*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

331,553 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I kind of hope there is no massive attempt to tie the Mandalorian in, but I guess that is impossible now given the introduction of a force user.
redline248
AG
It's not impossible, but it certainly seems to be likely, somehow. I hope they come up with a "normal" reason for there being a baby like this.

Clone would suck
Sith magic would suck
random force manifestation would suck
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
redline248
AG
fine

"... would probably suck"

However, if we keep going with Sith can just manipulate the force to create life or extend life, maybe I want to be one. That's some of the most powerful Force use we've ever seen.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
These are the end-times. My non Star Wars liking wife just watched and enjoyed the first episode.
MandoArms
bonfarr said:

Ban Cow Gas said:

Etsy (custom made) has some Baby Yoda items.

I bought a shirt but it ships from Australia.
Australia getting back at Disney for not releasing the Mandalorian there by being the first to sell baby yoda merch...well played kangaroos.
IG: mando_arms
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

These are the end-times. My non Star Wars liking wife just watched and enjoyed the first episode.
Urban Ag
AG
I just have a hard time believing that given the timing of this series relative to the release of TROS that the baby Yoda doesn't tie in with it.

Whether you like the idea or hate it, a cloned Yoda would tie in to the rumor mill. Maybe is baby Yoda, it's the vehicle to introduce or even just hint that the Empire/Palpatine was experimenting with Force sensitive cloning.

Ep7 of the Mando is 12/20, the day TROS officially releases.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Mandalorian really did come at a perfect time.

TLJ seems to have torn apart the fanbase, Solo did pretty much nothing to help, and it feels like the franchise has been in tatters since then.

Now this series comes out, and seems to be getting near-universal praise, with Baby Yoda as the breakout star that everybody loves. Not to mention Kuill. ("I have spoken.")

I don't know if it'll make any difference at the box office come December, but it certainly is cool and refreshing that this came out just in the nick of time to get people excited about Star Wars again.

This could well end up being the turning point of the Disney era...
redline248
AG
Here's an issue with introducing a clone of Yoda: There's no reason to care that he died in Return of the Jedi. Does anyone believe that Disney would let a clone of Yoda go to the dark side?

If they are truly ending the Skywalker Saga, in which Yoda has a massive role, why clone him?

Obviously, Rise could end up making it all make sense and be compelling...but I don't expect it. Probably gonna have some JJ-Trek-tribbles moment.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Yes!
Urban Ag
AG
Agreed.

But I think this was more than perfect timing after going back and looking up the dates of key news releases.

3/8/18 - Disney announces Favreau will write and exec produce the first series on D+. By this point Disney is well aware that while TLJ is a great financial success, it's received poorly by a good portion of the fan base

10/3/18 - Favreau announces a pretty stellar team of directors (Filoni, Chow, Waitit, etc). This is in the aftermath of Solo which pretty much bombed by SW standards

I think the execs committed big time to bringing in heavy hitters for the Mando, in the wake of TLJ and Solo. Further, the baby Yoda is huge. Huge. This opens the series up to a much larger audience in terms of viewers and merchandizing. Case in point, my wife wants to start watching now and only because she loves the baby Yoda thing (reminds her of Gizmo, she's an 80's kid like me).

This is really, really, smart. Well planned and executed.

And....that's what brings me to believe that the bay Yoda thing is going to somehow tie in to TROS. Disney is forgoing millions and millions in holiday season revenues by not getting baby Yoda in to the trailers like it did the other characters. If it is true that they truly kept it a secret and away from the toy companies and such, It's probably because they needed to stave off any spoilers that tie in to TROS. Otherwise, why not have that stuff in the stores now?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The Mandalorian really did come at a perfect time.

TLJ seems to have torn apart the fanbase, Solo did pretty much nothing to help, and it feels like the franchise has been in tatters since then.

Now this series comes out, and seems to be getting near-universal praise, with Baby Yoda as the breakout star that everybody loves. Not to mention Kuill. ("I have spoken.")

I don't know if it'll make any difference at the box office come December, but it certainly is cool and refreshing that this came out just in the nick of time to get people excited about Star Wars again.

This could well end up being the turning point of the Disney era...

Between Mando, Disney+ allowing me to watch Rebels for the first time, and Jedi:Fallen Order coming out last Friday, I'm at near constant Star Wars activities in my free time right now. And boy does it get me excited for the last Skywalker movie, no matter how much it will probably disappoint me.
Urban Ag
AG
I think it's going to make a difference at the box office. It's reinvigorating SW hype in general. And for smaller children the baby Yoda angle is going to make more kids bug their parents to take them to see the latest SW movie, whether they really give a rip about the Skywalker saga or not. IMO.
The Collective
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Urban Ag
AG
This assumes baby Yoda survives.

The Collective
AG
I think we get some answers on baby Yoda this week. The free trial period has ended for many, so this was a nice carrot to keep people engaged.
redline248
AG
Quote:

And....that's what brings me to believe that the bay Yoda thing is going to somehow tie in to TROS. Disney is forgoing millions and millions in holiday season revenues by not getting baby Yoda in to the trailers like it did the other characters. If it is true that they truly kept it a secret and away from the toy companies and such, It's probably because they needed to stave off any spoilers that tie in to TROS. Otherwise, why not have that stuff in the stores now?
How does not showing it in trailers, but still have it be out there a month before the movie stop any spoiler action?

As to it surviving...

The only thing worse than Disney making a Yoda clone go dark side is killing a Yoda clone while it's a baby!
Urban Ag
AG
Maybe not.

They purposely highlighted that using the Force wore him out to the point that it was long nap time. What if he did something very heroic, using the Force, that saved the Mando and other innocents? But it's too much for him to recover from and he just peacefully becomes one with the Force ala old Yoda, Luke, etc. ?? It's a passing we've already seen and wouldn't be immensely shocking.

I hope you didn't think I'm actually proposing some gruesome death. Come on.

But you said it yourself. We now have a force sensitive being, post ROTJ, that is either a clone of Yoda or the same species. Cats out of the bag. Why? And what now?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dro07
AG
Shut ur mouth!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
If they kill baby yoda off they might as well just kill off Mickey Mouse at this point. it would be STUPID. If he is dead in the last episode I would be looking for a quick rewrite.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
israeliag
AG
The next trilogy will be about Baby Yoda
The Collective
AG
The Collective
AG
Drop Episode 3 of The Mandalorian tonight, you must.
redline248
AG
CJS4715 said:

Begging for a photoshop
The Collective
AG
Total haters gonna hate gif... I feel like directors are very aware of the gif culture now.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Does it drop at midnight?
The Collective
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

Does it drop at midnight?

Midnight pacific was the speculation that I saw, but I think the one last week dropped even later than that.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I wish I was young and could stay up later than 10:00.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Last one dropped at 2am central
wangus12
AG
Internet isn't gonna be fixed till Saturday so I'll be watching tomorrow morning at work
The Collective
AG
Nice.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.