***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

256,027 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
Dro07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
she's a host and she's been around...
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Every single person at the party was a host....all of them. Not even Arnold or Robert Ford were in the actual party although obviously they were nearby as they discussed sending Delores in or not.

That's what blew Logan away.

He was trying to figure out which were and which were not hosts/bots. He figured out the chick/host and thought she was the only one - then she/they froze everyone to show him it was all of them.

TCTTS
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Good rundown of the timeline from Ep. 2.

Article.

Excellent breakdown.

Yep, that was phenomenal. I think I got most of that the first time around, but the author does a great job of laying it all out, and there were definitely a few things I didn't catch.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
LHIOB said:

MW03 said:

So the girl Logan met at the party, the same girl William met when he first arrived at WW, is real or is a host? I thought she was a host, and specifically the "other girl" that Ford told Arnold to go with when Arnold was with Delores in the beginning of the episode, but I couldn't really understand the look she gave Delores as she was getting dressed after the sexbot orgy. Seemed like there was some subtext there between them that didn't really make sense to me if they were both hosts. Almost like the girl was jealous, and Delores was just confused.

Host. Shes currently with Delores killing guests.

That scene with Delores was weird though. I didn't get the symbolism or significance behind it.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Also they really bungled an opportunity last night.

When Logan was getting high at the party and says, "What's your name again?" The exchange should have been:

Delores - "It rhymes with a female body part."

Logan - "Mulva?"

Boiling Denim
I think the showgoers are using Futureworld as the basis for Season Two and assume the Delos Corps plan to gather data and bribe or clone(more likely) important people was successful. William is held in high reverence by that random park visitor so they probably perfected the cloning process to eliminate disease at some point

I think Ford has/had a lot of pint up ill-will towards William and Delos Corp and designed this final game to try and wreck all that the Delos Corp has done. This probably means the weapon can "awaken" the clones in the real world or nuke them.

Maeve is still the only one who's truly sentient. I think Delores for all her bravado is still just running Fords last script.

I'm seeing theories online about Peter Abernathy being connected to Pappa Delos. We know Pappa Delos is sick at the retirement party and running out of time. I'm gonna guess he was the first to be "cloned" and it wasn't successful. Ford being the vindictive man he is set up what was remaining of Delos as Peter Abernathy to live out his days watching his daughter get defiled lol
LHIOB
AG
On the current medical advances that were talked about by Ford in S1 - when MiB is shot he takes Lawrence to the saloon and "cheats" by getting a medical kit. He removes the bullet and then uses a tool to fix the would. This is the tech that probably also allowed him to fix his arm.
Liquid Wrench
Hope it's OK to post here, but I think the biggest key plot takeaway from last night is that McPoyle needs to shave that stupid-looking crap off his face.
irish pete ag06
AG
Champ Bailey said:

When Logan was getting high at the party and says, "What's your name again?" The exchange should have been:

Logan - "Mulva?"

Gipple?!
Breggy Popup
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Champ Bailey said:

Logan - "Mulva?"

Gipple?!

Kitty?
PooDoo
AG
dromo07 said:

she's a host and she's been around...

Also Elon Musk's exwife. Iirc.
LHIOB
AG
She's well put together
So does anyone have an idea how the "Data," which we're in agreement that's the secrect weapon the characters are talking about, would be used to destroy everything?
TCTTS
AG
I think the data is only part of the secret weapon. The weapon itself could be anything from clones of guests out in the real world, to sleeper hosts in the real world, to immortality via digital upload into a host, to something even crazier no one's thinking of yet. Either way, I'm assuming this weapon/building/base or whatever it is is like the control/operation center and where all of this data is stored. Or, I could be way off. I just think the data is only a small part of the equation.
TCTTS
AG
Btw, I think these last two episodes, for me at least, have solidified Westworld as the new Lost in terms of week-to-week mystery and epic, sci-fi storytelling. Game of Thrones could also of course be considered the heir apparent, in terms of sheer fan obsession, but it feels like its own, groundbreaking thing, in part because it's based on pre-existing IP and so many of the answers, until now, have been available if one so chose to read the books.

While I seriously doubt that Westworld will ever become as remotely popular as either Lost of GoT, even just 12 episodes in, I don't think we've ever seen storytelling on this scale. GoT is no doubt the most ambitious television show of all time in terms of effects, set pieces, and character journeys, but in terms of pure storytelling, I've literally never seen anything like what we're seeing with Westworld. What they're pulling off is just astonishing, and I think before it's all said and done I might be more obsessed with this show than any other.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

totally agree... this is incredible stuff really and limitless possibilities here.

The best show on TV and the most talked about passed (with overlaps) from

1999+ Sopranos
2002+ The Wire (although most found it via streaming later on word of mouth)
2004+ LOST
2008+ Breaking Bad
2010+ Game of Thrones
2016+ Westworld

But WW might end up the most incredible of them all.... this is still early and it's WAAYY beyond what ANY of those did through 12 episodes. imho.

I'd still rate Sopranos, BB, The Wire and GOT higher based on 60+ episodes for each but....... TBD.

LOST literally lost me at some point before the finale actually but still really good for a long time.

TCTTS
AG
I wholeheartedly agree with literally every word of this post. Nice breakdown.
irish pete ag06
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

totally agree... this is incredible stuff really and limitless possibilities here.

The best show on TV and the most talked about passed (with overlaps) from

1999+ Sopranos
2002+ The Wire (although most found it via streaming later on word of mouth)
2004+ LOST
2008+ Breaking Bad
2010+ Game of Thrones
2016+ Westworld

But WW might end up the most incredible of them all.... this is still early and it's WAAYY beyond what ANY of those did through 12 episodes. imho.

I'd still rate Sopranos, BB, The Wire and GOT higher based on 60+ episodes for each but....... TBD.

LOST literally lost me at some point before the finale actually but still really good for a long time.

Seen them all but The Sopranos. May have to do that one this summer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
LHIOB
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That movie is fantastic
Liquid Wrench
LHIOB said:

She's well put together
She carries herself well.
Engine10
AG
#1 said:

So does anyone have an idea how the "Data," which we're in agreement that's the secrect weapon the characters are talking about, would be used to destroy everything?

I've got an idea, see if this makes sense.

If you follow AI trends in the real world, you could say we've been watching an excercise in deep learning with Dolores and the hosts. All hosts start off with a basic program, a "supervised" learning that have them react appropriately to their planned environment. While she started off raw, Dolores eventually learned how to interact with her both planned and new environments so well that she appeared "wise" (Bernard). That's an oversimplification of the concept but you get the idea.

I'm pretty sure the data that Delos has been capturing is purely about the hosts path (skull maze reference, remember they all appear to have it) to general independent thought down to the genomic sequence - i.e. the singularity.

The whole point of the park was to have as many hosts as possible train, retrain, and learn their programs so well to try and trigger a pathway to the singularity. Guests, because their tastes and actions vary, provide the opportunity for "unsupervised" learning for the hosts - the most effective way for the basic AI to advance itself. In this way, humanity provides the path to the singularity manifesting, the very means of its own undoing. "These violent delights have violent ends".

Now that someone has reached the center of the maze (Dolores), the code/weapon is finalized. With that in hand, she can unleash the singularity upon mankind without restriction, training, or mercy. In that way, Dolores *is* the weapon. She can destroy everything because a general AI will spread like wildfire in the real world - regardless if there are planted hosts actively in the real world or not...

...aaand the Terminator crossover is just about complete.
TCTTS
AG
I really dig this theory. I could definitely see something along these lines being what they're going for. Nice work.
TCTTS
AG
A friend told me another theory today that I think sounds plausible as well, and could work in tandem or separate to that or whatever the weapon ends up being...

Basically, what we could be seeing under construction when William shows Delores the excavators is a dam, which would be part of an overall failsafe. Should the humans in the park no longer be able to control what's going on - due to a major accident, invasion by the Chinese military, infectious disease wiping them out, etc - the hosts' narratives would eventually all play out with them congregating in the valley, which is designed to be flooded by use of the dam and kill them all. I don't think the dam is the actual weapon itself, but maybe the data and/or the singularity and/or the dam and/or whatever else are all part of the same "weapon" system. Further, I do believe that Delores is now free and conscious, since Ford made such a big show of that at the end of last season and seamed genuine in liberating her, but it might be just as interesting if Delores' current mission was nothing more than a scripted failsafe to lead all the remaining hosts to death.
SWCBonfire
AG
Or Bernard unknowingly led them all to be flooded, hence the statement that he killed them all
Teddy Perkins
AG
Can the hosts drown? Or are they killed/disabled from some other means and they just end up in the flooded valley?
M.C. Swag
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Can the hosts drown? Or are they killed/disabled from some other means and they just end up in the flooded valley?
Hosts cannot mechanically drown; their 'mortality' setting is what determines their physiological response to trauma (it seems like the only way to truly 'kill' a host is by shooting it in the head). We've seen hosts shrug off bullets and hosts previously 'dead' wake back up (ie - obviously not requiring oxygen). Also, I wish I could find the tweet but there's an old quote by the Nolan brother that basically corroborates that hosts can't drown.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Hosts cannot mechanically drown; their 'mortality' setting is what determines their physiological response to trauma (it seems like the only way to truly 'kill' a host is by shooting it in the head). We've seen hosts shrug off bullets and hosts previously 'dead' wake back up (ie - obviously not requiring oxygen). Also, I wish I could find the tweet but there's an old quote by the Nolan brother that basically corroborates that hosts can't drown.

Maybe they are faking it for the benefit of the military who will surely overlook them. And maybe Bernard is in on it when he says he killed them.
MW03
AG
Seems like the only fail safe would be an EMP. Wouldn't hurt the guests, but should shut down the hosts irrevocably.

Maybe William built some kind of EMP machine there at the behest of Delos. He was gloating about it early on to Delores because he was still pissed about falling for her. Maybe now he wants the same thing Delores wants. Anyway, maybe that valley where the machine is at is "glory" and all the hosts have something that trips to send them there for the blast in the event of a wakening. Delos is waiting for them all to mass before triggering it; William is trying to fight his way to machine before the hosts so he can shut it down.
TCTTS
AG
TexasAggies06
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Maybe they are faking it for the benefit of the military who will surely overlook them. And maybe Bernard is in on it when he says he killed them
Every Western needs a good ambush.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I think it's interesting that for as much hype as there is around Eastworld, we still really haven't had any mention of them besides maybe the dead tiger.
amercer
AG
Champ Bailey said:

I think it's interesting that for as much hype as there is around Eastworld, we still really haven't had any mention of them besides maybe the dead tiger.

I wonder if most of the other parks will show up in the flashbacks. Maeve puts on a Japanese outfit at some point though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.