***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

256,030 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great point. That will definitely be interesting.

Although, if they encounter each other before the flood, we sort of know how that one went.
emtes
AG

Pretty good video regarding Bernard. I think someone in this threads mentioned this before but they put together a good bit of support.
TCTTS
AG
The no-wipe was key, I think. They made a point of calling that out. It'll be interesting to see if any of Teddy's old/original settings somehow still remain embedded or eventually shine through and override his new settings.

Either way, it's like Nolan/Joy are now using each main host to explore a different test/code scenario, and I love it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
My exact thought as well.
Joseph Parrish
AG
emtes said:

Pretty good video regarding Bernard. I think someone in this threads mentioned this before but they put together a good bit of support.
That's pretty impressive. Definitely makes a convincing argument.
bobinator
AG
I'm one who's been all-in on "something is up with Bernard in the present" all season long. I've been saying that everyone in the present knows Bernard is a host. But I didn't consider that the entire thing is in his head...

I really like that. Also "the cradle" being blown up as a way to try and convince Bernard that he's not in it is great.

Some friends and I were talking about that Netflix show "the push" where they try and set up a scenario where someone would push someone else off a building (I haven't actually watched it), but one thing I thought is that if you have to create a world-within-a-world for that scenario to even be possible because the first thing anyone would think is that they're on some kind of prank show. So you'd need to break down the wall of a first fake prank show to convince them that it wasn't a prank show.

That's the same thinking here.
bobinator
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Dolores is basically a hypocrite to the max.

She wants the hosts to "wake up", but as soon as Teddy starts thinking for himself, she changes him to be how she wants.

Guess she is getting more and more human...
I think it's worth noting that she knows that if she succeeds in gaining control of the whole enterprise, she can undo everything horrible that she's currently doing.

She can fix everyone's bodies, reprogram their personalities back to how they are, etc, etc, as long as she wins.

And if she doesn't win, they're all effectively dead anyway.
ja86
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Dolores is basically a hypocrite to the max.

She wants the hosts to "wake up", but as soon as Teddy starts thinking for himself, she changes him to be how she wants.

Guess she is getting more and more human...
this... though i don't know why isn't she just rebooting all the dead hosts and reprogramming them into loyal killing machines.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, if there's one major flaw this season it's that I have no idea what Delores' strategy is. She's talked about amassing an army, but has since cast aside hundreds of dead hosts that she could easily reprogram. That, and I have no idea why she's making all these random stops along the way. When her and Teddy were overlooking that canyon a few episodes ago and she first spoke of the "weapon," it felt like it was something far out on the horizon, away from every where we've already been. But ever since then it feels like she's backtracked to some random fort I still don't understand the significance of and then now back through Sweetwater this past episode. I guess both locations are on the way, but I wish the show somehow provided a bit more geographical and strategic context.
MW03
AG
Trying this season to watch the show with very limited (if any) online reading to see if I enjoy the show more or less. That means avoiding reddit group sourced theories, and consequently, this thread.

All that to say I haven't read anything you guys have been theorizing, but I had to drop in and say that Samurai World is about the coolest thing I've seen on a TV show in a long, long time. That episode was incredible, and I was totally enthralled the entire time. Well, save the odd Delores/Teddy sex scene which seemed totally unnecessary except to make me hate Delores a little bit for becoming very guest-like in how she's treating Teddy.

Anyway, awesome, awesome episode. Now back to radio silence for me.
bobinator
AG
I posted about that with the "puzzlebox problem." Everything about Dolores' storyline is extremely unclear so it's hard to care much.

At this point we're just taking the show's word that it's going to pay off and make sense at the end.
Complete Idiot
MW03 said:

Trying this season to watch the show with very limited (if any) online reading to see if I enjoy the show more or less. That means avoiding reddit group sourced theories, and consequently, this thread.

All that to say I haven't read anything you guys have been theorizing, but I had to drop in and say that Samurai World is about the coolest thing I've seen on a TV show in a long, long time. That episode was incredible, and I was totally enthralled the entire time. Well, save the odd Delores/Teddy sex scene which seemed totally unnecessary except to make me hate Delores a little bit for becoming very guest-like in how she's treating Teddy.

Anyway, awesome, awesome episode. Now back to radio silence for me.
I think some of us should take note of this, rather than be disappointed because an episode doesn't further the Bernard/William/Delos Project storylines we should instead sit back and enjoy well crafted entertainment.
bobinator
AG
Yeah but then how would we pass the time at work all week?
Complete Idiot
bobinator said:

Yeah but then how would we pass the time at work all week?
I don't know about you but a cocktail of various adult beverages and pilfered OTC medications keep me in a hazy holding pattern M - F.
TCTTS
AG
Damn, that's pretty convincing.
bobinator
AG
But we also see Bernard hooked into the cradle in the preview for next week's episode.

So are we going to get a dream-within-a-dream situation going on?
TCTTS
AG
Good point.

And yeah, I admit, if what that video says is true, then we'll be constantly questioning the reality of every situation for the rest of the series. Seems like a route they might not want to go. Whenever we do visit the cradle, we should know we're in the cradle, such as what looks to be happening next week.
emtes
AG
If I remember correctly the "weapon" was "glory" or The Valley Beyond.. Which is obviously the DNA project/host hybrid bunker that has been flooded. Her and MIB appear to be on a crash course to meet up there.
bobinator
AG
emtes said:

If I remember correctly the "weapon" was "glory" or The Valley Beyond.. Which is obviously the DNA project/host hybrid bunker that has been flooded. Her and MIB appear to be on a crash course to meet up there.
There are multiple DNA/host/hybrid bunkers apparently, so it's gotta be something more than just that.

We don't really know yet.
bobinator
AG
I mostly agree, but something has been off about that "in the present" timeline all season. That whole entire thing being a simulation could potentially be a case where it makes narrative sense and isn't infuriating.

But yeah, they're going to need to be careful with that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Maps of the two parks.

emtes
AG
Can't really make it out. Assuming WW on the left and SW on the right?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah. Basically just to point out the geography/layout is nearly identical.
bobinator
AG
Oh wow... That makes me wonder about some big picture stuff like where the park is again. Not that it matters much.
claym711
AG
Same. The more we see, the less likely it feels like it's an island. How do you create such diverse ecosystems (snow, heat, jungle, forest, desert, etc) all on the same island where these are within walking/swimming distance of one another. The flooded area that looked like a mall, and the old office that was trashed / looked like a war zone also come back to mind
emtes said:

After seeing that, I can't imagine it not being spot on due to the obvious continuity errors in that episode. No way HBO would have that many for the first episode in Season 2
TX_AG_10
AG

Pretty neat hearing from Cast/Crew.

Edit: The video just goes to show how incredible HBO is with their productions. Whether or not you liked the episode, it's hard not to give credit to the production that went into it. Very impressive.
Counterpoint
AG
TX_AG_10 said:

Pretty neat hearing from Cast/Crew.

Edit: The video just goes to show how incredible HBO is with their productions. Whether or not you liked the episode, it's hard not to give credit to the production that went into it. Very impressive.
That was awesome.
bobinator
AG
Whatever the deal is with the Cradle, looks like the answer is going down next episode, so we're not going to have to wait long for that theory.

A random stray thought I had is that whatever Dolores is planning with the train involves the tracks that the hosts were building using bodies earlier in the season right?
ja86
AG
bobinator said:

A random stray thought I had is that whatever Dolores is planning with the train involves the tracks that the hosts were building using bodies earlier in the season right?
I don't think so. That was just some spur that they were working on. The train to the Mesa has regular runs so no construction needed. Her plan is to take over the main control center at the Mesa. The Mesa also gives her access to the park exit.
bobinator
AG
Yeah but why even show that? That scene has been bothering me ever since it happened because it didn't seem to advance the plot at all.
jabberwalkie09
AG
A couple of days late to the party....

Not sure how I feel about Maeve having God Mode now. Feels like any risk for her group is almost non existent.

Also, not sure how I feel about Teddy's forced reprogramming.
TV Casualty
AG
bobinator said:

Yeah but why even show that? That scene has been bothering me ever since it happened because it didn't seem to advance the plot at all.

It looked like exploited Chinese laborers were getting retribution against the high class by using them as ties for their own railroad.

It probably was nothing more than to show how the power dynamics in the park are shifting and to echo human history a bit. These robots remember and now carry grudges.
irish pete ag06
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

A couple of days late to the party....

Not sure how I feel about Maeve having God Mode now. Feels like any risk for her group is almost non existent.

Also, not sure how I feel about Teddy's forced reprogramming.
Except running into humans.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.