***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

256,057 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's one shot, in particular, seemingly confirming a massive theory. Otherwise, I don't understand how those two (major) characters can be sharing the same space...
Complete Idiot
Could be a flashback, one looked less grizzled than he has recently.

https://vimeo.com/240410656 (this is an old SNL video, not WW related if you don't want to waste a click)
bobinator
AG
Which one? We can spoiler tag it for the non trailer folks.

The thing that jumped out to me is that it looks like in one cut scene (the one right after it says "the door") that you can see the edge of park, Truman-show style, like a ripple up into the sky.
Complete Idiot
bobinator said:

Which one? We can spoiler tag it for the non trailer folks.

The thing that jumped out to me is that it looks like in one cut scene (the one right after it says "the door") that you can see the edge of park, Truman-show style, like a ripple up into the sky.
I think he was implying William and Ford together might prove William was in a cradle somewhere? Maybe I'm wrong. I was first caught by William and Dolores together but not sure what theory that would prove. They showed the gun to the head shot, again, and William doesn't look very injured in the scenes I saw. Lots of Host fighting Host (triggered by Bernard?) and Clementine is indeed back
Complete Idiot
I promised myself no rabbit hole trip today, damnit.

I'll be listening to Jimbo Fisher speak when this week's episode airs - I'll be getting home quick to watch this one.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, that's the one. But a flashback makes more sense, as I just remember the cradle was destroyed.
bobinator
AG
I keep trying to come up with a situation where William wants to kill himself, that shot was in the season preview so I'm not putting spoiler tags around it, but so far haven't come up with much. Unless he starts to believe the world is a simulation.

All I know is it looks like we're set up for a really wild end to this season, I thought I had a reasonable grasp of where this thing was headed until I saw that new trailer.
bobinator
AG
That's what you get for living in Austin, B/CS Coaches Night is Monday.
TCTTS
AG
I've said it before but that latest trailer only confirms it... this season, and now especially the end of this season... feels like a straight up blockbuster movie, in the best way. Just a really long one. I still cant get over some of that imagery in that trailer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's just such an intricately written story, with so many layers that are beyond the surface-level entertainment factor of a Sci-fi / Western hybrid.

The more you put it, the more you get out of it.
claym711
AG
Seems likely that the hosts transfer themselves into bodies that can leave the island or whatever this place actually is, and that what's left in Bernard when Charlotte is interviewing him is Ford - which is why Bernard's mind is fragmented, and Ford is leading them somewhere likely to die.
mavsfan4ever
AG
So what is the hosts' game plan? To get to the valley and transfer their consciousness into real human bodies and then go enter the real world?

Where did the real human bodies come from? Why are human bodies being stored in the first place? And why exactly do they want human bodies instead of just keeping their host bodies?

Just watched the last episode and am having a hard time putting all the pieces together.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The real bodies are generated from the DNA of the visitors. And those visitors have lives outside the park. Between the massive amount of data collected on the visitors + replica bodies, it sets up a logical cover for the hosts when they leave the park.
KidDoc
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

The real bodies are generated from the DNA of the visitors. And those visitors have lives outside the park. Between the massive amount of data collected on the visitors + replica bodies, it sets up a logical cover for the hosts when they leave the park.
Ahh that also explains why the DNA door handles worked for Bernard!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Complete Idiot
I don't know about this "the hosts move into replicated human bodies then kill their old bodies" theory.

I admit the main reason I don't buy it since I don't see how the show could handle that in season 3 with actors/actresses being completely swapped out but playing the same roles? Having said that it's hard to imagine what season 3 will be - doesn't seem like there is another full season left in the park unless the season were to cover a lot of backstory and flashbacks.

I also see signs in the trailers that the hosts are going to fight each other to death, triggered by who I am not sure but have a theory ("I killed them all"). I think it results in few hosts alive, mostly just our key players.
mavsfan4ever
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Aaahh thanks. Not sure why I never realized that they were actually taking the visitors' DNA to build actual human bodies of the visitors. So is the theory that the hosts will take the bodies of visitors who have died in the park? Or take bodies of visitors who are now in the real world?
bobinator
AG
I'm not 100% certain that that's the plan. Even if it is, Dolores seems to be the only person that knows that's the plan. Like Complete Idiot said, the main reason I'm not sure that's the plan is I don't see how exactly the show would pull that off.

A loose end for me is did we ever find out who (or why?) was trying to send Maeve to the mainland? Presumably that answer still has a part to play in whatever is about to happen next?
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What are the thoughts on the Charlotte = Charlie theory?

I'd heard it a while back and now Recappables is all in on it.

Personally I think it's plausible. Age-wise is certainly lines up.
Complete Idiot
Brian Earl Spilner said:

What are the thoughts on the Charlotte = Charlie theory?

I'd heard it a while back and now Recappables is all in on it.

Personally I think it's plausible. Age-wise is certainly lines up.
On the surface I'll say that's laughable - thats as nice as I can say it. I'd have to read their justifications for this theory, but I admit I don't want to and won't.

Charlie turned out to be a manipulative passive agressive ****** if true.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My own thoughts:

Could it be that Charlie grew up resenting Ford and blaming him for the death of her father? And her whole motivation is to bring down Delos as a way to get revenge on Ford?

It may also explain how someone her age managed to climb so high in the Delos board. (Nepotism)
bobinator
AG
Yeah, I posted this a few pages back also because like you said, the recappables are basically all in on it.

I definitely think it's possible, but I'm not sure what it would mean exactly.

It would explain her attitudes toward Bernard if she was Arnold's daughter because she would know he's a host literally the entire time. I've been saying for a while that something is off with their whole relationship because she treats Bernard very oddly across multiple timelines.

A missing piece of the Arnold/Bernard story, at least I don't remember it being addressed, is what did Arnold's family know about his death? That would play into this a lot. Also, what's Ford's role here?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We know shockingly little about Arnold's family, other than his "son" dying.

They showed Bernard face-timing his "wife" once, but it was Bernard's implanted memories, so who knows if that was even the real wife.
bobinator
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

They showed Bernard face-timing his "wife" once, but it was Bernard's implanted memories, so who knows if that was even the real wife.
It definitely wasn't.

That's part of the problem with any Arnold theories, we know so little about him that basically anything could be true.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Didn't Bernard have a flashback/memory of a little girl in the latest episode? Could that point to Charlotte? Or was that Maeve's daughter? Can't remember the exact scene now.
SWCBonfire
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Didn't Bernard have a flashback/memory of a little girl in the latest episode? Could that point to Charlotte? Or was that Maeve's daughter? Can't remember the exact scene now.

Calling a theory now - Maeve is a copy of Arnold's wife, and the girl as their kid. They were kept in a loop where they were repeatedly attacked so that the pain and suffering would awaken them to consciousness earlier.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hm. Not bad.
bobinator
AG
This is what I'm talking about! That's the good stuff.

I don't think it will happen, but I like where your head is. A similar theory... a friend of mine has been calling since basically the first episode that Dolores is a copy of somebody. Perhaps someone that Ford knew in the real world.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My theory (I can't remember if I read it somewhere or it just popped into my head) was that Dolores was based on Arnold's wife, and that's why he put so much care into her from the beginning.
Complete Idiot
She just watched Bernard get waterboarded so she has no sympathy for him at all
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/8/17424742/westworld-jeffrey-wright-interview-bernard-host-performance-split-screens

Wat?

Edit: Ok, before reading I thought he was based on a specific Reddit user.
bobinator
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Yeah, but I think that would be the whole thing. Obviously she has no sympathy for him because she knows he's a fake because she knows the real thing. That aspect of the theory I can totally get behind.

The harder part to piece together is why Ford would make it a son when making Bernard. There's no way he'd have messed that up right?
bobinator
AG
Yeah, that's a bad headline, when you read the quote it actually makes a lot of sense for that character.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not that I think it means anything, but apparently Tessa Thompson is biracial. (Mexican mother.)

So her being Arnold + Dolores' daughter is at least plausible.
Hey...so.. um
bobinator said:

Complete Idiot said:

Yeah, but I think that would be the whole thing. Obviously she has no sympathy for him because she knows he's a fake because she knows the real thing. That aspect of the theory I can totally get behind.

The harder part to piece together is why Ford would make it a son when making Bernard. There's no way he'd have messed that up right?

What if Arnold only refered to her as Charlie and ford assumed it was a son.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.