*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

331,530 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And sand gets everywhere.
Gigem314
AG

30 years ago they said I was gonna be the next Obi Wan Kenobi!

What happened?

They wouldn't let me on the Jedi Council

Oh I'm sorry...because you're black?

Hell no! Damn Sith cut my hand off!

Oh my God!

But I tore one of that buzzard's eyes out though...

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Favraeau says he's interested in dipping into the Legends era for the Mandalorian, does not rule out Thrawn or Mara Jade as possibilities.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/09/11/thrawn-mara-jade-the-mandalorian/
Duncan Idaho
MuckRaker96 said:

Favraeau says he's interested in dipping into the Legends era for the Mandalorian, does not rule out Thrawn or Mara Jade as possibilities.

Thrawn isnt legend.
redline248
AG
They should just leave Mara Jade alone. If they want to use her character as a blueprint for something, giver her a different name.
bluefire579
AG
I'm curious if/how they plan on approaching the end of Rebels if they want to include Thrawn in something new. Presumably him and Ezra are both still alive, though I'm not sure if there is any instance in the current canon on what happens when someone jumps to hyperspace with parts of the ship exposed like that.

I'm always down for more Thrawn, though.
Belton Ag
AG
redline248 said:

They should just leave Mara Jade alone. If they want to use her character as a blueprint for something, giver her a different name.
I don't know how they would even begin to use the character given how the events after ROTJ were written for the final trilogy.
Urban Ag
AG
I just hope they don't get overly ambitious and have the story going in too many directions.

The setting being SW wild west with pockets of basically autonomous leftover Imperials and a fledgling New Republic is enough for me.

It's basically Texas before joining the Union.
Duncan Idaho
As Long as they have it all tie back to the same 5 ir 6 characters, I will be happy.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Thrawn isnt legend.

He specifically mentions the version of Thrawn from Zahn's Heir to the Empire series, and that is where he originated, so bleah.
Ag Since 83
AG
Zahn has said Filoni has first say on what happens with Thrawn post-Rebels but that he's interested in writing more books if possible

I could definitely see Filoni and his new friend Favreau doing something
AliasMan02
AG
BUT WHO ARE THE MANDALORIAN'S PARENTS?!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Mother: Manda
Dad: Lorian

Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Mandalorian is a misnomer.........for Man Delorean

he's a time traveler after all. the name got mangled over the centuries.....it was a long time ago........
redline248
AG
Belton Ag said:

redline248 said:

I don't know how they would even begin to use the character given how the events after ROTJ were written for the final trilogy.
What I basically meant was have a character that was a secret spy for the emperor and ignore all the falling in love with Luke, stuff. Though, I guess it's possible Luke crossed paths with her somewhere along the way, they had a fling, but it didn't work out.

Hell, if JJ can separate Han and Leia, I guess anything is possible
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

Though, I guess it's possible Luke crossed paths with her somewhere along the way, they had a fling, but it didn't work out.
Boom! Just solved Rey's lineage issue.
PatAg
AG
Shife said:

The Twi'lek in the trailer is Natalia Tena from Harry Potter and Osha the wildling in GoT.

The bald head is Bill Burr
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Remind me to never put any credit to a review from this person. You legit cried from 27 minutes of footage of a star wars show you had never seen before?
TCTTS
AG
Do you ever have anything positive to say?

I get it. I sometimes roll my eyes at people who cry at something like this and then gush about it on Twitter. It's a little over the top for sure.

But man, the past few months you are seemingly nothing but dismissive, downtrodden, snarky comments and nothing else. And this is coming from someone who agrees with you the vast majority of the time. But maybe lighten up on the never-ending negativity?
JetAg
AG
Dang it...now I'm going to have to get Disney+.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

I get it. I sometimes roll my eyes at people who cry at something like this and then gush about it on Twitter. It's a little over the top for sure.

But man, the past few months you are seemingly nothing but dismissive, downtrodden, snarky comments and nothing else. And this is coming from someone who agrees with you the vast majority of the time. But maybe lighten up on the never-ending negativity?
He's a Cowboys fan. It's a credit to Pat that he's actually sober right now after the last few weeks.

But seriously, sometimes when you're having a hard time in life it flows into your online persona. God knows it happens to me a lot. Message boards can be a great place to vent your anger or throw off frustration that you might have from spouse, kids, work, or whatever. Him being snarky shouldn't diminish your enjoyment of TexAGS. PatAg I have no idea who you are but if something's pissing you off, I hope it gets better soon.
TCTTS
AG
I totally get that. I do the same thing from time to time, but I always try to balance it out with positivity as well. Anyway, I apologize for not being more sensitive should there be something off-board driving any potential anger or anything along those lines. It's not that it affects my enjoyment in any tangible way and I don't want to make some else's attitude about me. Just hoping everything's ok.
Madmarttigan
AG
It's so strange for me to be so much more excited for this versus episode 9. I suppose it is all just because it is a completely new and unknown Star Wars entity. Sky is the limit.
TCTTS
AG
Wait 'til halftime of Monday Night Football...
TCTTS
AG
25 days 'til the premiere of the first episode. You guys think we'll get one more trailer before then? Personally, I don't need to see another frame, and I don't think I even want to. But surely they'll have one final look before then...
TCTTS
AG
Madmarttigan
AG
I think Disney + will inevitably have a strong start due to its appeal to families but if it puts out awesome Star Wars and marvel content it will have huge subscription numbers.
TCTTS
AG
First TV spot just aired during Lakers/Clippers. No new footage, but cool to see out in the wild.
AverageJones
AG
Do we have any idea on episode length?
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Maybe you are just only remembering the negative posts, or perhaps you are only reading the negative ones. Not sure why you felt the need to type a couple paragraphs about it.

I'll make an effort to tone the snark down.
Urban Ag
AG
Just don't be a dick so much. Not that hard. No pun intended.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.