*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

331,542 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
bearamedic99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I missed that he ran out of ammo. My tablet is dark
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brace yourselves. Baby Yoda merch is coming.

https://www.cnet.com/news/disney-plus-star-wars-series-the-mandalorian-has-baby-yoda-merch-coming/
Jim01
AG
He used 4 on the storm troopers but there were like 20 or so it looked like when they were loaded up.
Kate Beckett
AG
If anyone is my texags secret Santa, I'll be adding it shortly.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://instagr.am/p/B5EtJiZnQwa
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Through 3 episodes, my highest praise is that for the first 40 minutes of episode 1 it was exactly ty ly what we thought and since then it's been one fascinating surprise after another
kyledr04
AG
I kept wondering why he didn't have a jet pack then the others showed up and he agreed he needed one at the end.

Great episode.
Ferg
So far, this show alone has been worth the price of admission.

Its going to be awesome once they ramp up all the Marvel shows.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jokershady
AG
Anyone else notice this prop in the background?

It was leaning against a wall around the time Mando was coming back for baby Yoda.

jokershady
AG
And yes this episode was the tits! It was obvious that he was going to go back for baby yoda but was still fun to watch!

Action sequences at the end were great so now without knowing exactly where he's going I'm definitely looking forward to chapter 4
PatAg
AG
jokershady said:

Anyone else notice this prop in the background?

It was leaning against a wall around the time Mando was coming back for baby Yoda.

YES! I loved that
PatAg
AG
You guys seeing that people are convinced Boba Fett was one of the bounty hunters that launched in? Helmet has the same paint scheme
bonfarr
AG
PatAg said:

You guys seeing that people are convinced Boba Fett was one of the bounty hunters that launched in? Helmet has the same paint scheme

So BF crawled out of the Sarlacc pit? I always thought his death was so slapstick for a character with that much promise.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
AliasMan02
AG
Chow is a hero. That ruled. Can't wait to see what she does with Kenobi.
Cromagnum
AG
I thought he had enough Beskar for a cuirass, but then he came out with his other shoulder pauldron, new chest piece and it looked like new gauntlets as well.
israeliag
AG
What a great episode. Obviously the action was just terrific, but the emotion and expression they pulled out of all the Mandalorians was incredible. Somehow a sudden pause of the arm, a fast movement here, a slow one there, a tilt of the head, a slight shift in the score: all conveyed so much depth of thought and feeling.

I'd be content if Mando never takes off his helmet.
israeliag
AG
A couple thoughts:

1. Any way the blacksmith is Sabine?
2. Could Phasma's chrome suit be beskar steel? (I don't quite think so given her face mask cracked, but the shininess of Mando's brand new beskar armor had a very chrome dome feel to it.)
PatAg
AG
C@LAg said:

PatAg said:

so the likelier explanation is that Boba stole his armor from a Mando from that clan

but of course, EVERYTHING has to be tied together in some people's minds.
Yea, personally I don't think it's him. But apparently its cannon (new books or something) that they found his armor on Tatoine but not his helmet. Which is apparently the way.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

I legitimately pumped my fist when the other Mandos showed up.
Wonderful to see them divisive in private and then whipping ass in public.

What struck me most of all, and I imagine our resident prequel expert will agree, is that they made the events of the clone wars scary. At no time in 3 movies did I find battle droids or their ships scary, because they were fighting super-powered Jedi or faceless legions of clones. When that droid bomber swept down over Mando's town - and if you've played the original Battlefront 2, you've flown that thing 100 times, it was like - **** these people are getting slaughtered. And then watching the super battle droid towering over normal people and terrorizing them, that was such a different vibe than seeing them do slapstick with R2D2 at the beginning of Revenge of the Sith. Making the prequels a legit part of this story is a real accomplishment, bravo.

Watching 2 & 3 again with my wife and my 7 year old superfan and my wife said the best 10 words in the English language "When does the next episode of The Mandalorian come out?"
exitone
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

And then watching the super battle droid towering over normal people and terrorizing them, that was such a different vibe than seeing them do slapstick with R2D2 at the beginning of Revenge of the Sith.
Exactly this. It was so jarring, that for a split second I thought I was seeing a Cylon from BSG.

This is the exact presentation of material that the Star Wars universe needed. This should all make us even more excited for the Kenobi series.
exitone
AG
So a few questions...

1) What was the comment that was made about Mandalorians never taking off their helmet. I know in the CW series, they did all the time. Did I hear this right? And seriously, how do you not take your helmet off. Is this just an 'in-public thing'?

2) I probably need to watch again, but when they gave him the whistling birds, at first I thought he was going to take that as a signet, but I guess he said instead of giving me a signet, give me something else. My question is what made these rare? Were they comprised in part by the baskar? Or is it just really different to pull something from the Harry Potter Universe into the SW Universe?

And a few comments....

1) Damn, baby Yoda just gets cuter and cuter.

2) I'm pretty sure this somehow plays into a larger story. In some way, it will relate to TROS. But I'm also liking a comment I saw mentioned where my favorite character... Ahsoka comes back with Sabine to get Baby Yoda and take him away. This is the perfect excuse for Filoni to bring back Ahsoka, and it would give us a plausible exit for Baby Yoda. And with the whole mandalorian story line, it would only fit that Sabine is involved in some way.

And now for fun...
If Ahsoka and Sabine were to make an appearance, who would be portraying them?
I have looked through IMBD for clues, but it looks like they are only rolling the cast out episode by episode. And I haven't heard of any established female actors being cast. So either they have kept this a pretty good secret, a relative unknown is portraying them, or I'm in full fan boy mode here and this isn't happening.

The comment above about the armorer possibly being Sabine, if she takes the helmet off, I think she would be a little young (if that really matters). IMDB says Emily Swallow plays her and is about 40.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2646861/?ref_=tt_cl_t12
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
There's a pretty strong hint about the fate of Baby Yoda from a spy report of MakingStarWars.com a month or tow ago. I'm not going to post it or the link, seeing how as I got in trouble for posting Frozen 2 spoilers after it had been out for 12 hours but if you nose around you can find it.

The Collective
AG
I cant imagine a world where adults care about Frozen 2 spoilers posted on the Internet, but here we are.
AliasMan02
AG
About the "not taking off the helmet," I took it that this is a post-Purge thing. One of the new rules ("the way") after the utter destruction of their society, like only one Mando being in public at a time.

Calling it The Purge may prove confusing, though, as it's not the Jedi Purge.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I hadn't thought of it, but you're absolutely right.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I can't imagine the funk in those helmets if they really never take them off. Do Mandos not shower? Imagine sleeping in those things.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
When Mando was waking the streets with Baby Yoda and everyone's beepers started going off..............yep, that was the end of John Wick 2 when the contract went out on him.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
CJS4715 said:

I cant imagine a world where adults care about Frozen 2 spoilers posted on the Internet, but here we are.
yeah, I need staff to go back to august and retroactively ban me for posting spoilers on opening day of Dora and the Lost City of Gold apparently.
redline248
AG
Ahsoka has to be about OT Kenobi age at this point, right? I still have a hard time thinking Filoni is ready to cast someone to play her in a live format. I guess what I could see is Sabine walking toward a ship with the baby with a blurry silhouette of Ahsoka in the background. Something that most of us would understand without having to really cast anyone.

Also, how well known would Sabine be among surviving Mandalorians, at this point? I know in the rebels timeline she was very significant, but we're about 8-10 years out from those events? Could the smith be Bo Katan? What happened to the other major players in that Mandalorian arc from rebels?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
AustinAg2K
Just finished episode 3, and I'm enjoying the series, but I think it's only because of Baby Yoda. I find Mando kind of boring, and the other side characters don't really have any depth. I really liked the robot bounty hunter, but they got rid of him real fast. I hope they bring another one of him in. I think there is a ton of potential in the series, but right now it leaves a lot to be desired.
exitone
AG
I did hear somewhere that John Favreau is credited with the voice of the big mandalorian in this episode. And that mando was named something Vizsla.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.