*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

331,551 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So... where's he taking baby yoda?
The Collective
AG
bobinator said:

They mention "foundlings" or something like that. I assume this is an orphanage that the Mandalorian's run. My guess is that is where he might take the baby. I wonder if there is a way for him to remove whatever the tracking device is.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
O/U 30% Baby Yoda makes it out of the series alive?
bobinator
AG
Way over. Only way I can imagine baby yoda going down is like as part of some kind of large scale strike. Like he's on a planet and we see someone destroy that planet.
The Collective
AG
I guess baby yoda isn't very reliable. When Mando really needed him during the street battle, he is just napping.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Which would make things interesting if he's alive during the ST. Although I guess he could still be way too young to make any difference, but it does make me wonder where he is during those events, and if he'll play any role in TROS.

The thing that bugs me is that Yoda should have know about its existence throughout the OT. He should be able to sense a force-user that powerful, right? Let alone one of his own species.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So we know that Yoda's line "There is another" was meant to refer to Leia, which would have paid off in TROS if Carrie had not passed away.

Any way her passing and the removal of that storyline could open up the possibility for that line to be retconned to Baby Yoda?

Granted, that is a huge stretch.
bobinator
AG
I said a few (like 20 now probably) pages back that I was also potentially concerned about what Baby Yoda means for the big picture story.

But Yoda not sensing him doesn't bother me much. I kind of think of sensing the force as like ambient noise. Sometimes you notice a change, but if it's not loud enough you can't be sure what it is, especially if you've never heard the noise before.

Yoda might have been able to sense that something new was out there, but had no way of knowing what it was.

But also, as the Binge Mode people joke about, Yoda's force sensing abilities are pretty hit and miss. He obviously didn't feel Anakin Skywalker's birth which is maybe the most powerful force thing that's ever happened right?
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So we know that Yoda's line "There is another" was meant to refer to Leia, which would have paid off in TROS if Carrie had not passed away.

Any way her passing and the removal of that storyline could open up the possibility for that line to be retconned to Baby Yoda?

Granted, that is a huge stretch.

"There is another" doesn't need a payoff. All Yoda meant was if Luke failed they still had a chance with Leia. He didn't fail.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Damn! Long video but will try to get around to it.

Let me save you some time. Dude hates fan service / easter eggs, dislikes corny jokes and unexplained coincidental meetings. It seems he actually just hates Star Wars if he looked at any of the movies with the same critical eye.
Flashdiaz
AG
bobinator said:

I said a few (like 20 now probably) pages back that I was also potentially concerned about what Baby Yoda means for the big picture story.

But Yoda not sensing him doesn't bother me much. I kind of think of sensing the force as like ambient noise. Sometimes you notice a change, but if it's not loud enough you can't be sure what it is, especially if you've never heard the noise before.

Yoda might have been able to sense that something new was out there, but had no way of knowing what it was.

But also, as the Binge Mode people joke about, Yoda's force sensing abilities are pretty hit and miss. He obviously didn't feel Anakin Skywalker's birth which is maybe the most powerful force thing that's ever happened right?
He also didn't sense a Sith lord in the same room as him.

Force detector, he is not.
bobinator
AG
But I'd like to float a different theory, that Yoda DOES know. And not only does he know, it's actually Yoda's child. I'm not sure this is actually what I think, but I do think it's at least possible.

In this scene from Revenge of the Sith, maybe Yoda isn't just talking in general, maybe he's speaking from experience? In these scene, Yoda seems to know more than he's letting on right?

redline248
AG
bobinator said:

Palpatine also didn't feel Luke on the shuttle going down to Endor.

Maybe the same thing on Dagobah that helped keep Yoda hidden made it hard to sense the baby. Especially since he was preoccupied with keeping tabs on Luke and while Ezra was growing in power.

It sucks to have to come up with justifications. Do the new writers/directors expect us to ignore these things?
The Collective
AG
What is the cutoff age for training a baby Yoda? 100?
bobinator
AG
Yeah same kind of deal. He feels something but he isn't sure what it is because he hasn't felt it before. But once he knows what it is, he can sense it from great distances.

If you think of the force that way it helps explain a lot of what happens in this story where it sure seems like people should be able to feel certain things happening.
Philip J Fry
AG
Did I hear this quote right in the 3rd episode: "The empire has fallen and the Death Star has returned" ...or something like that?
bobinator
AG
I don't think so. I don't remember anything about the Death Star in the episode.
MandoArms
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Which would make things interesting if he's alive during the ST. Although I guess he could still be way too young to make any difference, but it does make me wonder where he is during those events, and if he'll play any role in TROS.

The thing that bugs me is that Yoda should have know about its existence throughout the OT. He should be able to sense a force-user that powerful, right? Let alone one of his own species.
That's not how the force works....
IG: mando_arms
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
bobinator said:

Be really great if we all thought Mando was being benevolent and compassionate to baby yoda, then took him to some sort of gladitorial competition or to train as a pod racer so he could profit off his powers.

The rumor though based on a set report is
He somehow finds a planet or colony of Yoda's species and takes the child there
ChipFTAC01
AG
I think I heard that as well. In the fiRst 10 minutes or so (because I had to rewatch that part). Maybe when he's down in the Mando lair?

It didn't dawn on me that the timeline were off.
Objective Aggie
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

bobinator said:

Be really great if we all thought Mando was being benevolent and compassionate to baby yoda, then took him to some sort of gladitorial competition or to train as a pod racer so he could profit off his powers.

The rumor though based on a set report is
He somehow finds a planet or colony of Yoda's species and takes the child there
Like Endor, but with yodas?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I Have Spoken said:

Atreides Ornithopter
AG
What was the name of the animal that Thrawn had that repelled the force in the book series. Those have never been introduced into current canon right? Baby yoda needs one for a pet...
bobinator
AG
Okay I just re-listened to it.

She says 'the empire is no longer, and the BESKAR has returned."

She's talking about the beskar steel that was stolen/taken from the Mandalorians that he brought back.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Ysalamiri
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I Have Spoken said:

I'd like to see a Home Alone / Star Wars crossover with a de-aged Jake Lloyd running around the Temple when all the Masters and Knights go a conference or something.

Duncan Idaho
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Damn it...now I need a photoshop with "the claw" from toy story
Article 58-10 Offender
Quote:

But I'd like to float a different theory, that Yoda DOES know. And not only does he know, it's actually Yoda's child.
if there's one thing I know, it's that Yoda F***S
tk for tu juan
Philip J Fry
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I think I heard that as well. In the fiRst 10 minutes or so (because I had to rewatch that part). Maybe when he's down in the Mando lair?

It didn't dawn on me that the timeline were off.

Yeah. That's about when I remember the quote. I'll have to go back and watch it, but it threw me for a loop the first time I heard it.
HeadGames
AG
Has someone made a Baby [redacted] only thread yet?
wangus12
AG
bobinator said:

She's talking about the beskar steel that was stolen/taken from the Mandalorians that he brought back.
Yep this is what she says
bobinator
AG
huge missed 'This is the way' opportunity there.
Objective Aggie
AG
bobinator said:

I misheard the same thing. Thanks for clarification.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.