***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

256,035 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
Breggy Popup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCTTS said:

And yeah, that was definitely Emily (William's daughter) in the beginning and toward the end.

Wait why are people even making this connection? Did I miss something?
Dunno. She seemed to act a lot like Theresa too.
TexasAggies06
AG
TCTTS said:

And yeah, that was definitely Emily (William's daughter) in the beginning and toward the end.

What makes you say this? I didn't make that connection at all.
Anyone else legitimately freaked out at zombie Clementine?
TCTTS
AG
We met William's daughter as a child last week and they made a brief point not only to emphasize her, but say that her name was Emily. She was also a brunette. And tonight, whoever that brunette woman is, not only seemed to have an intimate knowledge of the park, but she acted a hell of a lot like William, I thought. Same resolve, same twisted sense of excitement. She may not end up being Emily, but at this point I'm betting she is.
TV Casualty
AG
TCTTS said:

Grace? Did they say her name?

I was curious who the actress was so I looked it up. An article mentioned that the actress was playing a character named Grace.
TCTTS
AG
I recognized her from the last season of The Leftovers. I feel like I've seen her in other things as well, but not sure what.
Ranger222
AG
So, it's becoming clear that the Native American figures are going to end up being a huge part in the puzzle

1) they're the ones that have the "maze" tattooed on the inside of their skull (all characters that have been scalped have been native Americans, including the first episode of this and last season)
2) they don't seem to be normal hosts as they haven't been listening to commands the entire time, going back to last season
3) Maeve remembers them in her flashbacks of attacking her homestead, when it was really William. In tonight's episode, her flashback included a bloody rock with the maze symbol
ja86
AG
My only problem with that episode is that the tatical teams are dumber than dirt. One would expect a mercenary private army to be made up of mostly retired operators. That assault on the fort was just bad. One sniper with a 50 calibre sniper rifle decapitates the rebellion right there.
TCTTS
AG
I have to agreee. Starting to get an incompetent stormtrooper vibe from them.
TCTTS
AG
Also, rumor is that the Native American host who was part of the pitch to Logan last week has a larger role as a Native American in the park this season.
TV Casualty
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCTTS said:

Wait why are people even making this connection? Did I miss something?

I think it's just because she seems to be playing the game on a different level than the other guests. She seems very familiar with park.

She must be playing some bigger role than what we were shown tonight. They teased us with the tiger in episode one and now they are leaving us hanging with what happened at the water's edge.

It's kind of odd that the ghost nation hosts didn't kill Stubbs in the first season and now another character is likely to escape them. Somewhat odd that they were specifically asking for Sizemore to be handed over as well.
amercer
AG
TCTTS said:

They were outnumbered 10 to 1, and I don't think they've fully adapted to the idea that the hosts can fight back.

(Or for narrative purposes bad guys always have to be bad shots)
amercer
AG
Good catch on the ghost nation.
TexasAggies06
AG
I was hoping for more badass Native Americans this season, glad to see them become a bigger part of the story
TexasAggies06
AG
One thing I'm wondering is how the "climate" is different in the Samurai World they have apparently stumbled into. They were obviously able to walk there and with the prevailing theory being that these parks are on an island(s) somewhere in the South China Sea, I'm not sure why there would be snow there, unless they really have some sort of huge dome and can control the weather.
TV Casualty
AG
amercer said:

TCTTS said:

They were outnumbered 10 to 1, and I don't think they've fully adapted to the idea that the hosts can fight back.

They probably didn't know what they were up against but Charlotte did. Maybe she was just using them as a diversion so she could get Abernathy.
Liquid Wrench
amercer said:

TCTTS said:

Yeah, nobody at Delos corporate fully understands what Ford was up to with the hosts. Ford cryptically warned the Man in Black about that last season. We were all so wrapped up in the Julian Jaynes theories of consciousness stuff that we were looking for the classical SciFi story arc where the machines evolve on their own. But Ford's insanity and rigging traps for Delos corporate people and William are big factors in what's going on here.

Since the park, or parks, are larger than we saw last year, I'm just wondering if they stretch these couple of weeks of park chaos out the entire season or if the story actually moves out into the rest of the world.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Interesting about ghost nation. None of this had occurred to me, definitely something going on with them.

Maybe they were modded hosts by Ford or someone else.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
What is really great about this show is that there aren't really any altruistic heroes in it besides Teddy and Bernard (and I guess Steven Ogg's character, Rebus now). Pretty much all the main players in the show have their own agenda and worldview, and are willing to achieve it by pretty much any means necessary.

What is interesting to me is seeing if the Westworld crew will eventually all have to band together in order to dominate the other parks, never mind having to deal with Delos. You would have to assume that there are factions arising just like Dolores's army over all the other parks. That's at least 6 others.
M.C. Swag
AG
Yea I def thought it was Theresa at first in a flash back. She had uncanny mannerisms and looked an awfully like her. But I can't think of any way that timeline can add up.

It's more likely than not Williams daughter.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I don't know, I still don't see the connection to William. Just because she's a brunette and knows about the parks is not enough for me to even make a connection there. And in some sense makes the world feel small.

We don't need every character to be related.

JMO.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, it took one visit to reddit to change my mind.

This makes too much sense.

This also makes sense why she wouldn't want to be having sex with a host and shoots the stranger to make sure- if she is Williams daughter and is knowledgeable about the parks she probably knows that Delos is harvesting DNA and doesn't want to take any chances.

There was also this.

Left: Grace's journal
Right: The screen Bernard saw after decrypting Abernathy
Rocagnante
AG
Maeve's group ends up in a wintry area that Lee calls Klondike narrative and says it's north end of park. Makes me think they're still in Westworld, but they run into a samurai. So did the samurai cross parks or are they lost and are actually in Samurai World?
Dro07
AG
yes they must have crossed the river similar to William daughter did with the Bengal tiger.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Fogburn95 said:

Maeve's group ends up in a wintry area that Lee calls Klondike narrative and says it's north end of park. Makes me think they're still in Westworld, but they run into a samurai. So did the samurai cross parks or are they lost and are actually in Samurai World?

They have to be in Westworld still. They showed us what it looks like to leave the park at the beginning of the episode, and I would think they would definitely show us a scene of them crossing over to there. The Samurai has crossed over.
bobinator
AG
On the Ghost Nation stuff, it seems to me that someone is using them to round up the humans (though to what end we can't be sure yet.) They got Stubbs (but he's okay in the future as far as we know) and then last night they wanted Sizemore. They're immune to Maeve's ability to reprogram all of the other hosts also.

Worth noting also that both Stubbs and Sizemore work for the park and as far as we know weren't involved in any of the shady DNA/Data collecting stuff.

My current leading theory is that Elsie is controlling the "ghost nation."

*Edit: I should add that whoever is controlling them also doesn't seem all that interested in stopping what's happening overall like they showed in the scene with Maeve. They didn't attempt to hurt Maeve or Hector, they just wanted Sizemore.
bobinator
AG
free_mhayden said:

And I'm guessing it was discussed earlier in the thread but are we of the conclusion now that Delos is/was working on some kind of human/host hybrid for some form of eternal existence?
Yeah, this seems like it's going to be the major plot device of this season. Delos is trying to develop it in the past, maybe already has in the present, Delores is going to potentially trying to use it, etc.

I don't think it's an accident that Delos and Delores are similar names.
Dro07
AG
I can buy that theory about them "saving" the humans
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
free_mhayden said:

James Delos character was also one of the main guys in Session 9 if any of you are horror buffs.

As for the tiger lady, I was absolutely certain with the mannerisms that we were in a flashback and it was a younger Theresa -- the way she smoked, being savvy, knowing a bit about the park and especially when they hammered home about her being safe about not sleeping with a robot, something that would foreshadow her mistake with Bernard... really surprised when it wasn't.

And I'm guessing it was discussed earlier in the thread but are we of the conclusion now that Delos is/was working on some kind of human/host hybrid for some form of eternal existence?

Is there any reason to assume that Ford hasn't already done this with Bernard? He has DNA apparently.
bobinator
AG
One thing I was thinking last night though is that sometimes I find myself focusing too much on trying to "figure out" the show as opposed to just watching it and enjoying some of these great performances.

Evan Rachel Wood last night was incredible. The way she's playing one character who is a blend of a couple of other characters is truly great. Her facial expressions in last night's episode were killer. That heartbreaking look after Teddy couldn't kill those Desperados...

There are some other great performances also, like I'm starting to really appreciate Simon Quarterman playing Sizemore as well.
amercer
AG
So how long until the **** really hits the fan for Bernard? We saw the back of the neck scanner thingy that can tell hosts from humans last night...
bobinator
AG

After last night I'm more sure than I was last week that the humans know Bernard is a host.

Also, T=B can't be true right, or at least not in the sense that people thought? If you replace consciousness A with consciousness B, B wouldn't be recalling things that happened to A like Bernard did when he 'slipped' into the past.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's a solid theory about Elsie.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
anyone recognize that Major Craddock..... the villain/gunfighter Boon from the last season of Justified.

I didn't place him last week but he was more prominent this week.

amercer
AG
Yeah, I think Bernard is Bernard, the drone hosts aren't Bernard, Teddy is Teddy, and is dead by Delores' hand...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.