*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

331,532 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What do y'all think baby Yodas first words are going to be?

I'm thinking he says, "Mando" at a particularly crucial time
Objective Aggie
AG
jokershady
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"Bad feeling, I have."
Dro07
AG
Do man
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
"See the rise of Skywalker you must. Tickets still available they are."
bonfarr
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Coming to Walmart...in May.

They need to sell early bird packages for Christmas like Kenner did in '77.

Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
TCTTS
AG

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-mandalorian-disney-plus-is-top-tv-show-in-world-2019-12
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Speculations:

1. Baby Y survives and would be 75-85 in TFA, TLJ, TRoS? Emperors apprentice?

2. Baby Y had DNA / genetic samples taken by Dr. Pershing, and the Kaminoans and Dr. Pershing later used that Genetic sampling to create a clone of Luke or the Emperor (Rey) but infused the clone (Rey) with Yoda-species DNA for heightened force abilities and Long life...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
stop drinking and go to bed
Aggie_3
bobinator said:

I'm not even sure if 'weak' is the right word, because like I said it has some really good parts... it just felt... I dunno, 'off' I guess. When it ended my wife and I both were like 'that was kinda weird.'

If I had to nail down one thing that just seemed odd it was how quickly the relationships formed between the characters on this episode. I know that's the nature of the show, but it just seemed like a feature-length movies worth of character development in like 10 minutes. This lady on the planet decides in like 20 seconds she wants to settle down with a guy who won't take off his helmet?

The whole thing just rang a little weird to me.

It is the way
Aggie_3
TheEyeGuy said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

So there's a black market for BY toys. Get a load of this one from Etsy...

KILL IT WITH FIRE

https://nypost.com/2019/11/27/theres-now-a-black-market-for-baby-yoda-toys-some-creepier-than-others/
God, I need to drop a baby Yoda on the side of and AR and watch some liberal heads explode over it.

Yes yes you do
PatAg
AG
I hope Baby Yoda talks normally, and it turns out Yoda was actually mentally handicapped. Hence, being so strong with the force.

Too dark?
EMY92
AG
bonfarr said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Coming to Walmart...in May.

They need to sell early bird packages for Christmas like Kenner did in '77.

I was a happy kid when I unwrapped many Kenner products on Christmas Day in '77.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Anyone else here notice when Mando walks it sounds like he's wearing spurs? Helps add to the already western vibe.
Kate Beckett
AG
Early bird packages sound wonderful.
jokershady
AG
PatAg said:

I hope Baby Yoda talks normally, and it turns out Yoda was actually mentally handicapped. Hence, being so strong with the force.

Too dark?
I laughed way too hard at this
Objective Aggie
AG
Speaking of westerns, does anyone else gets a vibe from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly for The Mandalorian?

It seems to have some some spaghetti western influences. Music. Color. Minimal language. Bounty hunters.
bonfarr
AG
I definitely get a Sergio Leone feel to the movie with a little of the 1950s era cliffhangers like Flash Gordon .
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
The Collective
AG
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
bobinator
AG
I'm reasonably confident that the plots of episodes 6 and/or 7 are going to have something to do with The Rise of Skywalker.
Flashdiaz
AG
I really don't want to see any more ROS footage so I may skip episode 7 until after I see ROS.

May need someone here to nonspoilerishly tell me if I need to watch Mandalorian ep7 beforehand or not.
bobinator
AG
I'm going to be in Germany and don't think I'll have any way of watching the Mandalorian...
Rudyjax
AG
bobinator said:

I'm going to be in Germany and don't think I'll have any way of watching the Mandalorian...

VPN?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm gonna be spending that entire week doing a full Star Wars marathon with some buddies. We're definitely setting aside time to watch Chapter 7 on Wednesday.
TCTTS
AG
I don't doubt that there could be some kind of vague nod to TROS, but the level of coordination required to have either episode 7 or 8 of The Mandalorian directly reference or reveal some kind of TROS nugget would be fairly complex. When Favreau was writing the episodes, he couldn't have possibly known the exact dates the episodes would air, much less the date Disney+ itself was going to debut. We're talking a timeline of well over a year ago, if not a couple years ago or more. Granted, there could have been some loose plan or talks with Abrams/Lucasfilm/Disney, but I seriously doubt that all parties involved were able to orchestrate with such precision that far back. I hope I'm wrong, though.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
I will say, there *are* rumors of a pretty big/awesome reveal toward the end of this season, but if true, it has nothing to do with TROS. I won't even hint at here, but people will lose their minds if and when it does happen.
Flashdiaz
AG
Please be zombie Darth Maul.

I kid
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Laura Dern claims to have spotted Baby Yoda... at an NBA game.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/laura-dern-baby-yoda-1203422539/

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm laughing like an idiot picturing Baby Yoda sitting courtside at a Clippers game.
213 Grove
AG
The Disney app? I was just in London and Paris and it allow me to download and watch on my phone
Urban Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

I will say, there *are* rumors of a pretty big/awesome reveal toward the end of this season, but if true, it has nothing to do with TROS. I won't even hint at here, but people will lose their minds if and when it does happen.
put it in spoiler tags or post a link

you're killing me Smalls

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.