***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

256,068 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
claym711
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Best show currently running.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I absolutely love Westworld, but GoT is still running.
amercer
AG
SWCBonfire said:

dromo07 said:

More like tongue in cheek. Season didn't end as a real cliff hanger like last season 1. The whole Bernard and Deloris fighting out in the real world doesn't sound as appealing but that just maybe me.

It's not just you.

I guess the show is going to change its name to "_ World", because it looks like they've given up completely on the western part.

I love the show, but they are going to have to have something great in the bag to keep it interesting. Staying trapped in the fake worlds would have gotten stale at some point, but it will be a major challenge of the writers SciFi chops to keep this going in the real world. Hopefully they don't ditch the philosophy completely and just turn it into an action show.
TCTTS
AG
Based on interviews, the showrunners have said that the plot that starts in season three was what they were aiming for from the beginning. They almost make it sound like the first two seasons were just set up for the plot that they really wanted to get into now. I have no idea if it will be a success or not, but at least we know that they've not only had a plan for it since the beginning, but that they seem legitimately excited to finally be where they are.
Liquid Wrench
Which is interesting because they've also given interviews in which they said that the "world" scenarios had limitless potential for one on one conflict. One thing for sure is they know how to work TV writers and build anticipation.
TCTTS
AG
It's worth reiterating that they're not abandoning the park. The show is expanding, not completely changing. Maeve is still in the park, as are a few other minor characters, and I bet we get a new character or two in the park as well. I'd also be willing to bet that they take another page from Lost's playbook and that Delores & co will eventually have to break back into the park at some point for whatever reason. Maybe that's how season three ends, with a "We have to go back" vibe on the Delores side of things.
ja86
AG
the park is run by robots now. why do we care what is happening in park.

now what they need to do is go full blown blade runner and go hunters vs killers....
amercer
AG
So it's make believe and they can do whatever they want, but it's going to stretch suspension of disbelief realllllllly thin if the parks are still open. Thousands of the richest most powerful people on earth were killed by robots in the parks. In reality those islands would be nuked from space.
bobinator
AG
Dolores and whoever is in Charlotte's body need money in the real world so I'm guessing they're going to try and get jobs but it's unclear what sort of practical skills they might have.

Two Broke Girls prequel confirmed
aTmAg
AG
The addition of Aaron Paul makes me more excited for Season 3. For a guy with no prior acting experience prior to BB, he did pretty damned good. BB spoiler: When Tuco was about to kill him, he was pretty damned convincing. I don't know anything about Bojack Horseman, but I've been hoping to see Paul in more stuff.
Counterpoint
AG
aTmAg said:

I don't know anything about Bojack Horseman, but I've been hoping to see Paul in more stuff.

It's great, but his character is mostly just a goofy sidekick.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thandie Newton gets the Emmy for supporting actress.
91_Aggie
AG
So i loved season 1, but season 2 seemed like a hot mess. Am i in the minority about season 2?
amercer
AG
I thought it was awesome and a hot mess, but that the hot mess was brilliantly intentional so that we were all forced to go through season 2 as ****ed up as Bernard was.

Reasonable people can disagree though.
Fenrir
Would it be more enjoyable binged vs watching one episode per week?
TCTTS
AG
I'm one of the few, it seems, who thought season two was brilliant, and this is very well put. I absolutely loved the structure/confusion, which felt 100% intentional.
Ol Jock 99
AG
91_Aggie said:

So i loved season 1, but season 2 seemed like a hot mess. Am i in the minority about season 2?

I won't go full hot mess, but very forgettable. The wife and I would discuss at length and rewatch each episode of Season 1. Season 2, with some brilliant exceptions, was just good TV for us.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

I'm one of the few, it seems, who thought season two was brilliant, and this is very well put. I absolutely loved the structure/confusion, which felt 100% intentional.
yep
91_Aggie
AG
I understand the intentional confusion... but in the end after all the confusion is cleared up, it was still a bad story.
bobinator
AG
TCTTS said:

I also really liked it, but I do have a couple of issues with some of the things that happened. It wasn't the 'hot mess'-ness of it that I didn't care for though. That part I really liked since like you said, it was on purpose.

There were just some things in season two that felt completely pointless and/or like they were making it up as they were going along.
Tobias Funke
AG
I loved Season 2. There's not another weekly show on TV that I look forward to or talk about / read about more.
TCTTS
AG
bobinator said:

TCTTS said:

I also really liked it, but I do have a couple of issues with some of the things that happened. It wasn't the 'hot mess'-ness of it that I didn't care for though. That part I really liked since like you said, it was on purpose.

There were just some things in season two that felt completely pointless and/or like they were making it up as they were going along.

Yeah, for me, their big "action" episode - trying to emulate Game of Thrones - with that big fort set piece was a total bust and just didn't make much sense. And I agree that a couple other minor things throughout the season were a little off (Delores' arc, Shogunworld was kind of a let down, etc.). But overall, I LOVED the epic, mind-bending quality of it all. All the backstory with Delos was endlessly captivating to me, I thought the two-week back-fill structure/mystery was fantastic (and how it all hinged on Bernard), and I could not have been more into Williams' quest. I thought the ending was brilliant, too, and it opened the show up to be something completely different and exciting for season three.
claym711
AG
The writing, acting, and overal story of this show absolutely blows GOT out of the water. It's not close. And, I really enjoy GOT. This story, however, is on another level.
bearamedic99
AG
finally finished this season and this thread.

man, we have some fan boy bullying going on here. It's okay to have different opinions.

This season definitely tried to be too clever and was too muddied. Even the finale, which tried to spell things out, did not clarify too many lingering questions.

Elsie and William were definitely human (in theory, Elsie could have been a host but why?). Stubbs, while not clearly per the show, was not a human since he dropped so many hints to Charlores that he wasn't.

So were all QA guys hosts? Will we ever learn if Emily/Grace was a human or a host?

Some of you are certain that Charlores took the minds if Maeve and company but why? They had different goals and methods. It's more likely she took Teddy, Angela, and Clementine.

I like a good scifi show and will likely keep watching season 3 but they need to make this show less of a puzzle for those who don't use Reddit.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.