*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

331,528 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
agwrestler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was that Al Sharpton?
TCTTS
AG
Dro07
AG
That's obviouslys Reys brother Reymundo
TCTTS
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
He talked!
YouBet
AG
Lando Weathers making Dagobah soup!
JCRiley09
AG
I feel like I kept hearing lightsaber sounds in the trailer. Could it be how maz acquired anakin's saber?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Poe?
Dro07
AG
nvm I was wrong it takes place a few years after the fall of the empire so it's plausible
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Dro07
AG
Ya typed too quick
TCTTS
AG
Nope. Five years after ROTJ. Might actually line up with Poe...
Dro07
AG
So Poe was born 2 years ABY and this is set a few years later putting him at say 5-7 years of age?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Dro07
AG
Thinking that too. Do we know anyone outside of Sabine post B.Y. still alive?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
MandoArms
The red outfits make me think of the Jedha Pilgrims and priests from RO. Could they be Disciples of the Whilis?

IG: mando_arms
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Ummmm.....Bill Burr is in this???!?

Yes....yes, he is.
The Collective
AG
OnlyForNow
AG
That's pretty cool.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Wow, I totally missed this. Behind the people in red robes, there is a battle droid from the Clone Wars era.

So, those scenes are [likely] flashbacks. If that's during the Clone Wars, that kid would be older than Luke and Leia. Maybe in his 40's or so during the time of the show?

Edit: Thinking further about it, it's probably just a nice little easter egg. Can be easily explained as droids/ships which were commandeered by other factions after the wars were over.
Urban Ag
AG
yeah could just as likely be the case that thousands of battle droids were left over after the Clone Wars.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I'm late to this thread, but are we sure this isn't going to be ultimately about Boba Fett? The fact that he puts the people he is hunting in carbonite makes me think its a Boba Fett that has survived somehow.
Urban Ag
AG
veryfuller said:

I'm late to this thread, but are we sure this isn't going to be ultimately about Boba Fett? The fact that he puts the people he is hunting in carbonite makes me think its a Boba Fett that has survived somehow.
The Mando is Pedro Pascal / Agent Pena and Boba Fett still has roughly 964 years (give or take) of digestion left in the Sarlac.

So probably not.

/beat that nerds
MandoArms
veryfuller said:

They did leave some clues in the Aftermath Series, I think life debt had some hints in it, but I don't think Filoni would call a series focused on Fett "The Mandalorian" since his other two series focused on separating Fett from the Mandalorian title and really focused on making him a bounty hunter that used their armor.

The only way it would work is if it is a redemption story of him earning back the right to be called a Mandalorian, which does sound like an interesting concept for a show. It could also be drawn out for awhile with a Man with No Name vibe until a big reveal at the end of the season.

Could you imagine how many people would lose it if the reveal happens at the end of the season and we see him board Slave I and put on freshly painted Fett armor?
Dro07
AG
Is Boba Fett even a mandalorian?
jackie childs
i'm slowly moving over to kylo's "kill the past" philosophy.

the mandalorian looks awesome and i'm kinda hoping there's only minimal connective tissue to the rest of the SW stories
Urban Ag
AG
dromo07 said:

Is Boba Fett even a mandalorian?
Don't pull your No True Scotsman in here buddy.
MandoArms
As far as I know most of the info we have on Jango Fett has been moved to Legends. So as of now it is unclear if the Fetts are Mandalorians or not.
Dro07
AG
so all clone troopers are mandalorians as well?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If it is Boba Fett, they better find a way to explain this.

Urban Ag
AG
dromo07 said:

so all clone troopers are mandalorians as well?
What are you a birther or something? Just because John McCain was born in Panama and Barrack Obama was born in Finland doesn't make them any less American.
Flashdiaz
AG
Mandalorian should start with Fett blasting himself out of the sarlacc obviously injured. As he's crawling to civilization, a stranger appears. Fett asks for help and the stranger takes out a weapon and kills Fett and takes his armor and makes it his.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.