*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

325,894 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The reveal at the end
MandoArms
I Have Spoken said:

The reveal at the end

Black Saber!! I hope we get Sabine and Ahsoka next season!
IG: mando_arms
Ag Since 83
AG
I liked where they left it. Really looking forward to next season
jabberwalkie09
AG
The Darksaber has appeared on screen in a live action format. Can't wait to see how that plays out. Guess we will find out how he got it. Liked the call back to TCW, I think that uniform/armor coloration that we see in the episode was from TCW.

I like that they left us an antagonist. That way they don't have to build up a new one next season. And I also liked how the quick exposition were got on Gideon made him appear quite dangerous.
TXAG 05
AG
Great episode and great way to set up for the next season.
kyledr04
AG
Awesome episode. The saber at the end was a surprise.

They should make Jon Favreu head of Lucasfilm.
WES2006AG
AG
Great way to wrap up the season.

I thought for a moment when the female Mandalorian was forging things she was about to make BY a helmet. That would have been awesome.
bonfarr
AG
Did Mando go back and bury Kiull? I thought he was going back to find.him but then he and Baby Yoda were back in the ship. If he didn't recover the body that kinda sucks.
Ambres
AG
Ok that was a great eps .. love even the opening with the two scouts missing the can. Their conversation was great.. "he shot one of his officer" .

Was disappointed that it wasn't Obiwan who saved him or Ahsoka Tanno .. either one would have been a nice nod .. especially if they were leading the Mando against the separatist droids.

Still surprise the armorer stayed.. feel like they did that solely so she wasn't traveling with him. .. and it failed the logic test... she would not have stayed to be attacked.

Overall, this has been a great series and can't wait for season 2.
jabberwalkie09
AG
bonfarr said:

Did Mando go back and bury Kiull? I thought he was going back to find.him but then he and Baby Yoda were back in the ship. If he didn't recover the body that kinda sucks.

Yes. He buried him under rocks and used Kuill's helmet as the marker.
Coppell97
AG
Amazing show. Amazing season. I love that baby Yoda is part of the Mandalorian clan of 2. IG-11 was awesome. Liked the biker scout dialogue in the beginning. Favreau has brought some Marvel into the SW franchise. Was great.
lunchbox
I didn't get a good look at his signet. Any speculation as to what it is? I was hoping it might be a baby yoda but I saw enough to know it wasn't.
Coppell97
AG
Looks like it was the mudhorn signet he refused a while back.
Saxsoon
AG
The first 6 minutes were peak taika. The troopers missing the can was glorious.

Also favreau is such a mandalorian fanboy. He voices pre viszla in clone wars and wields the dark saber. Voices a viszla in this series and then drops the dark saber at the end.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
tamusc
AG
Coppell97 said:

Looks like it was the mudhorn signet he refused a while back.
Yep, that's exactly what it was.
TXAG 05
AG
Were the troopers that grabbed BY anyone famous? Thought their voices sounded familiar but couldn't place them.
johncAG
AG
Adam Pally and Jason Sudekis
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Sudekis! I knew it, that guy is fantastic.

IG-11 straight up Terminator move getting out into the lava.

The R2 unit that turns into the poleman - straight up Charon from the River Styx in Greek mythology and quite literally taking them to hell in the form of the stormtrooper ambush.

Little surprised Gideon was willing to compromise the Child at the end. In 7 he states how important recovering it is to him, I guess if all of his troops are dead by the end of 8 he'd rather lose the asset than have it get away.

Azariah
AG
lunchbox said:

I didn't get a good look at his signet. Any speculation as to what it is? I was hoping it might be a baby yoda but I saw enough to know it wasn't.

It was the mudhorn. Now that it was defeated by his clan he's earned the signet.
Thought the back and forth dialogue between the two stormtroopers was hilarious. Not a Star War geek so I googled the DarkSaber after its reveal. Between the current movies and this show, I beginning to immerse myself with Star War more so than any point of my life. I still haven't seen the tv show The clone Wars or Rebels. I googled the shows to get an idea on their timeline and what they are about. Should I see them? Which one first?
ja86
AG
clone wars first, there are viewing guides out there that show suggested viewing orders so that you can skip the fluff.
Saxsoon
AG
#1 said:

Thought the back and forth dialogue between the two stormtroopers was hilarious. Not a Star War geek so I googled the DarkSaber after its reveal. Between the current movies and this show, I beginning to immerse myself with Star War more so than any point of my life. I still haven't seen the tv show The clone Wars or Rebels. I googled the shows to get an idea on their timeline and what they are about. Should I see them? Which one first?

Clone Wars. The relationship of Obi Wan and anakin is top tier and completely redeems the anakin from the films (also the voice actor shows up in the prison episode as the republic guard in blue). Also Ahsoka who is anakins apprentice is introduced (her voice appears to Rey in the latest film.) Mandalore is a huge component in later seasons and the dark saber is introduced.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Gangnam Style
AG
Havent really watched rebels, but Sabine gave the Darksaber to Bo Katan and now Moff Gideon has it?
My Dad Earl
AG
The dialogue with the scout troopers at the beginning and them trying to shoot the can on the ground ranks among the most entertaining scenes in the entire franchise IMO.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Gangnam Style said:

Havent really watched rebels, but Sabine gave the Darksaber to Bo Katan and now Moff Gideon has it?

Pretty sure that's right. They mentioned The Purge of Mandalore a few times this season. I assume that it's something similar to what happened to the Lasat, basically genocide.
jeffk
AG
ja86 said:

clone wars first, there are viewing guides out there that show suggested viewing orders so that you can skip the fluff.

Curious, do you have a viewing plan you'd recommend? I looked up a few, but they included all the episodes from all the seasons. Don't have the time for all that.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Clone wars

Rebels
Coppell97
AG
I put The Mandalorian season 1 up there with original Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back. I think the Mandalorian Season 1 is better than the new trilogy.
rhutton125
AG
Best Star War since Knights of the Old Republic? I guess I haven't played Fallen Order or watched the cartoon, though.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Dang that was cool
jokershady
AG
Wow! Such an amazing episode!

My wife got a little sad when IG-11 took himself out. That was VERY well done!

Dark saber at the end was a sick reveal!

Question! The necklace around BY neck at the end....that was Boba Fetts sigent wasn't it? Did I miss how BY got it?

Good grief I can't believe how amazing this show has turned out!!!! Can't wait for the second season!!!

EDIT: my wife wants to watch this episode again tomorrow (our 1 year old was being a little disruptive). That's how good it was!
Kate Beckett
AG
I think he gave the pendant to Cara when he thought he wasn't going to make it
FancyKetchup14
AG
nm
bluefire579 said:

The real question is, will we get to see a live action darksaber?

Good call.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.