***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

260,981 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
Blindside05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Definitely missed a few connections. Gonna have to rewatch s2 e1 before I watch tonight's episode
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good opener.
zgood10
AG
Gus Fring
Complete Idiot
Actors from Fargo and Breaking Bad, my two favorite series
M.C. Swag
AG
Overall better episode than episode 1 but there's still something missing. I find myself infinitely more intrigued with events in the past than ones in the current timeline (which isn't good).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The retirement party for Delos - was this after the William/Logan timeline of season 1?

For whatever reason, I had assumed Logan had died when William put him naked on that horse.

So any thoughts on what the weapon is? Something to do with the flood?
Liquid Wrench
Has to be after. William is taking over for the old man and Logan has needle tracks. William broke him.
Quinn
AG
He call the weapon his "greatest mistake", whatever it was.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Has to be after. William is taking over for the old man and Logan has needle tracks. William broke him.

And william of that time knows all about the park and apparently things like data collection, etc. as he sells the elder Delos on it.

William of S1 knew nothing going into the park.
LHIOB
AG
That was one of my favorite episodes of TV Ive seen in a long time.
amercer
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The retirement party for Delos - was this after the William/Logan timeline of season 1?

For whatever reason, I had assumed Logan had died when William put him naked on that horse.

I think the weapon is the data that Delos has been collecting. I figured Logan was dead as well, but I guess black hat William continued to own him in the real world as well. From season one it's not hard to see him becoming self destructive.

Good episode. I don't love the idea that the whole season will be the two week interlude, but I love all the backstory stuff
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

I don't love the idea that the whole season will be the two week interlude
We don't know that yet. They could surprise us by breaking stride and going straight forward at some point. It's strongly suggested that we're finding out what Delos is really about, and I think they'd have to come back to the "present" reactions and the rest of the world finding out what went down.
amercer
AG
True. The after credits stuff teased a lot of "present", but we'll see.
hunter2012
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yep, this was after his visit to the park and shows how he became Delos' heir. Logan didn't die, but apparently he self destructed after they left the park since WIlliam pushed him out.
TCTTS
AG
A phenomenal breakdown of tonight's episode below.

Man, I love where this is heading. I found the flashbacks so incredibly compelling - more so than the "two weeks ago" timeline at first - but the reveal of the weapon conceit was so well handled and just so damn cool, that I'm more in on that timeline now than ever. Whatever it is, William built it and showed it to Delores. Now he's in a race to destroy it while she's making her way to use it. That's ****ing awesome.

Each of these two episodes this season have felt like movies unto themselves with revelations at the end we'd normally have to wait years to answer before the sequels. But here, we only have to wait a week for answers... and more questions, of course... but in the best way.

I love this show so much.

TCTTS
AG
Also, it was a great touch to have Logan in shock at the tech and specifically say that no one else was even close to doing anything that advanced. Helps a bit if that really was 2017ish.
Skitch05
AG
amercer said:

I think the weapon is the data that Delos has been collecting.

Agreed.

I'll wrap further speculation in spoiler tags, just since I don't quite know the rules for this thread yet.
And I bet they are converging on the data center that Bernard and Charlotte went to, which is probably the construction that young William showed Delores
TCTTS
AG
That said, while the cityscape in the beginning featured a shot of modern-day LA (when Arnold and Delores are outside at night walking across that bridge), none of the other cityscape shots in latter flashbacks looked anything like LA. I took a few screenshots in HBO Go, only to discovered that they're blacked out when saved, but it wasn't a city I recognized at all. Almost like a futuristic Dubai/New York/San Diego hybrid with a cityscape right on the ocean. The only think that might come close is Hong Kong, but I don't think that was it. Though, Arnold and Delores walk by a very prominently featured Chinese restaurant, and the man Logan is first talking to in that restaurant looks to be Chinese as well. I'm only pointing all this out because if it's not a recognizable city, it must be one in the future, which wouldn't place Arnold and Robert's initial work in 2017, as has been hinted.
TCTTS
AG
Also, do you guys think that's the last we see of young William/Logan for a while, if not ever? The trailers haven't featured any other shots with them as far as I can recall, but I'm wondering if there's still more of young William showing Delores the weapon.
Counterpoint
AG
TCTTS said:

it wasn't a city I recognized at all. Almost like a futuristic Dubai/New York/San Diego hybrid with a cityscape right on the ocean.
Have you ever seen anything so full of splendor?
M.C. Swag
AG
TCTTS said:

That said, while the cityscape in the beginning featured a shot of modern-day LA (when Arnold and Delores are outside at night walking across that bridge), none of the other cityscape shots in latter flashbacks looked anything like LA. I took a few screenshots in HBO Go, only to discovered that they're blacked out when saved, but it wasn't a city I recognized at all. Almost like a futuristic Dubai/New York/San Diego hybrid with a cityscape right on the ocean. The only think that might come close is Hong Kong, but I don't think that was it. Though, Arnold and Delores walk by a very prominently featured Chinese restaurant, and the man Logan is first talking to in that restaurant looks to be Chinese as well. I'm only pointing all this out because if it's not a recognizable city, it must be one in the future, which wouldn't place Arnold and Robert's initial work in 2017, as has been hinted.

Based on context clues from the prior episode, I don't think they are on continental US. Remeber Arnold specifically showed Dolores his new home and how he wants to be close to "both worlds" (his family world and Westworld). In e01, we have some inclination to believe Westworld is close to a Chinese territory. I could see that city being a futuristic Hong Kong or somewhere in the East China Sea.
M.C. Swag
AG
TCTTS said:

Also, do you guys think that's the last we see of young William/Logan for a while, if not ever? The trailers haven't featured any other shots with them as far as I can recall, but I'm wondering if there's still more of young William showing Delores the weapon.

I'm not ready to write them off but it does seem like they've played their purpose. We know how William rises to power, we see it was his vision to use guest DNA for other purposes, and we know Logan survived his bareback excursion to fall into what he's become. The only thread of plot still left hanging (that was also just introduced) is William's child. I didn't think we knew he had kids before, right? I'm curious to see what's become of her in the 30+ years.
HerschelwoodHardhead
AG
I'm pretty sure it was the Corpus skyline, viewed from across the bay.
OldArmy71
AG
I lived in Corpus with my brother. We were always on the run.

Makes you think.
DartAg1970
AG
M.C. Swag said:

TCTTS said:

I'm not ready to write them off but it does seem like they've played their purpose. We know how William rises to power, we see it was his vision to use guest DNA for other purposes, and we know Logan survived his bareback excursion to fall into what he's become. The only thread of plot still left hanging (that was also just introduced) is William's child. I didn't think we knew he had kids before, right? I'm curious to see what's become of her in the 30+ years.
I thought in season 1, old William mentioned he came back to the park in part because his wife killed herself and her daughter blamed him and wants nothing to do with him. I can't remember if this was something he told Robert or something he told Teddy while they were traveling, but I think he told someone.
M.C. Swag
AG
DartAg1970 said:

M.C. Swag said:

TCTTS said:

I thought in season 1, old William mentioned he came back to the park in part because his wife killed herself and her daughter blamed him and wants nothing to do with him. I can't remember if this was something he told Robert or something he told Teddy while they were traveling, but I think he told someone.

Gotcha, thanks. Did not remember that.
zgood10
AG
I loved the "F you, Robert" from William after all Lazo's men killed themselves
Malcolm52
AG
Really miss Hopkins, but that was an awesome episode
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Malcolm52 said:

Really miss Hopkins, but that was an awesome episode

Was interesting how they worked in his voice at the party with Arnold. But it only made me wish it was really him.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Good rundown of the timeline from Ep. 2.

Article.
Quinn
AG
MiB said that his wife took pills and drowned in the bathtub and his daughter blamed him for it.
TCTTS
AG
They did make it a point to say Williams daughter's name (Emily) in a way that stood out. I'm sure we'll finally meet the adult version of her eventually.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Good rundown of the timeline from Ep. 2.

Article.

Excellent breakdown.
MW03
AG
So the girl Logan met at the party, the same girl William met when he first arrived at WW, is real or is a host? I thought she was a host, and specifically the "other girl" that Ford told Arnold to go with when Arnold was with Delores in the beginning of the episode, but I couldn't really understand the look she gave Delores as she was getting dressed after the sexbot orgy. Seemed like there was some subtext there between them that didn't really make sense to me if they were both hosts. Almost like the girl was jealous, and Delores was just confused.
LHIOB
AG
MW03 said:

So the girl Logan met at the party, the same girl William met when he first arrived at WW, is real or is a host? I thought she was a host, and specifically the "other girl" that Ford told Arnold to go with when Arnold was with Delores in the beginning of the episode, but I couldn't really understand the look she gave Delores as she was getting dressed after the sexbot orgy. Seemed like there was some subtext there between them that didn't really make sense to me if they were both hosts. Almost like the girl was jealous, and Delores was just confused.

Host. Shes currently with Delores killing guests.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.