*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

349,918 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Both of these posts are very in tune with what I think I'm starting to think too. I love that we are seeing stuff in the universe without it just being jedi oriented, but I can't help wanting more than we are being given.
jokershady
AG
Last Friday's episode was 45 minutes long. I suspect the last 2 for this season will be about the same and tie together the first 3 as well.

This season is also setting up I think a lot of what they want to do in season 2 with some of these characters.
amercer
AG
The show is well made and it's showing us a (somewhat) different piece of the Star Wars universe. It's entertaining, but doesn't seem to be going anywhere important. But I kind of feel that way about all the Star Wars "in between" stories.

If they keep constraining all the stories to fit within the main movies the you are bound to get fan service stories that don't move in cool new directions. Some of the fan service will be well received (R1) and some won't (Solo) , but none of it can expand the universe beyond the 9 main movies.
JCRiley09
AG
We've seen movies influence the cartoons, but with the exception of very minor cameos like chopper in R1, have the cartoons ever had an impact on the movies?

That is to say, baby yoda will not be in skywalker.

Also, there's no precedent of the Star Wars tv shows having arcs longer than maybe 3-5 episodes, why did y'all expect different from this one?
AliasMan02
AG
Only reason I MIGHT think there is a chance of some TV stuff is this is the end of an era. And if they care about satisfying the discontent fans, which I doubt, even a small bit of "insider" stuff would go a long way.

That said, I don't think it happens.

Cromagnum
AG
Loved the Zero droid. Thought the fight between Mando and the devil dude was fun, especially when Mando tried to melt his face off and got laughed at, because ya know...the devil likes fire. Liked seeing Mark Boone Junior make an appearance. I dont mind the one off stories if some of these characters make a reappearance later on. Villain of the week is only gonna carry it so far.
TCTTS
AG
twilly
AG
"an unholy amount of ass"

This is the way.

Kate Beckett
AG
Will be getting up earlier than usual to watch this episode.

Maybe baby yoda will kick some ass too
The Collective
AG
twilly said:

"an unholy amount of ass"

This is the way.

That's the way I remember my college days. Don't tell me it's a lie!
Dro07
AG
I have spoken
jokershady
AG
So much awesome Star Wars in such a short amount of time

Oooooooooh boy!
Fat Bib Fortuna
Tomorrow s episode is mando and baby yoda sitting in high back chairs by a roaring fire reading early Twitter reviews of the rise of Skywalker, unboxing some new star wars toys just in time for Christmas, and engaging in some organic banter on how a subscription to disney plus Is the gift that keeps on giving to your loved one, coworker, or non-gender specific partner.
The Collective
AG
If Mando were to give Baby Yoda a life day present, it would be the most amazing thing ever.
Duncan Idaho
I see you watched the latest episode of red letter media's "nerd crew"
Fat Bib Fortuna
I have no idea what that is
Cromagnum
AG
The last episode is gonna be life day with force ghosts of Bea Arthur, Carrie Fisher, Alec Guinness, and Kenny Baker sitting in the chairs for Star Wars Voice with force ghost Peter Mayhew hosting as contestants try to wow the judges.
StrykerAg
AG
Is it up yet? My flight has free wifi and I see an Episode 7 description but no picture and when I hit play nothing happens.

Edit: Eventually got it to play.....Oh. my... God. Between TROS and this episode, my hair is turning gray.
IJones23
Wow!
Kate Beckett
AG
THEY BETTER NOT DO WHAT I THINK THEYRE GONNA DO. NOBODY TOUCH MY BABY
bonfarr
AG
Say it ain't so.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
FearNoWeevil
AG
And Deborah Chow directing the Kenobi series? Oh my!
jokershady
AG
Without posting any spoilers....is the post credits scene just a trailer for TROS or does it actually pertain to Mandalorian?
Ag Since 83
AG
Special look at TROS. I only watched a couple seconds as I'm trying to go in unspoiled but it looked more like an actual scene than a trailer
Ag Since 83
AG
Great episode BTW. It's very obvious now this was a six episode series and they decided to add two filler episodes.

EMY92
AG
All comes together, it does.

Urban Ag
AG
Ug I have three hours of con calls then need to help the wife out at her school.

Super serious first world white people problems.

TXAG 05
AG
Wow. What an episode!
wangus12
AG
Holy **** that was fantastic and intense.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
That episode was fantastic! Really well done.

Deborah Chow should just do all episodes
AgPediRPh
AG
Best episode so far. I'm usually not a fan of cameos or guest appearances, but I loved this one!
MandoArms
I was not ready for that episode to end....wow.
IG: mando_arms
bonfarr
AG
jjmanzano said:

Best episode so far. I'm usually not a fan of cameos or guest appearances, but I loved this one!

What was the cameo appearance I don't recall that.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
WES2006AG
AG
What an episode. Great way to get the overall story moving a little bit.

Really looking forward to next week now. Next Friday seems like a LONG time from now.
Urban Ag
AG
WES2006AG said:

What an episode. Great way to get the overall story moving a little bit.

Really looking forward to next week now. Next Friday seems like a LONG time from now.
It was outstanding. I actually changed my schedule around this morning so I could watch it. A little clunky at times but man that was great overall.

Death Troopers and Biker Scouts. Oh hell yeah.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.