*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

331,548 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow that I was not expecting
wangus12
AG
tk for tu juan said:

wangus12 said:

The speeder driver is from somewhere and I can't place it

Was it Brian Posehn? It was a deadpan comedian

Yep that's him
wangus12
AG
Quick non-spoiler reaction.

Looks great! Love the entire feel of it. So glad to be back in the galaxy far, far away and at the same with a completely new set of characters.

Looking forward to getting more and more back story on the Mando.

Sets look great, but still film somewhat generic as is Star Wars. Maybe the galaxy only has one school of architectural design.

The reveal at the end definitely has me hooked.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
tk for tu juan
Definitely a nice hook at the end of the episode. Liked the illustrations during the end credits.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Yep, I'm hooked. That first episode was a great intro.

Now I'm going to get in trouble with my wife for having watched without her, but SHE didn't get up at 12:15 to feed the baby, I DID!

Baby Y is freaking adorable, Will they merchandise it? This could be this years Christmas drama toy

Now it's going to take all my willpower not to binge watch this...
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
wangus12 said:

tk for tu juan said:

wangus12 said:

The speeder driver is from somewhere and I can't place it

Was it Brian Posehn? It was a deadpan comedian

Yep that's him
Definitely, and I had the same reaction, knew I knew him immediately from the voice and eyes, but knew I'd have to look him up

Also, Chubbs from Happy Gilmore!

not sure if spoilery, but just in case... I loved IG11. From the way he moved, to his personality, to his curt replies... very awesome, and instantly in my Top 3 droids with R2D2 and K2SO.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Also, nice tie in to Rebels with the Bluurgs (S3, E5)
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
GreasenUSA
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Now it's going to take all my willpower not to binge watch this...

Good thing you can't. Episode 2 doesn't come out until Friday.

I'm in. Great first episode. Loved the droid.
dave94
AG
I gave in and watched it even though I should be asleep. Definitely a nice start, can't wait to see where it goes!
Azariah
AG
That was great. So happy to have a live action Star Wars show. I've wanted this for 40 years.
TCTTS
AG
The Collective
AG
Watched this morning. Interested to see where it goes.
HossAg
AG
I'm hooked.
The Collective
AG
I don't know if this is relevant, but just thought I'd post it. Thinking through the timeline... 50 years old would put the baby's birth pretty damn close to Anakin's birth.
wangus12
AG
The droid reminded me of HK - 47 from the KOTOR games
Ag Since 83
AG
Holy crap that reveal at the end!

I didn't really like the opening, as the blue guy seemed out of place, more Guardians of the Galaxy than Star Wars, but once he went into carbonite I was hooked
wangus12
AG
Also did anyone catch the mention of Life Day by the blue dude (who I also agree was the one part that seemed more GOTG than SW).
heddleston
AG
That little nugget cracked me up.

I hadn't done much research beyond the trailer and teasers, so I wasn't entirely sure what I was getting into. That. Was. Awesome. The feel, the music, the concept art during the end credits, it was everything I want in a western and in Star Wars. I'm hooked.
Madmarttigan
AG
Can't wait
wangus12
AG
I liked the simplicity of it, like it felt like they had enough confidence to sit back and have the production design, the acting, talk between the lines rather than lay everything out in exposition - which is a balance some SW films... including some overall good ones.. haven't always managed to hit.

Best example of this IMO was Herzog's character. He's perfectly cast and just sells ruined grandeur well. You look at him, sat in a dingy hovel, and it tells you all you need to know about the political context and table-setting of this era of the universe - this is a guy who, a few years back, probably had entire Star Destroyer fleets at his beck and call, maybe whole planets or systems. You can imagine him striding across the deck Tarkin style. And now he can't even keep his troops clean, and has to keep operations running by basically hawking the SW equivalent of nazi gold to people he knows would and could shoot him in the face. And despite all that, he still feels dangerous.

Another thing I noticed watching again this morning was the Mandolorian blacksmith had horns on the top of her helmet. I wonder if this a callback to Clone Wars when Maul took over Mandalore
twilly
AG
So many details...so many repeat watchings!
lunchbox
twilly said:

So many details...so many repeat watchings!
I made sure to watch it this morning...you know...to make sure it was "safe" for the kids....

I guess I will sacrifice this evening and watch it again with them.
twilly
AG
Dog woke me up early this morning. Got to watch before everybody was having issues. What was cool for me was they re-edited the sizzle trailer they showed at Celebration. Looked like they made it darker and grittier. But the overall look and feel....this is what I wanted in a Star Wars show!!!!

Dog gets an extra treat for his efforts this morning.
TripleSec
AG
Wish I could watch. Stupid Disney with its crappy rollout. Get more bandwidth and more servers you IT monkeys. Always under estimate the need.
The Collective
AG
wangus12 said:

Also did anyone catch the mention of Life Day by the blue dude (who I also agree was the one part that seemed more GOTG than SW).

Made me smile for sure
twilly
AG
CJS4715 said:

wangus12 said:

Made me smile for sure
Made my heart fill with lots of Lumpy Love.
MandoArms
My dog also woke me up super early so I watched it before my morning run and I am completely hooked.

So they are keeping his clan/sigil identity a secret for now so that will be interesting to watch unfold. I wonder if there is any chance he is the son of a Clone that deserted? What other Mando clans would be worthy of a big reveal?
IG: mando_arms
My Dad Earl
AG
Do they not release the episodes all at once? Will it be a week to week thing?
bonfarr
AG
How are you guys able to watch, I am unable to connect.
Unnecessary Deafness
AG
bonfarr said:

This mine says sorry unable to connect right now.
heddleston
AG
Tweet on the previous page said weekly episodes on Fridays including this week
wangus12
AG
bonfarr said:

Watched it last night at midnight

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.