*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

331,533 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Patch on Clones

Dr. Pershing Patch
tamusc
AG
bobinator said:

Allegedly, though I'm unfamiliar with Kamino having a logo. I'm not sure how people pieced that together.

The logo (or at least one VERY similar to it) is on the sleeve of the clone troopers being trained on Kamino.

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/star-wars/2019/11/23/20978396/mandalorian-easter-egg-baby-yoda-kamino-symbol-attack-of-the-clones
bobinator
AG
Oh cool, yeah there you go. I had seen people say that but I wasn't sure where they were getting the original reference.
wangus12
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Patch on Clones

Dr. Pershing Patch
Welcome to Episode 1 discussion
bobinator
AG
Y'all can count me among the people that didn't really care for this week's episode. I kinda thought the whole vibe was a little weird. That village had an extreme 'Star Trek Insurrection' feel to it.

Had some cool moments though.
Urban Ag
AG
bobinator said:

Y'all can count me among the people that didn't really care for this week's episode. I kinda thought the whole vibe was a little weird. That village had an extreme 'Star Trek Insurrection' feel to it.

Agreed. I enjoyed it but it was the weakest for me of the four so far. It felt more to me like those SW tv movies in the 80's with Ewoks.

And man, they have tripled down on the Baby Y cutesy stuff but.....they are pulling it off. Hoping it gets back to the tone of the first three episodes.
Rudyjax
AG
bobinator said:

Single mom throwing herself on him was odd too.
Duncan Idaho
Foxymophandlemama said:

bobinator said:

Single mom throwing herself on him was odd too.

Why? Thirst is universal
The Collective
AG
Was the actress playing the mom native american? She looked like it, but I thought maybe part of that was just how they presented her.
Rudyjax
AG
I Have Spoken said:

Was the actress playing the mom native american? She looked like it, but I thought maybe part of that was just how they presented her.

She looked Asian to me.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I Have Spoken said:

According to her IMDB is she part English, Native American (Choctaw and Chickasaw), and African American.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

I Have Spoken said:

According to her IMDB is she part English, Native American (Choctaw and Chickasaw), and African American.

She had 4 parents?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Champ Bailey said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

I Have Spoken said:

She had 4 parents?

Welcome to 2019.
TCTTS
AG
DannyDuberstein
AG
She had a brief role in Wind River (highly recommend), which is mostly what I recognized her from although she's had some other roles (like Westworld) that more would likely recognize her from.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Succession

https://reddit.com/r/SuccessionTV/comments/e51hor/baby_yoda_loves_succession/
Urban Ag
AG
Foxymophandlemama said:

I Have Spoken said:

She looked Asian to me.
She just looked good to me
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Rudyjax
AG
Urban Ag said:

Foxymophandlemama said:

I Have Spoken said:

She looked Asian to me.

Are you saying Asian women don't look good?
bobinator
AG
I think I immediately thought native american because of her role in Westworld
Duncan Idaho
Foxymophandlemama said:

Urban Ag said:

Foxymophandlemama said:

I Have Spoken said:

She looked Asian to me.

Are you saying Asian women don't look good?

He is saying fine is fine and race dont matter
Rudyjax
AG
It was a joke. Chillax bruh.
tk for tu juan
OK Westworld, that is where I recognize her from
Flashdiaz
AG
Mando: I can't take off my helmet due to Mandalorian code... but the code never mentions pants...
bobinator
AG
Maybe this has been talked about but I didn't see it. But it did seem kind of weird for all of that talk about not taking off the helmet and then he... takes off the helmet standing in front of an open window?
DannyDuberstein
AG
His beskar condom might be a shock to her though.
Rudyjax
AG
bobinator said:

Maybe this has been talked about but I didn't see it. But it did seem kind of weird for all of that talk about not taking off the helmet and then he... takes off the helmet standing in front of an open window?

1 way window. He can see you but they can't see in.
The Collective
AG
Those villagers, while living in an agrarian society, also found a way to engineer the best one-way mirrors in the galaxy.

The above shoehorned explanation will probably appear in some expanded universe encyclopedia style book about the show, and then be recorded as official canon on Wookiepedia. This is the way.
Urban Ag
AG
bobinator said:

Thought of this immediately and have a hard time believing no one would catch this in editing.

Only thing I can think of is that, IIRC, he is elevated above the people below and I think there was some sort of awning that would have shaded his face.

It would have made for a better shot if little Yoda would have looked up from below and just saw a shadowed figure sitting back from the window with the helmet clearly sitting to his right.

edit - just re-watched and there is a bid awning/shade and the room is very dark

Mayor West
AG
Urban Ag said:

bobinator said:

Thought of this immediately and have a hard time believing no one would catch this in editing.

Only thing I can think of is that, IIRC, he is elevated above the people below and I think there was some sort of awning that would have shaded his face.

It would have made for a better shot if little Yoda would have looked up from below and just saw a shadowed figure sitting back from the window with the helmet clearly sitting to his right.

I took it as him letting his guard down and breakingish the rule, without being outright defiant to it.
bobinator
AG
Yeah or even just like a thin shade... it was just weird. Nobody can see his face, they never take off the helmet, IT'S PART OF THEIR CODE... unless someone in this village happens to walk by right now.

But it was just another beat that made this whole episode feel off to me.
Duncan Idaho
DannyDuberstein said:

His beskar condom might be a shock to her though.

Like wearing armor in a sarlac
Urban Ag
AG
redline248
AG
I was thinking there was a reason why the baby might not be a clone, but that was while I was driving somewhere and I forgot what exactly it was since then. Had to do with the age, I think. Oh, yeah if he's the same age as Anakin, Emperor would have had to steal some Yoda DNA before Episode 1...

Unless there was at least a brief time period of accelerated growth?

edit: y'all like my stream of consciousness, there?
bobinator
AG
Wouldn't necessarily have had to be Palpatine that cloned him, but you are right in that his birth pre-dates the empire by quite a bit.

Still, I'm extremely convinced that he's a clone.

Maybe it was Palpatine's backup plan if the baby he created using the force didn't work out?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.