*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

332,381 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lunchbox said:

BrownCoat said:

One question is why would the Guild send to Bounty Hunters on the same job?

Seems fairly regulated so to me it looks like someone is setting him up.
Well....Mando didn't know who the target was until he met with the Imperial guy. Apollo Creed didn't know when they met at the bar.

Maybe someone else hired the droid...again...without the Guild knowing the target.

Also, it was mentioned that it would be cool for there to be a droid in every ep. Imagine if they all link up to the same neural network.

The droid had specific instructions to kill the target so I assume someone else hired the droid
veryfuller
Staff
AG
Oh I thought it was good. Its in the western genre but with a more modern take. Its a bit of a departure for Star Wars, but didn't feel misplaced to me. I think the main theme is going to be iconic given some time.
easttexasaggie04
AG
How many episodes are we in for?
tk for tu juan
IMDB says nine episodes. It shows Bill Burr on the cast for episode 1. I don't remember hearing him last night
Azariah
AG
9 episodes for Season 1. They've already started shooting season two.

The music was noticeably weaker, but I have hopes that it will get better. It sounded a lot like someone early in their career trying to copy great Star Wars music.

If you're unfamiliar with the bounty droids
they're a hive mind, similar to, but not exactly like, the Borg. This was IG-11. We see IG-88 in ESB. In the various games, like X-Wing, they play out by having IG-88A, IG-88B, etc. The more of them you get together, the more they Voltron each other up
BenFiasco14
AG
This show is awesome !

I have spoken.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
ADJME7002
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pretty fun first episode. The production quality on this is pretty fantastic. And the OT references are outta control.

Plot-wise, a bit of a slow start? And the vibe I'm getting is that this is gonna be more of an episodic show, a-la Clone Wars, more so than a serialized show? If so, a little disappointing, tbh. Hope that's not the case.

Anyone catch that Holiday Special reference? (Please tell me that doesn't mean it's canon...)

I have spoken.
Dro07
AG
I thought it was said that we can post freely on here as soon as the episode releases outside of future episode spoilers?

So 50 years makes him the same age as Vader roughly
Kate Beckett
AG
I loved the episode.

And OMG BABY YODA IS SO CUTE!
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Pretty fun first episode. The production quality on this is pretty fantastic. And the OT references are outta control.

Plot-wise, a bit of a slow start? And the vibe I'm getting is that this is gobna be more of an episodic show, a-la Clone Wars, more so than a serialized show? If so, a little disappointing, tbh. Hope that's not the case.

Anyone catch that Holiday Special reference? (Please tell me that doesn't mean it's canon...)

I have spoken.

Life Day will always be canon in your heart
wangus12
AG
And I'd say it'll be a mixture of both. There is definitely going to be a main storyline and stuff will build. End of the episode alone sets that up. That said, there will probably be some episodes solely on bountys
Dr. Teeth
AG
ajm4989 said:

10 year old Star Wars fan in my house. Is this appropriate for him?

Should be fine.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I knew the first bounty looked familiar, and turns out, it was Horatio Sanz!
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Loved it!
FTA03
AG
Anywhere to find the back story on Mandalorians? Didn't follow everything discussed with the blacksmith.
Dro07
AG
Someone posted it on a previous page.

jokershady
AG
So.....Yoda did the no pants dance with a little green chick?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Laser Wolf
So the "I have spoken" guy is Nick Nolte. Thought he looked familiar.

Loved episode 1.
TRUMP 2020! KEEP AMERICA GREAT!
CNN is very fake news.
I Stand with Sul Ross.
#NotAnotherDime
BLM is a lie.
Dro07
AG
Yaddle and yoda got it on prior to TPM
exitone
AG
Azariah said:

If you're unfamiliar with the bounty droids
they're a hive mind, similar to, but not exactly like, the Borg. This was IG-11. We see IG-88 in ESB. In the various games, like X-Wing, they play out by having IG-88A, IG-88B, etc. The more of them you get together, the more they Voltron each other up
Yep... this. We haven't seen the last of these bounty droids.

wangus12
AG
dromo07 said:

Yaddle and yoda got it on prior to TPM

To create Yiddle
Belton Ag
AG
Is this the first time another of Yoda's species appears on film? I know that his race and homeworld are supposed to be a big secret.
Dro07
AG
No there was yaddle on the Jedi council in the phantom menace.
Belton Ag
AG
Yeah I had forgotten about that and just looked it up. So much of that movie has been blocked from my mind.
Dro07
AG
Don't worry for the longest time I thought it was yoda with a mullet
Belton Ag
AG
dromo07 said:

Don't worry for the longest time I thought it was yoda with a mullet
Yoda's cousin from Kentucky?
wangus12
AG
There's also plenty of theories that reason they're so rare is because they are born out necessity via the Force
jokershady
AG
I guess this would also mean Yoda was tappin the ass of a woman half his age....cause he was about 850 years old in TPM and Yaddle was 477 I believe. He likes 'em young
exitone
AG
Regarding the armor:

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a29773587/beskar-the-mandalorian-armor-explained/

And Episode One of the new Disney+ series promises we'll explore this lush background beginning with the Mandalorian's legendary armor made from Beskar Iron. This substance is described as "an alloy used in Mandalorian armor, notable for its high tolerance to extreme forms of damage. The metal was durable enough to withstand a direct blaster shot, and could potentially withstand the slash or glancing blow of a lightsaber, though could be penetrated with a direct stab."

This armor is worn by the warrior race from the planet Mandalore. So far, because of the Mandalorian's bloody history, we've only seen a few examples of these people in the Star Wars films, including Boba Fett and Jango Fett. As the Star Wars wkiki describes them:

Mandalorians were a predominantly human ethnolinguistic cultural group who originated on the planet Mandalore. Mandalorians had a particularly unique role in galactic history as legendary warriors against the Jedi, and could be commonly found not only on the Mandalorian homeworld and its moon, Concordia, but across Mandalorian Space and the galaxy at large on worlds such as Kalevala, Krownest, and Concord Dawn. Mandalore had a largely martial history, but by the time of the Clone Wars the pacifist and reformist New Mandalorian political faction controlled Mandalore's government, led by Duchess Satine Kryze. This led to internal conflict with other Mandalorian groups like Death Watch, who wanted to maintain the warrior ways of their Mandalorian heritage.
Mandalorian's are best known by the armor with T-shaped helmets made famous by Boba Fett in George Lucas's original trilogy. And this armor appears to be a key plot point in this new series, which takes place shortly after the events of Return of the Jedi and before The Force Awakens. In The Mandalorian's first episode, our mysterious protagonist is granted a slab of Beskar from Werner Herzog's character in exchange for taking a bounty. He brings it to what appears to be some sort of Mandalorian tribal hut, where a fellow Mando flattens it into a "pauldron," and attaches it to the bounty hunter's armor.
The blacksmith mentions that the metal was recovered during the Great Purge. Now, it's unclear as to what the Great Purge is referencing. This might have something to do with The Empire's occupation of Mandalore. Or it could possibly have something to do with Order 66, the massacre of the Jedi carried out by The Empire. What we do know is that this Beskar armor will have a sacred place in this story going forward, as our character delves more into the Mandalorians' storied past.

bobinator
AG
Just finished, really liked the first episode and excited to see where this goes.
jokershady
AG
All joking aside, I'm wondering if this first episode reveal is possibly indicating something...

palpatine had a bunch of contingency plans to implement in the event of this death. What if one of them was this order to kill the assumed child of Yoda? That would have essentially made the mandalorian employed by palpatine.

We've got approximately 5-6 more episodes before TROS releases in theaters. What if this thing goes way deeper than we had thought?
amercer
AG
I don't know what I just watched, but **** yeah!
wangus12
AG
Like someone said earlier, I'll be somewhat disappointed if there are any major tie-ins to the Saga films. There will be references and minor stuff but no major things. I'm curious to see how high up Herzog's character was. I'm still thinking he was a Moff somewhere

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.