*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

325,907 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's not that I want less baby yoda, it's that I only care about baby yoda so it's hard to care about these other stories and characters.
Kate Beckett
AG
Nothing better happen to the little womp rat!

Seriously, I'd cry.
95_Aggie
AG
I doubt Disney would kill off a marketing opportunity
schmiddy94
Didn't BY look at his hand like did I do that before they showed Mando...
GiveEmHellBill
AG
bonfarr said:

On their first encounter with the Droid guards Bill Burr's blaster shots bounce right off them but later he drops three of them easily. What was the difference?

My thought was that they may have more armor on their front. Mando coming at them from behind let him hit them where they were more vulnerable. And later, when Burr takes out three of them, he shot them from behind also.

Just a guess.

Also, any show that puts Clancy Brown in a big role gets a thumbs up from me.
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

Good episode, but this dude has clearly never watched Legion... or Watchmen... or Twin Peaks... or about a dozen other shows.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, this tweet was the first thing I thought of. This episode was just about the most standard space sci-fi TV I could possibly imagine (not in a bad way, just that I've seen this basic vibe/trope in Serenity, Star Trek, etc.). There was nothing remotely weird about it.
redline248
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

How can anybody want less Baby Yoda?

I loved the end where baby yoda was tying to force stop the droid from shooting and the it turns out that Mando shot the droid.

Now they are even
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
CoachRTM said:

That was awesome television.

The part where Mando was tracking them down and BY was evading the droid was straight out of the action/horror genre, except the roles were flipped.

The scene where Mando comes at Bill Burr's character with the strobe effect was nails.
The strobe reminded me of some of The Dark Knight Rises scenes.
rynning
AG
I was starting to lose interest, but this was great. It felt the most like the original movie to me. Good little story, good acting, and very well directed.

I doubt I'm the only one who immediately rewound and watched the strobe scene again!
My Dad Earl
AG
So I was expecting to see something about the dead (or at least we think) assassin girl that Mando went to pick up at the end of last week's episode. Or was it really him? Surely they wouldn't have that scene without continuing her storyline it in the future.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
redline248 said:

SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I loved the end where baby yoda was tying to force stop the droid from shooting and the it turns out that Mando shot the droid.

Now they are even

Those two sequences running parallel was genius. You have mando in a horror film, tension stalking of prey and then simultaneously Baby Yoda is sneaking and disappearing from the bounty hunter. The tension of mando's hunt carries into the yoda hunt but with out the visual effects.
bonfarr
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

redline248 said:

SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Now they are even

Those two sequences running parallel was genius. You have mando in a horror film, tension stalking of prey and then simultaneously Baby Yoda is sneaking and disappearing from the bounty hunter. The tension of mando's hunt carries into the yoda hunt but with out the visual effects.

I loved the shot of Mando sneaking up behind Burr but it seemed weird he just captured him I expect him to stick the knife in his throat. It just seemed odd to have a horror movie scene like that where he just holds a knife to his throat.
Capitol Ag
AG
My Dad Earl said:

So I was expecting to see something about the dead (or at least we think) assassin girl that Mando went to pick up at the end of last week's episode. Or was it really him? Surely they wouldn't have that scene without continuing her storyline it in the future.

I'm totally under the assumption that the person (or alien or droid-we can't fully see him or her) was not Mando. Anyone's guess at this point. Another bounty hunter? Doubtful as it's not relevant to the overall story that a random bounty hunter found her body. I took it to mean that someone is following Mando. Either someone tracking him for the guild or something else entirely. Could it be another Mandolorian? The boots seem to suggest it. But since the ones who helped Mando with the guild in the shoot out probably wouldn't be "tracking" him, I'm assuming it's someone else. There's one guess I have.
Flashdiaz
AG
I think it's someone that's been introduced already. Either Apollo or that UFC chick
My Dad Earl
AG
Capitol Ag said:

My Dad Earl said:

I'm totally under the assumption that the person (or alien or droid-we can't fully see him or her) was not Mando. Anyone's guess at this point. Another bounty hunter? Doubtful as it's not relevant to the overall story that a random bounty hunter found her body. I took it to mean that someone is following Mando. Either someone tracking him for the guild or something else entirely. Could it be another Mandolorian? The boots seem to suggest it. But since the ones who helped Mando with the guild in the shoot out probably wouldn't be "tracking" him, I'm assuming it's someone else. There's one guess I have.

There's a theory online that it may be Bobba Fett. I'm not sure what he would have against Mando though, unless we see something in a flashback. I do have a feeling that something is building up, even though each episode has its own plot. Maybe that guy is the ultimate big bad for the last episode.
Rudyjax
AG
Didn't Bobba Fett die?
redline248
AG
If it was Mando, which I doubt, what did he do with her?
BMX Bandit
Foxymophandlemama said:

Didn't Bobba Fett die?

Didn't Darth Maul die at one point?
Rudyjax
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Foxymophandlemama said:

Didn't Bobba Fett die?

Is Solo before or after episode1?
redline248
AG
Foxymophandlemama said:

BMX Bandit said:

Foxymophandlemama said:

Didn't Bobba Fett die?

Is Solo before or after episode1?

The empire is in charge during Solo
My Dad Earl
AG
Foxymophandlemama said:

Didn't Bobba Fett die?

I'm not a book reader or comics or whatever, but supposedly he survived the sarlac.
redline248
AG
Technically, not canon
YouBet
AG
Episode 5 had so many Easter eggs it was overwhelming. Episode was ok and I assume Ming Na is not really dead unless it's already been publicly stated that she is.

Episode 6 was awesome.
Sex Panther
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Foxymophandlemama said:

Didn't Bobba Fett die?

No one's ever really gone
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Devil guy's horns are cut off when they show them in prison.
wangus12
AG
Capitol Ag said:

My Dad Earl said:

I'd lean toward it being Giancarlo Esposito's character
DannyDuberstein
AG
Sex Panther said:

BMX Bandit said:

Foxymophandlemama said:

Didn't Bobba Fett die?

No one's ever really gone

What is dead may never die
tamusc
AG
Agreed, I think that's exactly who it is.
caleblyn
So, has the timeline for Mando been determined? So many reference leading in different directions.
Dro07
AG
Timeline as in the OT?
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Devil guy's horns are cut off when they show them in prison.

Thought for sure it was his head, then he's still alive. At least something was severed
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It was never in question. This is post-ROTJ. (Three or so years after, I believe.)
TCTTS
AG
Officially five years after ROTJ.
Flashdiaz
AG
So Mando cut his horns off, as an Aggie, I like him more.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.