*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

331,520 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Disappointed but not surprised at the lag time. I had a short window to watch it this morning but all that came up was a still photo with no option to play.
Shenaniganz
I am absolutely hooked on this show. Has a very adult feel to it, kids keep away! I loved how in the first two minutes Mando cuts a dude in half with a FREAKING DOOR!.

The reveal at the end definitely piqued my interest going forward.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

so am i the only one waiting on this????.....it's literally the ONLY show they are releasing at launch (besides The High School Musical thing....and ummmm. NO). And for $6.99 per month I get ONE episode per week.

And only one other show I think I might care about in 2020 - The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Disclosure - my kids are full grown so I don't need disney movies and I have my own digital copies of anything SW or Marvel or Pixar that I want.

I'll wait until I can binge at least 2 seasons of this or this and another show.

txagman1998
AG
Quote:

How are you guys able to watch, I am unable to connect.

I watched it a couple of hours ago before work (I am in California). I had to logout and login a couple of times and I had to retry a few times when I got the error message, but I eventually got connected and watched the episode.
The Collective
AG
Not a bad play on your part. I have two kids, this will replace...
Urban Ag
AG
I couldn't take it any longer so I just got an account on my PC and had zero problems instantly loading.

That. Was. Awesome.

Exactly what I was hoping for.

I was surprised the bounty hunter droid didn't make it further but I dig the jarring effect of abruptly killing a character off. Absolutely love how they've brought back so many of the obscure alien races from the OT.

wangus12
AG
A friend and I were talking and he hypothesized about the droid that Mando said something along the lines of "I hate Assassin/bounty droids" and that there may end up being multiple IG droids. He then went on to say it would be very entertaining if the were treated in a Kenny from South Park fashion of getting killed off episodically
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
wangus12 said:

A friend and I were talking and he hypothesized about the droid that Mando said something along the lines of "I hate Assassin/bounty droids" and that there may end up being multiple IG droids. He then went on to say it would be very entertaining if the were treated in a Kenny from South Park fashion of getting killed off episodically
Need this line in there, "You've lost another bounty Droid" said like Hunt for Red October.
MandoArms
One question is why would the Guild send to Bounty Hunters on the same job?

Seems fairly regulated so to me it looks like someone is setting him up.
IG: mando_arms
Jim01
AG
Just watched during lunch and really enjoyed it. Beautiful and I loved how it was totally a space western, right down to learning to ride a horse. Props to Ludwig on the score. Perfect blend of sounding like a Star Wars version of an old western soundtrack.

Can wait to watch it play out.

I remember seeing a bunch of headlines about "The Mandalorian finally answers a long standing Star Wars question." which I didn't read because I didn't want spoilers. So watching I kept thinking "what were they talking about?" Turns out it's how they use the bathroom. lol
tk for tu juan
Jim01 said:

...totally a space western, right down to learning to ride a horse.

Wait a second, Red Dead Redemption: Mandalorian Pack
Urban Ag
AG
My biggest surprise.....

Showing whatever that little humanoid creature (same species that sat on Jabba in ROTJ) locked in a cage watching another of his kind turn on a spit being roasted. Kind of sadistic. Surprised the Mouse signed off on that.

wangus12
AG
Urban Ag said:

My biggest surprise.....

Showing whatever that little humanoid creature (same species that sat on Jabba in ROTJ) locked in a cage watching another of his kind turn on a spit being roasted. Kind of sadistic. Surprised the Mouse signed off on that.

That was awesome and I laughed. Hated that monkey as a kid
Decay
AG
wangus12 said:

Urban Ag said:

My biggest surprise.....

That was awesome and I laughed. Hated that monkey as a kid
That part sold it for me. Take the good parts of the originals, keep all of the lore and setting... and some of it you just gotta roast.
bonfarr
AG
I was finally able to get on and it was glorious. This is everything I have ever wanted from the Star Wars universe. The possibilities are endless.
PooDoo
AG
Man, I was hoping to be able to binge season 1 during the 7 day trial... I hope it's more than new bounties each episode.
Urban Ag
AG
I'm pretty certain that the little surprise at the end of Ep1 foreshadows it's going be more than new bounty, stand alone type episodes.

Wild ass speculations but given the species of the asset that the Mandalorian retrieved and the fact that the Imperial officer noted they'd pay full bounty for it delivered alive, half for proof it was killed (if necessary) and the bounty hunting droid was given instructions to terminate (probably as an insurance policy if the Mando failed) this storyline could tie in to the saga in a big way. Maybe it ties in to Palpatine returning in TROS, or Snoke or the First Order. Maybe Anakin wasn't the only breaking the Jedi rules. Of all the species of aliens bringing that one in to the mix can't just simply be homage to fanboys.

Or they just want to get baby Yoda's in the store before Christmas because dam son they're going to sell more of them then porgs.

The Collective
AG
Can we agree that having a 50 year old baby would really suck?
bonfarr
AG
Not as bad as Mork and Mindy's baby Mearth. Imagine the egg hatches and out pops your middle age baby that looks like Johnathan Winters
easttexasaggie04
AG
I just watched. I enjoyed. Does this movie take place between Return of the Jedi and TFA? Or is it between the prequels and New Hope?
wangus12
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

I just watched. I enjoyed. Does this movie take place between Return of the Jedi and TFA? Or is it between the prequels and New Hope?
5 years after ROTJ
easttexasaggie04
AG
So will a new episode drop every Tuesday?
tk for tu juan
Every Friday, next one is this Friday at midnight
Hagen95
AG
So thanks to you guys, I watched this during my lunch break at work. I liked it. Can they get some better lighting in these buildings? Please.
wangus12
AG
Curious about the number of times the called the Mandolorian the "Mandolorian"

What if he turns out to be an impostor and he isn't actually Mandolorian at all
tk for tu juan
wangus12 said:

It would create a product placement opportunity for 23andme
Hagen95
AG
wangus12 said:

There would be a reckoning from the remaining Mandolorians.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
easttexasaggie04
AG
I like the Stormtroopers who seem to be in hiding in their dirty and worn armor.
PooDoo
AG
Urban Ag said:

I'm pretty certain that the little surprise at the end of Ep1 foreshadows it's going be more than new bounty, stand alone type episodes.

Wild ass speculations but given the species of the asset that the Mandalorian retrieved and the fact that the Imperial officer noted they'd pay full bounty for it delivered alive, half for proof it was killed (if necessary) and the bounty hunting droid was given instructions to terminate (probably as an insurance policy if the Mando failed) this storyline could tie in to the saga in a big way. Maybe it ties in to Palpatine returning in TROS, or Snoke or the First Order. Maybe Anakin wasn't the only breaking the Jedi rules. Of all the species of aliens bringing that one in to the mix can't just simply be homage to fanboys.

Or they just want to get baby Yoda's in the store before Christmas because dam son they're going to sell more of them then porgs.

I would be willing to bet the merchandise marketing team has a lot of say in this series.

Maybe they want to see if they can teach the little guy proper sentence structure?
twilly
AG
tk for tu juan said:

wangus12 said:

The speeder driver is from somewhere and I can't place it

Was it Brian Posehn? It was a deadpan comedian
bonfarr
AG
I am hoping this is purely a stand alone series and they don't have a tie in with any of the main characters from the other films. That is too much of a rabbit hole. I am ok with them mentioning events in passing but I want this one to be.completely independent. With a whole universe to explore I don't see any reason to muddle it up with the other plotlines.
lunchbox
BrownCoat said:

One question is why would the Guild send to Bounty Hunters on the same job?

Seems fairly regulated so to me it looks like someone is setting him up.
Well....Mando didn't know who the target was until he met with the Imperial guy. Apollo Creed didn't know when they met at the bar.

Maybe someone else hired the droid...again...without the Guild knowing the target.

Also, it was mentioned that it would be cool for there to be a droid in every ep. Imagine if they all link up to the same neural network.
twilly
AG
Music from the episode is available on Apple Music and other music platforms

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.