*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

331,535 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Having said all of that I do think this baby will obviously be plot-adjacent to our main storyline.

If they didn't want this baby to have far reaching implications they could have chosen literally any other species. So I do think this baby will mean something for the force and have some big picture plot implications, I just think the theory that they are created by the force itself seems insane.
bobinator
AG
I thought it was Topher Grace for a second.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I will say this much about Yoda's species.

In all the time we've had the EU, it has remained unexplained and mysterious. I don't think this was an accident. Lucas was definitely keeping that species off-limits for writers, because he likely had some idea of what they were in his head, and didn't want anyone contradicting that in the canon.

So, that does lend a bit of credibility to the theories.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
bobinator said:

It's Daredevil, right?

Good for Disney to let him reuse his sunglasses.

?w=620
MandoArms
bobinator said:

Having said all of that I do think this baby will obviously be plot-adjacent to our main storyline.

If they didn't want this baby to have far reaching implications they could have chosen literally any other species. So I do think this baby will mean something for the force and have some big picture plot implications, I just think the theory that they are created by the force itself seems insane.
I wonder if Ahsoka and Sabine come back to take baby Yoda off to training? At the end of Rebels it does show the two of them heading off to search for Ezra, and since Sabine is a Mando then perhaps they will tie her into the show.
IG: mando_arms
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So stupid...but I laughed.

Flashdiaz
AG
don't care for these yoda theories... otherwise, all baby yoda's would be the chosen ones created by the force itself to restore balance.

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
If it's exposing anything it's that it was all made up on-the-fly by a guy named George Lucas, and will likely never make complete sense no matter which way we slice it.
wangus12
AG
Champ Bailey said:

bobinator said:

It's Daredevil, right?

?w=620
I thought it was Roald from Letterkenny

veryfuller
Staff
AG
Can we talk about how the yoda-baby being a baby doesn't make sense? Even if their life-span is 1000, instead of 100....at 50...the baby would be more like a 5 year old than a baby. That has been bothering me today.
Flashdiaz
AG
veryfuller said:

Can we talk about how the yoda-baby being a baby doesn't make sense? Even if their life-span is 1000, instead of 100....at 50...the baby would be more like a 5 year old than a baby. That has been bothering me today.
It's possible all species don't age the same. Maybe that species spends a long time in the infancy stage and shorter time in the adolescent stage... oddly enough that doesn't bother me.
bobinator
AG
Flashdiaz said:

don't care for these yoda theories... otherwise, all baby yoda's would be the chosen ones created by the force itself to restore balance.
Maybe Yoda's have like a rule of three. When one yoda dies, another is born. There's always an older yoda, middle yoda, and baby yoda.
bobinator
AG
Yeah this bothered me at first too but I talked my way around it the same way.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Compare a human newborn to a 15 year old human.

Now compare a 35 year old to a 50 year old.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
wangus12 said:

Champ Bailey said:

bobinator said:

It's Daredevil, right?

?w=620
I thought it was Roald from Letterkenny

Makes sense. He's been practicing his yoda voice for years.
amercer
AG
Probably overthinking the Yoda baby. Clearly it's a super rare species that's super powerful with the force. That's enough to make the show work.

Hopefully Lucas didn't keep this species off limits all this time just to drop some midoclorian bull**** in a TV show.
bobinator
AG
workshopping a 'Yoda baby' music video for the holiday season set to 'Santa Baby.'

'Yoda baby, did the force create you or not,
Yoda baby, where do you fit into the plot..."
bobinator
AG
Speaking of midichlorian bull****, have we talked about the fobs yet? What's up with that? Everyone has some kind of like... tracker?
TCTTS
AG
I didn't get that either.
gougler08
AG
bobinator said:

Speaking of midichlorian bull****, have we talked about the fobs yet? What's up with that? Everyone has some kind of like... tracker?
Seems like bounty hunting would be pretty easy if that was all you had to do
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
MandoArms
I figured all the bail jumpers had trackers. Not sure every bounty will have one. Some might just have a puck with General info.
IG: mando_arms
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
gougler08
AG
BrownCoat said:

I figured all the bail jumpers had trackers. Not sure every bounty will have one. Some might just have a puck with General info.
Bail jumpers and baby Yoda's apparently
Flashdiaz
AG
perhaps finding the babies and perps isn't the hard part, it's the extraction.

which if that's the case, why not send a bunch of bounty droids... and what does a droid want with money anyway? upgrade to SSD?
amercer
AG
Droids cost money. The dead are free [\Longshanks]
redline248
AG
Maybe the fob was tied to the pokeball, rather than the baby. Lots of questions, but the imperial obviously knew of its existence, so maybe he knew a large group was hiding him...

But yeah, the tracking system is questionable

Was Nick Nolte an Ugnaught or a new species?
bonfarr
AG
Flashdiaz said:

perhaps finding the babies and perps isn't the hard part, it's the extraction.

which if that's the case, why not send a bunch of bounty droids... and what does a droid want with money anyway? upgrade to SSD?

I assumed the Droid was working on behalf of it's master. It would be damn lucrative to have a few dozen bounty droids working for you collecting all those bounties while you chill at the cantina in Mos Eisley.
Mac94
AG
Is it possible that the Empire had DNA tracks on creatures that had a criminal history or could be considered a threat in some way? A yoda species baby that existed during the reign of the Empire may have fallen into that group.

In other news ... the Star Wars Holiday Special is now cannon. Life Day anyone?
Stewade
Staff
AG
amercer said:

Probably overthinking the Yoda baby. Clearly it's a super rare species that's super powerful with the force. That's enough to make the show work.

I think if they hadn't specifically mentioned that he was 50 years old, I'd agree with you that we are overthinking it. But they didn't just throw that number out there for no reason - they knew we'd all do the math and start theorizing.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Stewade said:

amercer said:

I think if they hadn't specifically mentioned that he was 50 years old, I'd agree with you that we are overthinking it. But they didn't just throw that number out there for no reason - they knew we'd all do the math and start theorizing.

Just make sure Beware of Doug throws that in the LSU run the numbers. TCTTS approves
bearamedic99
AG
What did you guys think about the throwback black and white vision when he was looking through the scope?

Cool and retro? Dumb and should have been updated with new tech?

I'm in the latter camp
Satellite of Love
I was stoked to see an IG droid wrecking shop. Too bad it was IG-88A, B, C, or D. Probably just a generic version.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
wangus12
AG
Satellite of Love said:

I was stoked to see an IG droid wrecking shop. Too bad it was IG-88A, B, C, or D. Probably just a generic version.

But it was IG-11?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.