*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

331,525 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sarduakar said:

Champ Bailey said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Are there still Hutts after Jabba?

Actually I have no idea.

In the Clone War cartoon there are multiple different Hutts on different planets. There may not be one on Tattooine though.

It's been a few years since I watched it, but I remember Maul taking over their organization, did he leave any of them alive outside of Jabba?
redline248
AG
No one thinks there is any chance our Mandalorian went back for her? Not sure why he would, though.

I will say I'm a little surprised that they got Ming-Na Wen to show up for 15 mins and then killed her.
213 Grove
AG
I thought that at first too but it showed Mandos ship already take off and go into space before immediately showing that scene.

So seems unlikely
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
wangus12
AG
Living Legend said:

Any else find it odd or perhaps lazy that in an infinite universe seems like Star Wars characters always end up on the same few planets...
Gotta follow those hyperspace routes man
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
wangus12 said:

Living Legend said:

Any else find it odd or perhaps lazy that in an infinite universe seems like Star Wars characters always end up on the same few planets...
Gotta follow those hyperspace routes man
It ain't like dusting crops, that is for sure.
Dro07
AG
It just goes up and to the left... doesn't mean it went to space
Dro07
AG
it's another bounty hunter because CC said device beeping and I think it's a tracker.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
kyledr04
AG
redline248 said:

No one thinks there is any chance our Mandalorian went back for her? Not sure why he would, though.

I will say I'm a little surprised that they got Ming-Na Wen to show up for 15 mins and then killed her.

I wondered if there's more for her later

Enjoyed to episode but yeah it didn't move anything along.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Dro07
AG
Bane would be effin sweeeettt!

Is Cobb canon?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Rudyjax
AG
C@LAg said:

kyledr04 said:

redline248 said:

I wondered if there's more for her later

Enjoyed to episode but yeah it didn't move anything along.
to be honest, the whole season so far has been rather pointless and meandering, although entertaining.

We are 5/8 of the way done, and there is no driving story arc going on. It is essentially... "Dear Diary".

Is it supposed to?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
C@LAg said:

Foxymophandlemama said:

Is it supposed to?
no idea what their intent was, but I would bet the vast majority of fans were/are expecting it to.

Seems to me to be the exact same type of story structure as Rebels and clone wars. You get the first two or three episodes setting the story line, the last three finishing up that story line, and then a bunch of universe expanding random missions in between.

I enjoy it, personally. As long as they avoid making me follow around a prequel droid for 30 minutes.
Rudyjax
AG
C@LAg said:

Foxymophandlemama said:

Is it supposed to?
no idea what their intent was, but I would bet the vast majority of fans were/are expecting it to.

I don't know. Can't you just enjoy what they give you without worrying about a plotline?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Rudyjax
AG
They seem to be doing well with the audience. What more do you want?

I'm not picking on you. I'm just trying to understand your point of view and it's hard to do that in this format.

Why must it have more plot?
Hagen95
AG
How much Disney stock are you holding? Is it losing you money currently?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Hagen95
AG
What are you talking about? You brought up how 4 hours of content and $120MM should be doing more?

(insertgif)Lighten up Francis. (/insertgif)
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Guys, it could be 4 hours of padme and rey full on makeout session and someone would gripe about camera angles and TC would say the script he read had more organic interplay. If you create something, someone will critique it. Just human nature.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
MuckRaker96 said:

Guys, it could be 4 hours of padme and rey full on makeout session and someone would gripe about camera angles and TC would say the script he read had more organic interplay. If you create something, someone will critique it. Just human nature.

You think if we paid them enough, they would do that? I can start the gofundme.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
redline248
AG
Natalie would. Have you seen Black Swan?

(my phone initially thought I wanted to type black sean. Lol)
Urban Ag
AG
C@LAg said:

Hagen95 said:

How much Disney stock are you holding? Is it losing you money currently?
at least I am staying on subject. nothing I have stated is unreasonable or excessive, yet you go and post this kind of **** making it a personal attack. **** off.
I agree with this. Very enjoyable but not a whole lot of plot. Other than trying to "lay low" there hasn't been much in the form of "I've got this kid Yoda, now what?" Kind of figured by now he'd have some sort of plan as to where to take the kid and to who.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This episode in particular can be pretty fairly criticized as a filler episode. Nothing of substance really happens, no new character development, etc.

John Campea said in his review that you could skip this episode and miss nothing. And as of now, he seems to be right.

That said, I did enjoy watching it. Mostly due to all the easter eggs.
Rudyjax
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

This episode in particular can be pretty fairly criticized as a filler episode. Nothing of substance really happens, no new character development, etc.

John Campea said in his review that you could skip this episode and miss nothing. And as of now, he seems to be right.

That said, I did enjoy watching it. Mostly due to all the easter eggs.

So if you skipped it you wouldn't miss the Easter eggs?

I just don't understand people who can't just enjoy a show for what it gives you.

What is the plot that people want advanced? Who is baby Yoda?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It introduced a problem (damaged ship), and resolved it within the same episode. So yes, you could basically skip it.

Yes, I enjoyed the easter eggs, but the episode seems to exist solely for the purpose of those easter eggs. That's the real issue.
Rudyjax
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It introduced a problem (damaged ship), and resolved it within the same episode. So yes, you could basically skip it.

Yes, I enjoyed the easter eggs, but the episode seems to exist solely for the purpose of those easter eggs. That's the real issue.

Why is that a problem?

Was that your criticism of Star Trek TNG?
redline248
AG
Foxymophandlemama said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Why is that a problem?

Was that your criticism of Star Trek TNG?

Equating this show to the format on TNG isn't exactly a positive thing. We've come along way in TV.
Rudyjax
AG
so in other words, unless there is plot advancement, it's not worth watching.

Ok. What about the Orville? Do you not like that show because not every episode advances a plot point?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm not saying it's a problem, but certainly not the kind of series I was hoping for. I'm just not the biggest fan of episodic tv. (Unless it's an anthology, or The Crown.)

But again (I feel like I have to keep saying this), I enjoyed the episode.
Rudyjax
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm not saying it's a problem, but certainly not the kind of series I was hoping for. I'm just not the biggest fan of episodic tv. (Unless it's an anthology, or The Crown.)

But again (I feel like I have to keep saying this), I enjoyed the episode.

So in other words, the show is not what you want it to be.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Foxymophandlemama said:

so in other words, unless there is plot advancement, it's not worth watching.

Not necessarily, but there should really be significant character development in that case. See: Fly, Breaking Bad. (An episode I love.)

Was there any in this episode for Mando?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.