*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

351,371 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oops.
bearamedic99
AG
cbr
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Ole Miss should try to grab Baby Yoda as their mascot.
no dont. its a trap!
YouBet
AG
When Baby Yoda finally force chokes someone to death....we will respect his decision.
cc10106
Claude! said:

twilly said:

This is from We Got This Covered, so take that as you will. But I still think it's funny

Creator Jon Favreau and director Taika Waititi claim to be the only ones who know the truth and now, Waititi has spilled the beans. Kinda. Responding to a Twitter post asking for best guesses as to Baby Yoda's real name, he said the following:

"I think it's Nigel."

Just so long as they're making plans for him.
We only want what's best for him.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
YouBet said:

When Baby Yoda finally force chokes someone to death....we will respect his decision.

Be careful what you wish for...
https://instagr.am/p/B64xITPAsB0

(tbh, even though it's clearly fake, seeing BY go down a path I can't follow broke my heart)
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Urban Ag
AG
bearamedic99 said:

that's just literally f'ing stupid

heddleston
AG
bearamedic99
AG
This should have included a trailer for the new Rick Dalton film...
Fat Bib Fortuna
My incoming birthday present. Because I'm secretly 12, not about to be 46.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
heddleston said:

This is awesome.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Agree. The good, the bad, the ugnaught!
Objective Aggie
AG
heddleston said:

from the onset The Mandalorian felt like the spaghetti westerns. That was my vibe five minutes into episode one.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good lord...

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-mandalorians-baby-yoda-puppet-cost-5-million

Worth every penny.
Kate Beckett
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Good lord...

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-mandalorians-baby-yoda-puppet-cost-5-million

Worth every penny.

Indeed.
Bubba smollett
yeah it doesn't cost 5 mil
CoachRTM
AG
LaQuica said:

yeah it doesn't cost 5 mil

I think the physical puppet + the CGI costs might be $5mil.

Highly doubt the puppet itself costs anywhere near that, ...unless they hired scientists to actually invent a hovering baby crib.
amercer
AG
Cloning is actually pretty expensive
bearamedic99
AG
I thought we covered that BY is not a clone... Too ugly
1997 AG
AG
Regarding the two bike storm troopers in the last episode. I still don't understand exactly what their orders were and why they were waiting to go back into town. If they had just gone ahead and taken BY straight to Gideon while he was obviously in control of the situation, having them pinned down and before IG showed up, he'd have what he wants. Seemed like an unnecessary delay?
Belton Ag
AG
1997 AG said:

Regarding the two bike storm troopers in the last episode. I still don't understand exactly what their orders were and why they were waiting to go back into town. If they had just gone ahead and taken BY straight to Gideon while he was obviously in control of the situation, having them pinned down and before IG showed up, he'd have what he wants. Seemed like an unnecessary delay?
Gideon ordered them to hold up so that hijinks would ensue, and ensue they did.
Fat Bib Fortuna
1997 AG said:

The two of them were not Gideon's guys, there were part of the unit already in town. When they got close, thy checked in and were informed that a transition of power was going on that had resulted in the previous guy and a squadron of his stormtroopers being executed. Since they had no idea who else might be getting punished, they hung around outside of town waiting for things to settle down.
1997 AG
AG
Belton Ag said:

1997 AG said:

Gideon ordered them to hold up so that hijinks would ensue, and ensue they did.
1997 AG
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

1997 AG said:

The two of them were not Gideon's guys, there were part of the unit already in town. When they got close, thy checked in and were informed that a transition of power was going on that had resulted in the previous guy and a squadron of his stormtroopers being executed. Since they had no idea who else might be getting punished, they hung around outside of town waiting for things to settle down.
This makes sense. Thanks.
twilly
AG
I had heard about new filming technologies used on this show, but I didn't realize they shot almost the entire series indoors.

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
double aught
AG
Why has no one mentioned the Imp's line in the penultimate episode when he wants to see BY and Carl Weathers tells him that Baby Yoda is asleep: "We all will be quiet".
redline248
AG
That line was awesome, but got lost in all the chaos that happened right after
YouBet
AG
Um, did they just accidentally let slip that BY is the Yoda or is the telling of this story made up?

Quote:

Favreau: 'I just want to let you know that this is the hero Yoda [the main prop used for close-ups] and it costs, like, $5 million. So while I want you to hit it, I just want you to know that.'
The Collective
AG
I don't read it that way
PatAg
AG
YouBet said:

Um, did they just accidentally let slip that BY is the Yoda or is the telling of this story made up?

Quote:

Favreau: 'I just want to let you know that this is the hero Yoda [the main prop used for close-ups] and it costs, like, $5 million. So while I want you to hit it, I just want you to know that.'

he's using Yoda as a term for the species, not that hard to understand
YouBet
AG
PatAg said:

YouBet said:

Quote:

Except inserting "the hero" in there suggests this is a singular entity. But, I'm sure that's not what he intended.
Rudyjax
AG
It's not.
tamusc
AG
YouBet said:

PatAg said:

YouBet said:

Quote:

Except inserting "the hero" in there suggests this is a singular entity. But, I'm sure that's not what he intended.

Hero in that particular comment refers to the ultra high quality model of the Child used for close up camera work. That's pretty common film parlance for the highest quality version of any particular asset, prop, or model.
powerbelly
AG
YouBet said:

PatAg said:

YouBet said:

Quote:

No it doesnt. A hero prop is the best quality version used for close ups.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.