*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

320,915 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's just something that was never announced before. Same with Michael Beihn and Jamie Lee Curtis.

Chances are they're all fairly small parts. 1-2 eps tops.
fig96
AG
AgfromHOU
AG
Really milking it aren't they
fig96
AG
Probably a bit, but if you're at all into filmmaking or Star Wars this is should be pretty fantastic.

They used some legit groundbreaking tech in making the series and I can't wait to get some of the behind the scenes there.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Can't wait.
redline248
AG
I'm currently not going to get my hopes up for having Ahsoka in for more than 1 episode
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm currently getting my hopes up that that is not the case.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Giancarlo Esposito confirms he's using the darksaber some in Season 2 in a Variety interview

The show's Season 1 finale (spoiler alert!) had Gideon emerging from an old TIE fighter with a rarely seen darksaber in tow.
"Moff is very different from Gus Fring. He wields his own darksaber. He does his own dirty work and is certainly willing to. He's much more volatile, he's much more of the warrior and that could tell us some things about him next season," said Esposito.
Viewers can expect plenty of darksaber-wielding from Gideon: Esposito said he broke several of the iconic props from the "Star Wars" universe while shooting Season 2.
"I've gone through two, three? Three and a half, I think I've broken already. But I go at it. Like, I go at it. I've broken few of them to the point where the [prop] guys, they love me," recalled Esposito. "'Just so you know,' they whisper to me, 'we only have one more.'"
redline248
AG
Sure, why not. Once you let a run of the mill stormtrooper fight with one, might as well let an Imperial officer.
twilly
AG

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248
AG
I absolutely love the use of this gif

and laugh at the fake excitement from all those extras, every time
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Finally got Disney plus and watched this, if anyone wants to talk about it.

Didn't look to see how many episodes, so that ended quickly.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Go back to Page 1. We'll talk again in 2 weeks.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

TCTTS said:

Ha, no. Boba is already dead. He died in Return of the Jedi and this is like 5-7 years after ROTJ. Same klan or people or whatever, though.
Would be great for him to meet an old clonetrooper or 2 though sometime in the show and have Temeura Morrison at his current age or even made to look older fill in.
Sweet Jesus I was a fortune teller in August 2019!
oragator
I finally watched season 1 this week. Absolutely loved it. Because it had been out there for forever, the BY thing wasn't a surprise but still great to see.
I went back and read the whole thread, I completely agree with someone who said JF should have directed the last three, this one finally got the tone and feel right. Gritty but uplifting, sci-fi but not cartoonish. And I love how they live in the SW universe without the constant fanboy stuff and Easter eggs as props for a mediocre or reductive plot.
I didn't know the back story in the lightsaber so have to read up on it.

And seriously, not that this is news, but BY is so cute it almost hurts. Women actually have this show rated higher than men, BY is clearly the biggest reason.

But overall how genius was the design of this show?
jokershady
AG
oragator said:

I finally watched season 1 this week. Absolutely loved it. Because it had been out there for forever, the BY thing wasn't a surprise but still great to see.
I went back and read the whole thread, I completely agree with someone who said JF should have directed the last three, this one finally got the tone and feel right. Gritty but uplifting, sci-fi but not cartoonish. And I love how they live in the SW universe without the constant fanboy stuff and Easter eggs as props for a mediocre or reductive plot.
I didn't know the back story in the lightsaber so have to read up on it.

And seriously, not that this is news, but BY is so cute it almost hurts. Women actually have this show rated higher than men, BY is clearly the biggest reason.

But overall how genius was the design of this show?

so when are you going to watch season 2?????

And yes, even though at this point I was 100% caught up on clone wars and rebels I still had to go back and refresh my memory on the dark saber….there's a few good YouTube videos that sum it up pretty well in less than 10 minutes
The Porkchop Express
jokershady said:

so when are you going to watch season 2?????

WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
oragator
In the next week or two.

I didn't have the Disney bundle until a week or two ago. This show was one of the first I picked up. After I finish that I will watch Obi-Wan.

Watching Killing Eve and Only Murders in the a building on Hulu as well.

I tried Handmaid's tale, was OK but not really my thing. May come back to it at some point, not sure.

TCTTS
AG
It's pretty bad overall, but The Book of Boba Fett eventually becomes season 2.5 of Mando, and the Mando stuff in it is great. It's also essential for Mando season 3, which drops in February. So I would watch that before Obi-Wan, just FYI.
oragator
Thanks.

jokershady
AG
What TC said.

It'll also give you the opportunity to have the same let down we all did after the epicness that was Mando S2

Mando S2
BoBF
Obiwan
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I just saw Heat.
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I just saw Heat.
I was hoping for this!

WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Sea Speed
AG
twilly said:

I had heard about new filming technologies used on this show, but I didn't realize they shot almost the entire series indoors.

I legitimately dont understand how that is possible. this is like 4 years old now so tech has gotten much more advanced, but Holy cow, nothing anywhere is ever real.

Also I just finished season one and all the people complaining about the style and story are proof that some people just can't be happy no matter what. Someone makes a badass show with all kinds of cool star wars **** in it and people ***** about it not being good enough. As a complete non star wars person, I binged watch this show hard, amd I never catch more than one episode of anything at a time. The show was freaking fantastic. As a matter of fact, I hammered out season 2 the next day because this thing sucked me in so hard.
jeffk
AG
I clicked on this thread thinking it was the S3 thread and boy, was I ever confused there for a few minutes.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Sea Speed said:

twilly said:

I had heard about new filming technologies used on this show, but I didn't realize they shot almost the entire series indoors.

I legitimately dont understand how that is possible. this is like 4 years old now so tech has gotten much more advanced, but Holy cow, nothing anywhere is ever real.

Also I just finished season one and all the people complaining about the style and story are proof that some people just can't be happy no matter what. Someone makes a badass show with all kinds of cool star wars **** in it and people ***** about it not being good enough. As a complete non star wars person, I binged watch this show hard, amd I never catch more than one episode of anything at a time. The show was freaking fantastic. As a matter of fact, I hammered out season 2 the next day because this thing sucked me in so hard.

Well. Do yourself a favor and stop after season 2.
Sea Speed
AG
Does season 3 blow?
jeffk
AG
It's fine. Same problems that were present in S1 and S2 are remarkably still there in S3.
Sea Speed
AG
jeffk said:

It's fine. Same problems that were present in S1 and S2 are remarkably still there in S3.

Well that's good because I didn't see any problems so I will probably start it tonight.
jeffk
AG
This is the way.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.