***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

256,063 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Of course, couldn't the tiger be a purposeful misdirect to make us think we're seeing the same tiger, when in fact it's two completely different timelines? (ie. Season 1)

And maybe this uprising somehow happened before in a different park and they managed to stop it before it spread?

But, that still doesn't explain the lack of accent. I have to watch again to pay attention to it.
TCTTS
AG
That feels like way too much of a misdirection. In fact, there's misdirection, then there's straight up lying, and that would definitely feel like the latter.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I need to stop going to Reddit.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, I agree it's gotta be the same tiger or that would be insanity. It's kind of like a few things that could technically be true but would mean the showrunners are basically straight up lying to the audience like TCTTS said.

The story involving the woman from the Indian park is happening around the same time as the stuff happening in Westworld, though when exactly is still open.

We know she hooked up with that dude before the guns could shoot people, and they went on the Tiger hunt afterward. But not so much afterward that the other park was in full fledged chaos. And we can probably reasonably assume (because her and the Tiger went into the water at the same time, it would make sense that they wash onshore around the same time) that she was picked up by the Ghost Nation before Bernard/Stubbs and the tac team saw the Tiger in their timeline.
bobinator
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I need to stop going to Reddit.
Reddit to me is like overkill. This thread has a manageable number of people where there are enough theories that it's fun to talk about them, but not so many that every single conceivable plot twist has been discussed.

Like here it's like "did that matter? maybe? hard to say for sure it's possible" and obviously when reddit theories get popular enough that there are articles about them people bring them here also to discuss, but it still serves as like a filter of sorts.

There it's like "BERNARD IS JON SNOW CONFIRMED: I ran all of the music from season one concurrently through Audacity at 125% speed and it sort of sounded like dragons, but not just ANY dragon..."
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. This thread is the perfect amount of theory and discussion, and serves as a Reddit filter, where only the most worthy topics of discussion even make it here. I love it.
BBRex
AG
bobinator said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I have to admit, the way the switch flipped so quickly on Dolores does bother me a bit. She instantly goes to wanting to "dominate the world" in literally no time flat.

I understand she has the Wyatt programming inside her, but her going full Skynet mode so quickly was a bit abrupt for me.
I sort of agree, but also, she suddenly can remember everything she's ever seen or that's happened to her. How many times she's been 'raped', killed, etc. She also knows William is in the park, and she can remember everything about him now also. Remembering him from who he was, to what he's done (which we still don't know everything) to who he is now transformed her character.

This was someone she thought she loved, and then she sees who he's become and it kind of disillusioned her. It's worth noting that as far as we know Dolores hasn't had any meaningful interaction with any 'good' humans right? She doesn't really have any reason to think that there is any good in anyone.

I agree that it's jarring though.

Specifically, in this episode, her willingness to get a bunch of other hosts killed and not care about it. She sees all of the other hosts as expendable also, which is pretty concerning.
I think she also sort of sees that not all of the hosts have or are ready to "evolve" into something else. Those not at that level are definitely expendable to her.

Also, about the swords, maybe the hosts rotate the sword in hand to connect with the flat side when they battle humans?
mhayden
Could be a mis-direct, but seems odd they'd have a mis-direct that they immediately reveal.

Since Delos certainly seems to be moving in the direction of DNA harvesting/cloning/eternal-existence-in-other-bodies... might we still be seeing Theresa, just in a different body?

Similar mannerisms... wary of getting in bed with a robot...
jabberwalkie09
AG
That thought had crossed my mind as well. Would be interesting if that's what happened. Also especially since wasn't there a body being printed in that room where she was killed in season 1?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

BERNARD IS JON SNOW CONFIRMED
Technically both bas***ds?
bobinator
AG
I think you could be on to something there. It could be a backup body for Theresa. She certainly seemed like she was in-the-know enough that if that was a thing that was possible, she'd be able to do it. That would be very similar to how the stacks work in Altered Carbon, basically she has a backup consciousness saved in case her current one goes down.

I can definitely see that being the case, I like that theory.
Liquid Wrench
TCTTS said:

Agreed. This thread is the perfect amount of theory and discussion, and serves as a Reddit filter, where only the most worthy topics of discussion even make it here. I love it.
This is just me, but I find it a lot more enjoyable to follow a show as it unfolds without reading every theory posted in every corner of the internet. Trying to figure out what might happen if Fan Theory 237 is correct takes away from some of what's happening right before one's very eyes, imo.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Yeah, plus I love getting my mind wrinkled as a show goes on, and that doesn't happen if someone has already guessed that something could have happened.
amercer
AG
Maybe everyone in the future just holds thier cigarettes the same way?

Having a younger backup body Theresa, who is vacationing in the park where as a high level employee she was murdered by her robot lover on the command of the parks creator, seems a bit much...
bobinator
AG
amercer said:

Maybe everyone in the future just holds thier cigarettes the same way?

Having a younger backup body Theresa, who is vacationing in the park where as a high level employee she was murdered by her robot lover on the command of the parks creator, seems a bit much...
So the timelines get confusing, but she wasn't murdered very long ago. Maybe a week?

I'd think the plot would be something like:

She's killed, which triggers her backup consciousness/body to come online. She wants to get to the bottom of what happened, so she stays at the park instead of taking her new body and leaving. She decides the best way back in without being noticed is through the India world. The Tiger Hunt happens at the edge of the India park so that's her cover so she doesn't look like a random guest just wandering around (remember in season one they know where all the guests are.)

But, she doesn't know that a full on revolt has started, she didn't account for that, thus the whole series of events kicks off and she's chased by the tiger, etc, etc.

I'm not saying I'm all in on this theory, but that would at least make logical sense right?
amercer
AG
Yeah, that could work but we've had a bunch of humans die now with no indication that they can be brought back Altered Carbon style.

I think it's more likely that she's the MIBs daughter, although that storyline is a little tricky as her mother sort of committed suicide over the park, making it a less desirable vacation option for her daughter maybe.
TCTTS
AG
If she is Emily, I don't think she was there on vacation. I think we was either tracking down/keeping tabs on her father, or has an agenda of her own. Either way, pretending to be on vacation. Then things went haywire.
amercer
AG
I agree on that front. Maybe she decided that granddads kingdom was supposed to be hers to control.

I assume her map and the logo in Abernathy's code are both related to the weapon/data center/valley beyond place.
TV Casualty
AG
I can definitely see the Teresa connection that people are making. The issue I would have with that is that she knows that Bernard is a host and that Ford has some evil scheme yet to be enacted.

If she was able to have her consciousness transferred to a new body and then get back into the park then she would have also been able to inform the people of Delos of Ford's bad deeds.

Seems like she could have easily stopped the board celebration/massacre in the park under this scenario.
TCTTS
AG
That would make sense. The weapon/data center/valley beyond could not only have a William/Delores face-off, but a William/daughter face-off as well. I like the idea Emily being an added wrinkle.

Also, I'm starting to get the feeling that this season is going to end like that one season of Lost where Juliet finally set off the bomb, the screen went to white, and left us with a huge cliffhanger. I'm betting there's going to be some kind of struggle at the weapon, someone is finally going to either set it off or destroy it - with major consequences for each scenario - and then BAM, we cut to black and have to wait another year and a half to find out what happened.
TV Casualty
AG
TCTTS said:

If she is Emily, I don't think she was there on vacation. I think we was either tracking down/keeping tabs on her father, or has an agenda of her own. Either way, pretending to be on vacation. Then things went haywire.

It seems like the MIB's motivation has changed a bit in season 2. They are insinuating that he is looking for some form of forgiveness or redemption. It would seem that his daughter would play a large role in that arc.

TCTTS
AG
Exactly. Good point.
Belton Ag
AG
TV Casualty said:

TCTTS said:

It seems like the MIB's motivation has changed a bit in season 2. They are insinuating that he is looking for some form of forgiveness or redemption. It would seem that his daughter would play a large role in that arc.

Not sure if he's looking for personal redemtion. I think he just wants to bring the whole thing down.
bobinator
AG
I thought this was pretty funny. The Ringer on Sylvester, the luckiest guy in Westworld.

Maeve's posse running into Armistice's is still bothering me, am I missing something there? Like why is Armistice even keeping Felix and Sylvester alive, let alone toting them around and then she happens to run into Maeve and the gang who only happen to even be underground because they ran into the Ghost Nation?

I know coincidences happen, but that seems insane. Am I missing something?
bobinator
AG
Not necessarily. We don't know how long this reboot process takes and she had no idea of the scale of what Ford has planned. She might have thought she could uncover it, she'd have no idea of really knowing that every human in the park's lives are at risk.
TCTTS
AG
The running-into-each part felt perfectly normal to me. I was honestly surprised they hadn't yet. As for keeping Felix and Sylvester alive, it only makes sense to keep a few technicians around. The hosts don't know everything. At least not yet. The only thing that bothered me about that was that Sylvester is still alive at all. I hate that character so much.
bobinator
AG
Now, with a disclaimer that showrunners aren't above flat out lying, I think you posted an interview with Nolan and Joy where they said that each season was a whole arc. Obviously things carry over, but it sounded like they wanted each season to have a definite end.
emtes
AG
Call me crazy, but I don't see Grace having much importance (yet). I think that scene was to reveal that the hosts have rebelled in other parks, and a that they are venturing into the other parks, as well as tie in the tiger from the trailer and ep.1. The only thing eye raising IMO was that the ghost nation was there right when she got to shore. Bringing up the aforementioned theory of ghost nations interest in the humans or potentially park employees.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Speaking of Lost, "See you in another life, brotha."

bobinator
AG
But Maeve et al are on a mission to find something, and have been for at least a couple of days, and they're so far away from the central headquarters that Sizemore doesn't even know where they are, and yet Armistice is also way out there also?

Maybe I'm overrating how far they've travelled?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Black hat, or white hat?
TV Casualty
AG
bobinator said:

Not necessarily. We don't know how long this reboot process takes and she had no idea of the scale of what Ford has planned. She might have thought she could uncover it, she'd have no idea of really knowing that every human in the park's lives are at risk.

She didn't know the extent of Ford's plans, but you would think that her first statement to Delos would have been "Ford used a host to kill me and we can't trust him".
bobinator
AG
True, it's obviously not a rock solid theory, there would be things that needed explanation, but I still like it as an outside-the-box counter theory to "it's definitely William's daughter."

My money would definitely be on it being Williams' daughter, I just like the idea given the available evidence.
Independent George
AG
Delores mentions that she freed herself with the pull of a trigger, killing Ford, but accidentally started a war.

I really liked the scene where she tests Teddy on if he would be able to "break free" and pull the trigger as well after the battle. Poor teddy is still just a child.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Independent George said:

Delores mentions that she freed herself with the pull of a trigger, killing Ford, but accidentally started a war.

I really liked the scene where she tests Teddy on if he would be able to "break free" and pull the trigger as well after the battle. Poor teddy is still just a child.

Not that I completely disagree, but I think you could argue that him not shooting the Confederado was his "break free" and pull the trigger moment. Sizemore touched on it, and Maeve is somewhat of an example, but the hosts don't apparently completely break free of their programming. Maeve's attachment to her "child" and Teddy's obvious moral compass that's surfaced a couple of times, demonstrate this to some degree.

While I agree with Delores breaking free moment was when she murdered Ford, I think you could argue that her memories from her previous life cycles and the Wyatt profile have brought us to where we are now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.