*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

331,764 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
I liked the episode, it was cool to see Tatooine/Mos Eisley again, but I again feel a little disappointed that the episode for the second week in a row has gone nowhere with an hour and a half left of the season. We essentially got two episodes in a row of "monster of the week". I guess I was hoping for more of an HBO/Netflix feel to the series given limiting it to 8 episodes, and less cable TV style show (in regards to storylines, obviously not production value). Don't get me wrong, it is entertaining and a good show, just not what I was expecting, and I should probably adjust my expectations so I can enjoy it more.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
twilly
AG
Good episode. And what every SW fanboy clamors for....direct ties back to the OT....with a little nod to the PT thrown in.
Kate Beckett
AG
This is baby Yoda's world and I am just living in it. That little womp rat has me hooked.
jokershady
AG
Friday's suck for me....I have to remind myself to avoid this thread until Friday night when I can sit down with my family and we all watch the next episode....

Granted I COULD watch the episode on my tablet at work before I get home....but somehow that feels like cheating....

Anyways....see y'all in about 14 hours....
EMY92
AG
I think they could have cut this week's down to 10 minutes and would not have missed anything.
Ag Since 83
AG
This was my least favorite episode by far. The "humor" of the maintenance crew seemed too prequel-ish, the rookie bounty hunter's look and personality seemed out of place (too 21st century). Just everything was off

Felt like Filoni leaned too much into the style of some of his cartoon series
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
You guys are a bunch of haters. This episode was great. Loved goingback to Mos Eisley, will be interested to see if the assassin being killed draws whatever is left of the Hutt's out into the conflict.

Agreed on the 3AM drops though, it is pretty dumb.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
I wish the episodes were longer than 30 minutes
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Charpie
AG
This whole thing is gonna make me need to watch the Star Wars movies
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ok I'm only halfway through and had to come post.

Tatooine
Mos Eisley cantina
R5
Tusken raiders
The 3 stooges droids from TPM
"She's got the high ground"

Hell yes.
twilly
AG
Some other stuff you missed.

Flying into Tatooine was the same view as the opening shot in ANH
Same cliff on Tatooine where Luke, Obi-Wan, and the droids looked out on to Mos Eisley
Same view of the city
Same junk in front of the cantina
R5-D4, with a new motivator
A droid in the cantina
New guy in same pose Han had while sitting at the table with Greedo
"She's no good to us dead."

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"She's no good to us dead."

References on point.
twilly
AG
Also thought it was funny that the cantina where "we don't serve their kind here" has a droid serving the drinks.

Same droid as the droid master in Jabba's palace
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hah, good catch.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
All of this. The last two episodes are essentially what I was worried about after episode 1. It has become episodic / "monster of the week", which I really was hoping it wouldn't be.

The lack of Baby Yoda didn't help.
Ag Since 83
AG
I don't think the monster of the week aspect hurt last weeks episode nearly as much as this one. Last week there was still character/plot development, you learned more about Mando and you caught glimpses of what he and Baby Yoda were looking for (a place to lay low) and what they actually need (a home). And they actually bonded with characters we might see again

This episode there was none of that. The only thing that moved the plot forward at all was the tease at the end. Everything before it was a rehash. This episode was fan service with Tatooine nostalgia but no substance
Hagen95
AG
Great episode. Loved it.
bonfarr
AG
After the novice bounty hunter opened his mouth was there any doubt he was going to be dead by the end of the episode?

It would have been much cooler if they had used CGI to bring back the gruff old bartender from ANH.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
wangus12
AG
Another solid episode. I have no problem with them doing the generic episode of the week if there was going to be more than 8 episodes. So much nostalgia in this one.

Curious to see who the person following Mando is this time. I feel like the cape is at least supposed to make us think its another Mandalorian.
The Collective
AG
This is fun.
Living Legend
AG
Any else find it odd or perhaps lazy that in an infinite universe seems like Star Wars characters always end up on the same few planets...
Stewade
Staff
AG
I made this for our 12 days of giveaways thing, but figured y'all might appreciate it over here more.

Atreides Ornithopter
AG
So you are giving away a baby yoda, sign me up.
Rudyjax
AG
I don't get the advance the plot people.

Just enjoy the ride. They'll take us there.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Living Legend said:

Any else find it odd or perhaps lazy that in an infinite universe seems like Star Wars characters always end up on the same few planets...

Isn't this the first planet they came back to in the show? Tattooine being in the outer rim and with it being controlled by the Hutts makes it a pretty good place to hide from anyone.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Are there still Hutts after Jabba?
MandoArms
Champ Bailey said:

Living Legend said:

Isn't this the first planet they came back to in the show? Tattooine being in the outer rim and with it being controlled by the Hutts makes it a pretty good place to hide from anyone.
I also like how they made it clear that is is a truly wild planet, the Guild doesn't even operate there. I think it fits in perfectly with the theme of the show so far.
IG: mando_arms
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Actually I have no idea.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Actually I have no idea.

In the Clone War cartoon there are multiple different Hutts on different planets. There may not be one on Tattooine though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.