*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

325,899 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
IMO, the music feels way too bombastic and celebratory at the end of the episodes, and a little bit here and there throughout. I really love the moodier elements of the score, but there are times when it goes full-on big and cheesy and definitely feels out of place.
PatAg
AG
A lot if it makes me think of James Bond films...or maybe XxX
TXAG 05
AG
Pretty good so far. Definitely interested to see where they go with it.

Had to look up Yaddle. Have absolutely no memory of there being another Yoda like creature.
YouBet
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Had to look up Yaddle. Have absolutely no memory of there being another Yoda like creature.
Agreed. News to me.
maca1028
The music and end credits reminds me of Spartacus.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

You had to be a pretty hardcore sw nerd to know about yaddle. There are no direct shots of her in TPM but the star wars insider mag had a pic of her a couple of months before the movie came out that flipped people out. Then nothing came of her and she got killed in a comic book. Almost felt like someone created her and Lucas decided to minimize it at the 11th hour, sort of like aurra sing or the origin of the red guards.
YouBet
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Cstrickland05 said:

You had to be a pretty hardcore sw nerd to know about yaddle. There are no direct shots of her in TPM but the star wars insider mag had a pic of her a couple of months before the movie came out that flipped people out. Then nothing came of her and she got killed in a comic book. Almost felt like someone created her and Lucas decided to minimize it at the 11th hour, sort of like aurra sing or the origin of the red guards.
Ah, so there was no other Yoda creature in the movie then. Thanks. I thought I was losing my mind. Never heard of her and didn't think there was another one in the movie.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
You can see her in a couple of long shots of the council in tpm. I haven't watched it on disney plus yet but i bet if you freeze those shots you can see her. Guy with crazy neck on background is distracting but she is there.
Chalupa Batman
AG

She's in one scene in TPM but I never caught it.

Also count me as one of the few that likes the music.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
E
AG
During the maintenance montage I couldn't help but think....

easttexasaggie04
AG
Even Rocky had a montage
birdman
Love the first two episodes. I thought the music was terrific. It fit in perfectly.
YouBet
AG
Chalupa Batman said:

My god she's hideous. Looks like something out of Evil Dead.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
easttexasaggie04
AG
She only looks ugly because there's two hotties next to her in comparison.
bobinator
AG
Not sure what I think about baby yoda having (and seemingly being able to willingly use) the force
amercer
AG
He's really more of a toddler
The Collective
AG
bobinator said:

Not sure what I think about baby yoda having (and seemingly being able to willingly use) the force

It seems they are tearing down the training part of it.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
This is 5 years after ROTJ. Its possible that Yoda himself trained "baby yoda" on Dagobah. We don't know what Yoda was doing with his time on that planet.
bobinator
AG
I guess...

I'm actually wondering if perhaps 'baby yoda' isn't as much of a baby as it wants everyone to think it is.
The Collective
AG
The last episode being consumed by a side mission reminded me so much of a random one off episode of Rebels, and how they use that to build in a major story point or interaction between the main characters. Really like it.
amercer
AG
I assume that in the galaxy far far away, all of the kids shows on planet Yoda are about learning to use the force.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
To me, it's seemed kind of like an RPG video game so far. (Obtaining the gear upgrade, getting his main bounty/quest, getting side-tracked onto a side-quest, etc.
Flashdiaz
AG
YouBet said:

Chalupa Batman said:

Looks like Yaddle and the Horns down guy mated and made the guy on the right.

quite the jedi scandal... if order 66 didn't take them down, order 69 would have.
israeliag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

To me, it's seemed kind of like an RPG video game so far. (Obtaining the gear upgrade, getting his main bounty/quest, getting side-tracked onto a side-quest, etc.
I had thought the same when watching it, but boy do I want to play that game.
bonfarr
AG
I saw an extended Mandalorian trailer while I was watching football this weekend that revealed quite a bit more than I thought they would. There seems to be a love interest in Mando's future and she tries to take off his helmet but he refuses. I am not certain but I think the armorer is in it and she takes off her helmet and is pretty damn hot.

Here it is...

Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
bankshot11
AG
Finally got around to watching Episode 2 last night and I was geeking out the entire scene with the Sandcrawler. It was right out of the Super Star Wars video game for Super Nintendo where they do the same thing to you. And the Mandalorian's rifle making Jawas go poof! That had to have been inspired by the Sniper Rifle from Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. Jawas eating the egg reminded me a lot of Winnie the Pooh for some reason lol.
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
CoachRTM
AG
bobinator said:

I guess...

I'm actually wondering if perhaps 'baby yoda' isn't as much of a baby as it wants everyone to think it is.

Yea, it's already been established that it ages differently than other beings. It's 50 years old - who's to say how it mentally she's compared to how it physically ages.
JCRiley09
AG
Baby yoda has been around for half a century which means it was alive during and before the clone wars. Yes it looks like a baby, but it could have been training with actual Jedi before order 66 (or with yoda/other jedi on the run after 66).
bobinator
AG
Also disguising himself in various ways was one of Yoda's typical tricks. He doesn't reveal himself to actually be Yoda to Luke for quite a while because he's testing him, and he always seems to want people to underestimate his ability with the force by appearing to be old and worn down.

Baby Yoda may appear to be just a baby, but could very well be fairly advanced. We have already seen it get out of its baby egg several times.
AgGrad99
AG
it's 50 years old.

bobinator
AG
AgGrad99 said:

it's 50 years old.
Everyone knows its 50 years old, but we haven't really been given any reason to think that it's mentally advanced past its physical appearance (other than like I said, it's use of the force.)

The real question at hand here is whether he's mentally and physically advanced past what it looks like. Put another way, we don't know if baby yoda's development is just like if you stretched a human's development out or not.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.