***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

256,044 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
SWCBonfire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bobinator said:

The idea that "T&A" is somehow crucial to the formula for this show is borderline offensive.

Maybe not to you, but to think that people don't watch HBO shows in part due to "edgy" content is ignoring human behavior.

ETA: I'd gladly forgo any gratuitous displays in exchange for a coherent plotline that better develops and makes you care more for the characters.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Album of screencaps from the finale trailer.
Complete Idiot
Teddy Perkins said:

Album of screencaps from the finale trailer.
Of all those I found the Logan/Delores/Bernard image the most intriguing
AgEng06
AG
Yeah. Dolores has the gunshot wounds, so this is in the S2 timeline, but Logan still looks the same...
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
use "sp"

not "spoiler"
AgEng06
AG
Yeah, got it. It's been a while since I used those.
jabberwalkie09
AG
AgEng06 said:

Yeah. Dolores has the gunshot wounds, so this is in the S2 timeline, but Logan still looks the same...

Wonder if Logan is like a librarian of sorts, like he is the custodian of The Valley. Though I wonder if he is real or living in the machine like Ford did in the Cradle.
FifthYear
free_mhayden said:

They've kinda painted themselves into a bit of a corner... If she was human, then the two characters really didn't have enough screentime together to really feel all that much of an impact... If she wasn't human, then it falls under the "gotcha!" umbrella regarding who is a host and who isn't that many of us don't want to see this show go down.
"You can search for months and not find the person you're looking for."

She even said she didn't ever find the jewelry box and apparently that is where William's profile was left. I'm still not 100% that she wasn't a host.
TCTTS
AG
The aspect ratio of every Logan shot/scene in the trailer is widescreen, with the black bars on top and bottom. This was the same format for all scenes that took place in The Cradle. So I'm assuming all of these new scenes in widescreen are in the human version of The Cradle at The Valley Beyond.
Bunk Moreland
haven't watched anything more than E1 of season 2. Just wasn't feeling it. Hopped on to see if i could get a sense of how the season is going and just scanning the last 2 pages not trying to read anything specific...doesn't sound like it's a "must" anytime soon for me.

Too bad.
AgEng06
AG
Ahh, good catch. That would make sense of why he's there and looks like that.
TCTTS
AG
Very good points. We never saw her neck scan read out and William never cut open her arm. I'm betting Ford created an Emily host and gave her a copy of the same card he gave to William, just to *****with him.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Probably a fair assessment. I've enjoyed the season and am still glad I watched it. And it had it's moments that I really enjoyed. But there are definitely some negatives to the point that I couldn't recommend anyone making it a priority to watch.
Bunk Moreland
yeah. My thoughts are the late Julyish time frame is when I'll get around to it. Once we're in full summer doldrums.
Complete Idiot
Yeah, post OD cradle-only Logan. Cradle world is a bit funky if she retains gun shot wounds and bullet belts.

Did we ever decide if that was Teddy seen floating in the lake at the end of Episode 1?

Ford told Bernard he is the only one who can stop this - but I question everything Ford says since he only wants to achieve his goals (I think).

When Bernard said he killed them all, is he referring to hosts or the guests in the cradle?

Thanks for sparking my speculation interest again, Texags
jabberwalkie09
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

haven't watched anything more than E1 of season 2. Just wasn't feeling it. Hopped on to see if i could get a sense of how the season is going and just scanning the last 2 pages not trying to read anything specific...doesn't sound like it's a "must" anytime soon for me.

Too bad.

I've gotten the impression that while season one told a pretty cohesive narrative that this season has started a bunch more threads and is playing a longer game now. Especially since the show was renewed pretty quickly for a third season.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Regarding the scanning of the necks. The scanner is scanning for restraint ordinance. So humans don't have the restraint ordinance. But a host that was deliberately not given a restraint ordinance would also pass this check. Basically, just because William passes this test doesn't mean he isn't a host. Credit to reddit.

bobinator
AG
I'm gonna disagree here because it's still my favorite show on TV. And until we know how this season ends, it's hard to say for sure our complaints will hold. The finale could pull something off that makes a lot of the other decisions the showrunners made make sense. Unlikely, but possible.
bobinator
AG
I thought that was pretty obvious, if William is a host, Ford built him himself and literally nobody else knows about it.
TCTTS
AG
I do admit that at one point last night I was thinking that William was not only a host, but a host Ford created specifically to infiltrate the Delos family. At this point, though, I think it's pretty obvious that Nolan & co want us to think he could be a host, but that he's ultimately going to discover/confirm that he's human once he cuts his arm open.
TCTTS
AG
Speaking of William, it's interesting to note that in a couple of those wider shots featured in the season finale trailer, it looks like William and Delores are riding to The Valley Beyond together.
bobinator
AG
The "if you can't tell, does it matter" thing is like the centerpiece of William's storyline. So I think it's possible that we never find out for sure.
PatAg
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

yeah. My thoughts are the late Julyish time frame is when I'll get around to it. Once we're in full summer doldrums.
I have a feeling that once we finish the season, a lot of the "meh" wont seem meh anymore
bobinator
AG
I wondered as soon as it happened if Teddy wasnt being sweet aside to set up a reunion of William and Dolores.
TCTTS
AG
bobinator said:

The "if you can't tell, does it matter" thing is like the centerpiece of William's storyline. So I think it's possible that we never find out for sure.
That's a really good point.
TCTTS
AG
PatAg said:

Bunk Moreland said:

I have a feeling that once we finish the season, a lot of the "meh" wont seem meh anymore
This. I'm calling it now, and I'm more than likely setting myself up for disappointment, but the plot so far, and what we've seen via trailers, has the makings of an all-timer season finale. It just looks sooo good.
Independent George
AG
The scene with Delores killing the last ghost nation dude was the memory the cleanup team saw in S2 e1 right?

Teddy Perkins
AG
Independent George said:

The scene with Delores killing the last ghost nation dude was the memory the cleanup team saw in S2 e1 right?

Correct.
AgEng06
AG
Yes, I believe so.
Complete Idiot
Independent George said:

Yes, and I believe it was 11 days before Bernard/Beach landing scene to open the season. They said how far in the past it was but I may be wrong about 11 days.
mazag08
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Too bad.
You followed the last two pages.. where a couple of people started melting down after the pre conceived notions didnt come to light.

This season has been pretty damn epic, and for those of us that dont care to nitpick the color of the 43rd whisker to the left of Williams's mole, its been an extremely fun ride thats shaping up for a great finale.

Feel free to make your judgements from two pages of the thread though. You'll be the one missing out.
TCTTS
AG
Damn it... we agree yet again, mazag.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I don't see where it's nitpicking to have found what they did with Bernard and the timeline to be considered confusing story-telling. And there are a lot of people in this thread waiting for the Alt X video to post each week to help figure out what's going on. I think discussing, watching videos, etc in between has helped skme understand it and enjoy it more. But if not willing to do that, I could see it being a dud for someone.

I also have learned not to hold my breath for finales to tie things together. They rarely deliver. We'll see about this one.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
From reddit. Months ago.

AgEng06
AG
Nice.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.