pays to be a Star Wars geek...this is one of them.

Mandalorian House - Wookieepedia
wangus12
AG
twilly said:

bonfarr said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Some days it pays to be a Star Wars geek...this is one of them.

Mandalorian House - Wookieepedia
Yeah they work as clans/houses/tribes. In Clone Wars, there were disputing factions with Obi Wan (and eventually Darth Maul) getting heavily involved.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think part of my slight disappointment in the first episode was the complete lack of context and history of the Mandalorians themselves. Though, I'm hoping this will be revelaed throughout the series.

I guess I was hoping for more of a proper "setup" rather than just dropping us in the middle of the action, but then again, this is Star Wars, not Game of Thrones.
bonfarr
AG
Is there a Cliff's Notes version?
bobinator
AG
Even in Game of Thrones though, we kind of got dropped in at first, and then they built. I imagine that will be the case here.

As we go forward, we'll also go backward.
bobinator
AG
I will go ahead and say I'm out on any theory that involves Clones. I really hope Disney stays away from that in any new shows/movies/etc.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I never realized the guy directing this also directed all of the Clone Wars and Avatar: The Last Airbender.

The feel is very similar, and this has me looking forward to the series even more.
Red Five
AG
lunchbox said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

The speculation for me isn't whether he is THE Mandalorian...but whether he is A Mandalorian.
The Armorer told him that the beskar he brought would be enough to sponsor man other "foundlings," and Mando responds that he was once a foundling. Given the flashback scene, my assumption is that foundlings are war orphans taken in by Mandalorians. It is likely that he is not a genetic Mandalorian, but based on cultural traditions he may earn, by obtaining beskar armor, a sigil, etc., full rights of the tribe.

Just my read on the situation.

edit: it's also possible that there are few, if any, genetic Mandalorians even left. Their "race" may be more based on shared culture than anything else at this point.
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think part of my slight disappointment in the first episode was the complete lack of context and history of the Mandalorians themselves. Though, I'm hoping this will be revelaed throughout the series.

I guess I was hoping for more of a proper "setup" rather than just dropping us in the middle of the action, but then again, this is Star Wars, not Game of Thrones.
The Collective
AG
Think he is going to have some relation (birth or adoption) to House Vizsla.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
It's funny, the technology in the original Star Wars used to seem full of super far off Sci-Fi advanced tech, but watching this same time period now in 2019 its crazy how much our technology has surpassed what was in the OT.

Although I think Nest could make some serious bank selling those gatekeeper droids for door alarms.
redline248
AG
GreasenUSA
AG
bonfarr said:

It's 2 sentences. Can't get much more brief.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ok, what if Yoda discovered a way to jump into clone bodies? (Setting up a similar storyline for Palps in TROS)
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ok, what if Yoda discovered a way to jump into clone bodies? (Setting up a similar storyline for Palps in TROS)

bonfarr
AG
GreasenUSA said:

bonfarr said:

It's 2 sentences. Can't get much more brief.

I am talking about a brief summary of all of those episodes listed, no way I am going to watch all of that.
Hagen95
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So he watched the X-Men movies and figured it out?
exitone
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Cool, but this takes place before TLJ, so I don't think that's it.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

it's also possible that there are few, if any, genetic Mandalorians even left. Their "race" may be more based on shared culture than anything else at this point.
I mean in terms of genetics, the people of Mandalore are human and Mandalorian is the culture. So yeah the race/culture is what it has always been. They've always been warring clans that are known for being badasses. By the time of the Clone Wars though, they'd become a pacifist nation after a civil war. That pacifist faction (New Mandalorians) was overthrown by a faction led by Darth Maul. Darth Sidious overthrew Maul and the Empire took over Mandalore. There was eventually another civil war between factions that were pro/against Empire rule.

Anti-Empire wins and begins to install new leadership to semi-unite the clans, but this is all prior to BBY. Post Empire is probably still the same. The culture is definitely still there.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Any chance we get to see the darksaber in this show?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.